Community post

Discussion

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) delays ovulation?????

Ladies,

If you have any info on Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) please share. I have read on many threads on different sites that it can delay ovulation and even go as far as No ovulation. Clomid works for me and I do ovulate on clomid so do not want to take a risk of not ovulating or ovulating later than usual. I take 3000mg a day. It has helped increase CM for me so it is working but should I stop taking it. I am on CD8.

Thank you ladies

User Image

2 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hey!

EPO does have a risk of slowing ovulation but only if you are taking to much. It took my O day from CD 22 to CD 16 in one month and I am on 1,000mg (taken one time daily). That's usually what I recommend to women I work with, 3,000mg is just a little much for your body to handle. Also, it took away all PMS symptoms :-) a lot of people stop it around ovulation but ive found it's okay to take until you find out you're pregnant as it regulates your periods if you didn't conceive. I went from 6-7 days bleeding to 4 days, with only one heavy bleeding day vs the entire period. It was wonderful. All the girls I work with have had the same results. And anyone I've consulted on having taken EPO until 5 to 6 weeks pregnant (cause they didn't know) were fine!

I'm married to the most wonderful, supportive and loving husband! and I have a little cocker spaniel puppy =) My passion is pregnancy! I work with women who are trying to conceive by teaching them the influence that diet has on their reproductive health and how natural nutrition and their food choices can help reverse infertility. I also work with woman on proper nutrition and diet during their pregnancy and breastfeeding/post-pregnancy season.

12 years ago

Thank you so much for the response. So basically you actually Od earlier than you usually do right? Yesterday I only took 2 capsules (2000mg) instead of 3. I guess maybe I should only take one then. I figured that I won't know until I try it. Thank you so much!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo