Community post

Discussion

First ever faint +!!!

I just got my first ever 2 lines! It was extremely faint And it doesn't really feel real yet. My husband and I have been trying since September so this would be our 4th cycle. I HOPE IT STICKS!
With a very faint and very early positive pregnancy test did you ladies tell your significant others right away! Im nervous to tell my husband now because i dont know if hell believe a test that doesnt look like what the box looks like ;)
Did you wait for a darker positive?
Im SOOO excited im pretty sure i wont be able to wait but im sure Ill be thinking of nothing else all day. Yay for end of the year inventory counts....Im sure Ill be extremely focused all day.

Btw. Im 9dpo I THINK. I took evening primrose oil for the first time in the beginning of my cycle. We did ALOT of babymakin for a week straight. And had fun doing it. Its been a little like a chore lately so we went back to honeymoon times. Lots of foreplay and mid day just-for-the-hell-of-it sex :)
Good luck ladies! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on whether to wait a few days to tell him or just let my excitement out now

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I told my DH I thought there was a faint second line but it wasn't real until I used a CB Digital and it said Pregnant . The excitement was short lived bc I started bleeding at 5w 2days . We have started TTC again and U/S showed a follicle on the left ovary so we are BDing everyday . I really hope you have a sticky bean and next time mine sticks :) Good luck

11 years ago

I know what you mean. I am 7 days away from AF and got a couple faint, faint positives. I keep taking pictures of each test and tweaking it to see how many different ways I can make it darker etc. lol!! My OH knows. I don't think he will believe it 100% until the digital says pregnant. We lost our baby at 7 weeks on November 5th, got my 1st cycle on Dec 7th and bfp at 10dpo. I was embarrassed to show my close, close girlfriends any of the pics for fear they might laugh at what a faint line it is, but to me, a positive is a positive. I am trying to relax and not worry about anything. Hopefully I can see my pcp and get some blood work done to to ease my mind a little. Congrats and what a Happy New Year!!!! Prayers for a sticky bean for everyone who gets their BFP's :)

We used Preseed this time and last time. Both resulted in pg. I also used opk's twice a day starting with cd10 just to make sure I caught the surge. Got a smiley with a digital on cd14 and thank God we bd'd the few days leading up to and the day of and after. I think you made a good point about relaxing and having fun. I kind of just let go of trying to control everything and took the pressure off of the deed. I just charted my opk's and let the rest be lol! Again, good luck and best wishes and lots of baby dust!!!

11 years ago

Congrats Laureen. I couldnt even see the line at all on my camera no matter how i tweaked it. I decided to buy a couple of digitals after work and amazingly it came up PREGNANT! Big beautiful letters! Im amazed at how sensitive it was even using afternoon urine! I have a gift bag for hubby that has the pg test with 12/31/12 Happy New Year Honey written on it and some baby booties with a "congrats i knew you could do it" card. Lol!
I hope its a sticky sticky little bean!!

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats dear!! Well i took a test at as early as 4 dpo after experiencing sevre unusual headaches, and there was the faintest os faintest of lines. I thought i was imagining it!
At 10 dpo when i got lower back pains, i tested again with AM pee and then got a sure BFP :) which was confirmed next dqy via a blood test.
Hope this is helpful for yoj and congrats!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo