Community post

Discussion

Anyone Testing This Week or Next Week??

View Full Post

I'm expecting AF tomorrow and I really hope that she has decided to leave me alone for a while or more like 9 months. I'm going to be testing in the morning tomorrow but I'm scared and very anxious.

Anyone else that's on just about the same cylce or any words of encouragement.

Good Luck to you ladies!

353 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 353 Replies | Last Page

@ Kresslove - Thanks - we have been trying for a year and 8 months now. The first year, I had just gotten off birth control and we were a little cavalier and thought we would be able to get it pregnant fairly easily by just being relaxed, bding pretty often and didn't bother tracking dates, etc.

Last spring we really started tracking using predictor apps for ovulation, then have been using opk's a couple of months ago and then started temping last cycle. I have regular cycles and my temps look pretty regular in terms of bi-phasic, lower pre ovulation and higher post ovulation. So nothing obviously wrong for me. DH is healthy for the most part (he does still smoke a little,~ 2 packs a week), so maybe that is affecting his mobility a little. We'll have to see what the Dr. says. I turned 34 this summer past, so the clock is ticking.

I have heard about good things with preseed as well, so might as well give that a try.

I really hope AF stays away and you get your BFP!

8 years ago

twwtoolong- Thx hun!
20 months is a long time to be ttc! I'm 6 months into it and just started temping this cycle. NOT to be all into your business but you're doing the basics, right? EX: DH on top, 15 mins in the bed with your hips elevated, etc?

I was on Paragard IUD for 2 years. BTW, I don't recommend it to anyone!!! Better off using condoms, trust me. Anyhow, just like you, after I had it removed we thought it would be easy to conceive. Flashback: When I had the IUD removed it was embedded into my "walls."
OK, thinking nothing of it. Had it removed.

1st pregnancy- MC at 12 weeks
2nd pregnancy- MC at 11 weeks ... Started cramping and went to the ER, doctors told me my levels were the same as someone in their tww. I said, "NOT possible, I'm almost 3 months pregnant!" "According to your levels you're 2 weeks pregnant." ( I had not had a period in 3 months.)

So, here I Am again, ttc. I actually waited a month to let me cycle "resume to normal" before ttc. Biggest mistake. Now its super hard. Right after the first mc, we tried immediately, and I got pregnant.

Twwtoolong - Do you plan on using preseed in conjunction with the other things that you are doing? How much longer are you ttc before seeking help? Have you thought about IVF, or freezing your eggs?

8 years ago

@ Kresslove - We don't always stick to the basics, just to keep it fresh (my doc actually said that there really isn't much scientifically to the position business)- but I do stay in bed for 10-15 min afterward. I usually just put my feet up on the headboard, but maybe will put a pillow under my hips this month. I am still going to use opk's and temping this month with the preseed too.

We have talked about how far we would go into infertility treatments - I have had a close friend deal with infertility and try a number of IVF cycles. Between the cost and how hard it is on your body, I am not sure that I would go that route. However, I would try medication (ie. clomid) or artifical insemination, if appropriate. I am really hoping we won't need to go this route. I think I'll get the information from the doctor this month about testing but wait until the new year to before testing.

I am so sorry to hear about your losses and that is awful about your IUD. Hopefully you'll get your sticky bean soon! Maybe this month - you might still be in!

Any other suggestions for us to try are greatly welcomed!

8 years ago

twwtoolong- I am also hoping that you don't need to go that route! There may not be a "Science to Conception," but I despise getting out of bed just to feel everything "fall out!" TMI SORRY. At least let gravity play its role a little bit. I hate medication. After one class of pharmacology I look at everything with a side eye. I have heard good things about Clomid. A lot of the stories I have heard were involving multiples without trying for multiples.

That would scare me to death. The mc in Jan were twins and the mc in May were triplets! Multiples are dominant in me and DH families.

As of right now I'm feeling pretty good. NO sign of AF. IF only I could feel this way same time tomorrow. I'll definitely test again.

HopefullyAMommy- Mini Vacation must be going well!!!

8 years ago

Hey Ladies!!

Spey I haven't gotten a chance to respond back to you ladies one by one, but I hate writing up here on my phone versus a computer. Plus it's so tiny and then when I zoom in I can't see what you ladies wrote so yeah annoying. I see that some of your tempos have been up and down and in very sorry that the witch showed her face twwtoolong. I know you definitely did everything you could this cycle. I'm glad to hear that mrssumner is doing well minus the morning sickness but this is great news though definitely. I really hope the rest of you ladies with the spotting turns into something positive for you ladies. I really do hope the witch stays away though. Kresslove my vacation is going great. I'm definitely enjoying it. I haven't brought out the lingerie yet for hubby yet because our first night we were so tired from traveling.

If I missed anything please forgive me ladies. I'm trying to keep up but hubby already complained that I was on my phone too much on vacation but that's because I was still kind of working on some numbers that I saw in my work email that I checked. So I'm trying to give the phone a break. I'm definitely have a good time though.

*HUGS Ladies*

Good luck speak to you ladies soon!

8 years ago • Post starter

HopefullyAMommy - so happy to hear you're having a good time on your trip!

KressLove - AF arrive for you this morning?

twwtoolong - it sounds like you have a good plan in place. I'm glad to hear that you're going to continue charting your temperatures. I think that can be very helpful.

My temperature was up even higher this morning after dipping low on Saturday. Since AF was supposed to start this morning, I went ahead and took a test, but I'm pretty sure it's a BFN. I used an EPT which is a blue dye test and I find them difficult to read. There seems to be *some* coloring where the plus is supposed to be, but not enough to be considered a positive.

I am still spotting a little and I have a huge headache this morning. I really really want this cycle to be over. If I am not pregnant, I hope AF starts today.

Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5b6e64

What do you think? Is it possible I'm still in the running even though I had a BFN today (14dpo) and I've been spotting? These temperatures are really throwing me off.

8 years ago

Hi everyone,

From looking over things it looks like some of you are starting again on your next cycle and some of you are about to test - fingers crossed for you. I was on the contraceptive pill for a while (about three years) and when I went off it my periods were a hit and miss appearance. I would get two "periods" per month that were very short followed by nothing for two months and it took a good portion of the year (I guess 6 months) for my body to get back to normal monthly cycles. Since then I have personally been using condoms as I was alarmed at what the pill had done to my body after such a short time.

I believe I have had an mc. Bleeding heavier than what AF is, pain is like contractions and not my usual AF sensations, hard to walk, passed tissue yesterday. Medical advice has been to wait a week and test for pregnancy again then. After the amazing medical treatment I had got in my home country for a previous mc, I feel here that I have been left out for the wolves... Emotionally and physically drained but remind myself that if it had to happen, better now in the early days than later. That is my only consolation for my little one who had taken refuge within me.

Its so hard understanding that I wanted this baby so much yet my own self was physically letting it go at the same time. I feel betrayed by my body and sort of view myself as me being a hostage of my own body. Its strange. At the same time I need to love and protect my body if things are to succeed for me in my next cycle.

And that is my other consolation. That I have the ability to keep on trying. I am/was a little under 6weeks so not sure when I shall ovulate next. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what was normal for them after mc (sorry to put it so bluntly. I understand if people do not want to talk about this.)

Be well and keep healthy girls, xx

8 years ago

Lucidity- I am so sorry to hear about your mc. I know this is a very difficult time for you. At least you have a positive mind to move forward with ttc on the next cycle. It's going to be tough and at least for me, no amount could fill the void that I was feeling.

With my first mc it started off pink spotting here and there. Later on that evening I began to feel labor-type cramps (When you can feel contractions trying to expel something from your body.) I went to the bathroom and had the urge to "push," so I did. ______TMI ALERT_________

Tons of bloody tissue fell into the toilet. After sitting there for a few minutes, I wiped until I was clean. Emotional and distraught bc I Knew what was happening, I tried to relax and took a warm shower. I stood in the shower and "WHAM!" A big glob about the size of a grapefruit fell onto the shower floor. Curious, so I picked it up. I examined it, and was easily able to identify what appeared to be the placenta. The cramping continued for about 3 additional days, and I didn't stop bleeding for 1 1/2 weeks. By the third day I had no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. I was no longer exhausted, no boob soreness, no appetite, no bloating, nothing.

Lucidity I understand how you feel about the "care" you received. Sadly, compassion is missing from health care systems. I had just left the emergency room hours before I mc. That's when I found it I was pg with twins, and supposedly they were "doing just fine." I was told light pink bleeding is normal in early pg, but IF it is accompanied by cramps and/or red blood, that's not a good sign. On a lighter note, your body is considered to be "open" and it may be easier for you to conceive this cycle if you're still trying. So sorry to hear the news. Have a good week, dear.

8 years ago

Sophe- No AF as of yet! FX.
Your chart is all over the place, but it does look good in the sense that you're still in the running. Pretty nice temp spike in the last two days! So are you going to test?

My temp plunged this morning, but still no signs of AF. As stated before, this cycle for me has gone bonkers. I was cramping and had a "Full" feeling in my uterus, and today I have nothing whatsoever. I went and bought a dollar store cheapie that I'll probably use in a little bit.

Today I'm 13 dpo, and haven't tested since 9dpo (evap)

8 years ago

Hi All -
@ lucidity - this is just awful to hear. It's really disappointing to read that you do not feel like the health care system is taking care of you adequately. I really hope that you have not had a mc, but we are totally here for support if you feel you might have and just need to vent or just to get a BIG VIRTUAL HUG.

I have not had a confirmed mc myself (I have had a suspected mc/chem preg this past summer and am wondering if I just had one actually). In both cases, Af was only a day or two late, I generally try to hold off to test until AF is at least a day or late, just got to sick of seeing bfn's. Both started with pink spotting (I normally just start right away) and then a day later and (TMI warning) for a couple of days it's just very heavy flow and super full of clots (an occassional clot or two are normal for me, but not like this). This has been hard enough to deal with, just thinking it might have been, but for some reason having it not confirmed makes it easier to cope mentally for me. I can't imagine how you are feeling, but please know you have us here.

Keep us posted and we are here for moral support!

@ Sophe28 and KressLove - You are in until it's full blown AF in my opinion! Fingers crossed!

Take care ladies - big hugs to everyone. This ttc stuff is just hard sometimes.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo