Community post

Discussion

Whos excied to start ttc for the 1st time!

View Full Post

My husband and i are coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary and our fourth year being together and this is going to be our first month ttc. We are VERY excited! I have a doc apt aug 15 for pre pregnancy checkup then the fun part will start :)

I just finished my last pack of bc pills and am hoping my cycles and ovulation will get back on track pronto! Before bc i usually had about a 26 day cycle. Heres hoping for a bfp by september! We wont be using any fertility aides yet. We decided to give it a few months just letting nature take its course.

We have always loved eachother and had a very healthy and happy relationship but its hard to explain how your heart feels when you decide your ready to make a new life with the person you love! My heart is so happy!

Who else is excited to start this journey? I want to hear other stories and follow and support eachother until we get our BFP's

145 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 145 Replies | Last Page

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for all the support. I didnt realize how much I need my 'online friends'. We havnt told anyone that we are even trying because I didnt want to face the "Are you preganant yet questions?"

Although, it may be easier, because now I get the "when are you guys going to have a baby?" questions.

Update:
I took another test this morning and there may be a very slight line. My husband said he saw it as well and he said it saw it yesterday too. I am pretty sure we both are seeing things. But I will keep testing until I get my period on Tuesday, just in case something changes.

Regardless, I am going on a mission next month. B6, Preseed, yoga, boxers, whatever it takes. It will also be an expensive fly month as I will have to fly up and see my husband when I am ovulating. But I am going to do everything I can to make it work.

Thanks again for all the support :)

11 years ago

@love -

Yeah, the online friends are a very good thing! It's nice to be able to talk with women about it, not just our hubbies. We aren't telling anyone that we're TTC either because we want to avoid the questions as well. Luckily, people aren't asking us too much when we're having babies because I have made it very clear that we are in no rush :) (even though now we kind of are). My FIL even went as far once to tell me that I wasn't getting any younger and that was when DH and I put a stop to THOSE questions. Couldn't believe his nerve...

I am saying some prayers for your BFP... surely you and your DH can't BOTH be seeing things! Remember it's possible that implantation hasn't even happened yet. Be patient with yourself! It sounds like you are doing everything right and I bet you will get your BFP very soon!

Hang in there, lady. I hope you had a nice 30th birthday!!

User Image

11 years ago

Hey everyone! This is my first cycle to TTC. I am using CBFM and OPKs until I know if the monitor is accurate for me. I am on cycle day 12 and still getting only a high reading, but so far the OPKs are matching up. I'm also doing BBT charting. I am so ready to be a mom. My husband I have been married since Aug. 2007 but been together since Oct. 2004.

Anybody having problems with their husband not getting excited. He says this is more your journey than mine, I'm the one that will be carrying the baby. I hope once we get that BFP he'll be more into it. We are BDing everyother day with every once in awhile everyday (for fun). Gotta have fun every once in awhile!

Baby dust to all!

11 years ago

Hi Ali! Nice to meet you!

Sounds like you have all of your bases covered as far as fertility/ovulation go! Good job!

As for your hubby not being as excited to you, I'm not sure what to say... I definitely feel like we girls can't help but be more "into it" because yes, it is our bodies and we have to pay attention to our cycles, O dates, symptoms, temps, CM, everything. It's a lot of work and I think guys just don't get it sometimes - all they have to do is BD!

However, I do think that him saying that this is "more your journey than his" is EXTREMELY insensitive!! If my DH said that to me, he would be in trouble for sure! Hubbies have to be supportive because there is so much going on with you. Just because the baby will be inside of you doesn't mean it's more "your thing" than his!

Hope that doesn't sound mean... I can definitely understand him not being as excited as you. My hubby is the same way and is very much "let's take it as it comes." Being on here has been really helpful because I can gush about symptoms, CM, etc. and not wear DH out with it all. :) I have also heard things about how some guys just don't feel connected to their babies until later on in pregnancies or even until they're born... like somehow they just can't believe there's a baby until they see/hear/touch it. He might also just be tired of you talking about this stuff all the time (if you are). I know my DH gets tired of it sometimes and he'll just ask me if we can talk about something else. :) If that's your hubby too, there isn't much we can do about that but I do think he should make an effort to be supportive of you.

I hope I'm not being to advice-y and I just want to lend you some support! Sometimes TTC feels lonely, doesn't it?

User Image

11 years ago

I think men and women can have different approaches when it comes to stuff like this. I like to talk, talk, re-talk, and talk again about the same issues. I like to reasearch and postualte and 'what if'. This is how I show excitement and interest. My husband, on the other hand, thinks I am crazy (in a loving way ;)). He likes concrete evidence before he can get excited. For example, today he asked me to make sure that I take a picture if I get a postive PT so he can see it and keep it!

I think these forums are great for getting all your talking out. I have found that there are many women on here who handle their excitement in a similar way to mine and that's great! Maybe you should chat with him and see if you can explore the idea of it being your journey vs his. He may just not have the words to express how he is feeling.

I took another HPT this morning and same result. Very, very, very faint line. Good thing is that it is the same thickness as the other line (clear blue test), but it is sooo light! AF is due later today, so we will see.

Anyone else have any news?

11 years ago

@love - OMG! A line! Two days in a row! That's so exciting! Who cares if it's faint? A line is a line, right? I am so excited for you! You're still testing pretty early so I wouldn't worry about a faint line.

And good job replying to Ali's question - much more eloquent and sensitive than my reply! I totally am a talker, too, and I love being able to talk, talk, talk here.

How sweet your DH wants to save pics of your tests!! Do you have a pic for us by any chance??

@Sanders - How's it going? 4DPO right?

And our other PG ladies..???

I am 4/5DPO today, feeling tired and have had a headache for days but not really counting that as a symptom since headaches can be caused by a zillion other things. Also have had non-stop pinching/weird non-AF cramps on the right side since O day. CM is sticky but I am not dry like usual after O, so that is curious. And I THOUGHT I had a metallic taste in my mouth yesterday, but not 100% sure as it was pretty mild and I do sometimes imagine things!

...I am so sure we timed our BDing really well this month, so I am excited to find out what happens here... most of the time I find it impossible to believe I might actually be PG. This will be my first pregnancy ever, when it happens.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement! I am still not sure. The "line" could easily have been a shadow.

I don't have a picture. My camera is no good a photos. But I will take another test tomorrow morning and post that picture here :)

I would love to see a BFP!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to any Canadians out there! (PS: I am Canadian!) Going to eat lots of turkey to give my body energy for this little one!

11 years ago

@love I am Canadian too! But I live in the US so I don't really have any Canadians to celebrate with... going to call my family though! :)

User Image

11 years ago

Hey girls, thought I would just pop in and let you know how my first week preggo has been.... Up until yesterday my only symptoms were insomnia and sore, heavy, warm breast. But yesterday I was hit with morning (turned all day) sickness. I haven't thrown up, but my nausea is unlike I have every experienced. And I almost threw away everything in my fridge because it all looked gross to me. Finally I went out and bought some candied ginger and it was amazing! Took the nausea right away!

I also started a pregnancy journal (old fashion paper) this past week and my hubby and I are going to write notes to the baby and I'll write how I feel every few days.

I hope you all get BFP soon!

11 years ago

Hey everyone! So....im trying to not CONSTANTLY be on here and just get through everyday of this horrible 2ww without thinking about it ALL YHE TIME. Lol

ALI- I think i totally relate to what u mean with ur husband. Mine wants to start a family and is happy about it but i think OUR journey begins on cd1 when we obsess, buy opks, hpts, chart cervical mucus and chart every symptom. And frankly id rather him not participate in all of that. Lol. Men can be completely wonderful and supportive but frankly he just doesnt THINK pregnant thoughts all the time. Haha
This is why we talk to eachother on here to let all the crazy out!

Well. Im 4 dpo today. No symptoms really other than i had a reallllly crappy day at work which made me moody and frankly a b#*@h all day :( came home and took a nap so im back to my cheery self (hubbys very happy)
my nipples have been pretty sensitive which is kind of rare for me..... we shall see soon :)

Thanks for the update Mcfarlane! Sorry bout the 'notjust restricted to morning' sickness but im sure its all worth it!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo