Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey...

View Full Post

This thread has gotten me through some of my most difficult days throughout TTC. I have learned so much from the amazing friends that I have met here, not only about TTC but about life itself. I hope that our sisterhood only expands and that we can continue to learn from one another and help each other. You ladies are wonderful. A big welcome to all the new amazing ladies that have joined. I am so glad to have found this thread. Our journey continues. Looking forward to getting some good news :) Love you all.

User Image

299 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 299 Replies | Last Page

Wanted to drop in for a second I am still reading up on everyone and I promise to write you all soon.

Me and DH talked last night and I didnt realize how much TTC really was getting to me. I mean I want a baby so bad but my body just wont do it!

I have a love/hate relationship with the TWW.
I dont feel pregnant, but I didnt when I was preg in may either. I have been craving salt, I mean alot, and had no appitite all day until I got home and then I was eating a plate and started thinking about what I could eat next before I was even half way done. Could just be bad pms. I have not really been thinking about poas. I wont let myself until at least the day af is due. Yea right lol
And now I am freaking out because I arrived at a patients home today and found out she has shingles! Pregnant women CANNOT be exposed to this because it can cause birth defects. So I called my scheduler and asked her to please not schedule this patient to me again. Even though I am probably not pregnant I dont want to take that chance.
Nobody bothered to tell me and my work is aware that I am TTC for that reason so I can make sure I am not exposed. REALLY upset me because who knows I could be.

I will write you all soon.
Jess

Jess User Image

12 years ago

CJ-
Just a guess but maybe this is the second egg coming? haha i dont know if that can happen just guessing and hoping for u to have twins :)

Shea-
I'm so sorry they were jerks to u when u were upset. I have no idea what the medical emergenices of clomid are. I work with heart patients <3. Is there anything I need to watch for?

I hope everyone is hanging on. I just took my 1st clomid for this cycle. I'm praying for side effects....i feel like side effects means its working.

User Image

12 years ago

Love - thank you for starting the new thread! I don't know what I'd do without you guys. Y'all are like family to me. I got my third positive opk in a row this am. Is that normal? I did another one tonight and it was negative. My temp was up today, so I may have ovulated yesterday (cd13). Would it be normal to have a positive opk the morning after ovulation? I totally understand how you feel about not being able to find a job. It took me seven months to find my new job. I'll be praying that you find the perfect job soon!

Living Aloha - I am so sorry about your lousy drs visit. I cry every time I see my OB/GYN too. It's all these darn hormones they have us on!

Ash - I love dollar store tests! I got some wondfo strip tests this month. I got opks and hpts. I am not impressed with the opks, I definitely like the answer brand more. But I have heard that the hpts are great. They are VERY cheap too. I got 40 opks and 20 hpts for $16!
I'm sorry about your BFN! It really was too soon though. It is common to take some form of progesterone after ovulation. It helps the baby stick if you conceive.

Beach bum - you should never feel bad about ranting. We ALL do it sometimes. LOL, I don't it a lot!

Carolyn - sometimes you do have a dip on ovulation day or the day before ovulation, but not always. I had a month when I did and a month when I didn't. Don't give up on BDing! Before I started clomid I had positive opks all throughout my cycle at various times. For me, it meant that I wasn't ovulating. It may not mean that for you though.

Littlebabymonkey - I would be frustrated too! Why waste another month on a dosage that didn't work? I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your doc!

JLMarks - don't hesitate to ask your doctor! It is YOUR body!

Margaret - good luck on this cycle. I've got my fx for you!

Shea - that is so sweet of your hubby! It is really hot here too. I feel like I'm dying every time I step outside!

AFM - my temp is up today. But it has one up a few times this month, so I am going to wait and see if it goes up for two days in a row before I say it was ovulation. I think the other higher temps may have been flukes. One morning I woke up with my dog sleeping on top of me, I think that may have raised my temp. I had three days of very positive opks. Is it normal to have them for three days? Is it normal to have a positive the morning after ovulation?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago

Hi sisters! My internet's been acting up so I'll be brief.

I just want to give my input on the opk/bbt discussion. You can or won't see a temp dip before O AND you can get positive opk for 3-4 days in a row AND you can get a positive opk and then not O and then get another positive opk & then O. Lastly I have O'd with a positive opk and then tested negative on opk to then find a few days later... Another positive opk! Unless you are temping correctly, you have not O'd if your temps do not go up. But Nat's temp didn't show that and she had gotten preggers. For me, to help ease any confusions/anxieties, once I get the first definite positive opk, I just stopped testing. We would BD everyday until my temp goes up. Otherwise I would go insane with the craziness of opk testing! I hope this was helpful. BTW, check out peeonastick.com for some really great insights on both htp &opk.

Oh and I don't know who said that she is opk testing in the morning &evening, but you should do it bet. 1-3pm bc your lh surges in the morning and your body takes a little while before it shows up in your urine. Since I have a POAS addiction, I will test at 11am, 1:30pm & 3:30pm...

12 years ago

Thanks guys for easing my mind some.... I just felt crazy and I have never seen that before with myself! Well, we did bd last night too and I may try tonight just to make sure:) But I am pretty sure I O'd now yesterday or today because my temp went from 97.2 yesterday to 97.6 today so I will see if it still rises tomorrow morning but it looks like it is going back up again! Yeah! I do have a blood test this Mon. to check to see if I did indeed O so that will hopefully clear it up a bit and if I am not then my dr. will do something about it!!! Just so confusing and frustrating sometimes when you think you finally have it straightened out and than WAMO a new confusing situtation comes up to throw you for a loop!!!!

12 years ago

I had a huge temp drop this morning, so I did not ovulate. But a drop that big means that I might soon! I have to make sure to jump on my hubby tonight, LOL!

I hope everyone is doing well this morning!

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago

Just got the darkest opk yet this AM.... darker than yesterday afternoons positive........ so I think I will O today!!!!! Bding tonight too!!!!

12 years ago

Thanks for the welcomes..... Hubbys test results were great so hearing the news was reassuring. Yet at the same time made me feel worse knowing its all my fault..... I hope we all get our bfps. 9th month ttc and never thought it would be this hard. Hate it when others looking in say it will happen or tell me not to stress. They dont understand how hard it really is looking at baby things, or since my 3 friends are all prego at the same time gonig to thier baby showers it sux. Nice to have you guys to relate to

12 years ago

rachel: that was what my temp did yesterday so I bet you will O soon too! We can be O buddies:)

12 years ago

when I can i start opks? Is it 5 days after last clomid?

User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo