Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey...

View Full Post

This thread has gotten me through some of my most difficult days throughout TTC. I have learned so much from the amazing friends that I have met here, not only about TTC but about life itself. I hope that our sisterhood only expands and that we can continue to learn from one another and help each other. You ladies are wonderful. A big welcome to all the new amazing ladies that have joined. I am so glad to have found this thread. Our journey continues. Looking forward to getting some good news :) Love you all.

User Image

299 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 299 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies.

im still here. Ive just been keeping myself busy. Still waiting to ovulate but Im doing much better emotionally and spiritually. I just want to let yall know that i do love each of yall dearly! Thank yall so much for picking me up when im down and most of all for being my friends. Yall are amazing women and i dont think i could do any of this without yall. Im sending my prayers for yall, and i know god will bless all of you for being so kind to me. Love y'all

Yalls ttc sister,
Shea.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Rachel- So sorry to hear that AF is here. You should ask the doctor about why he/she is increasing your dose, just so you feel better. Plus it is good to know. Took clomid for 4 cycles and my doctor had never said anything about increasing it. I am so glad there is a plan ahead for you. It is always good to at least know what the next step is. Lots of

Shea- Glad you feel better. What CD are you on?

Nancy- I know we worry when our bodies act differently than usual but I would not worry about post O temps being low if this only happened for only 1 or 2 cycles. My temps were lower than usual last cycle too. It is good that you can read your cm. I can never tell the difference. I can only tell the difference between watery and creamy lol.

little- I am waiting!!! Don't worry. We'll test on Wednesday 10DPO. By the way, what is your name? You may have told us already but I am not sure.

Jess & Margaret- I hope you two get twin bfps.

Margaret- I do take the digi opks. I have a question for you. I remember you had done the painful dye test. I do not mean to sound like I am being intrusive but did you do the test before or after your first m/c? I hope I do not upset you with this question. I am wondering because I would like to know if I should ask my doctor for that test even though I have had a faint positive and very early m/c. Can you still get a positive if your tubes are blocked? Can blocked tubes cause m/c. I just want to know if I should ask for the test? Sorry if I confused you.

AFM: Dh was a little sick and now I feel like I am getting a little sick too. Seems like it might be a very mild cold. You know that feeling when you feel like it's coming. Plus my temp has been pretty high today compared to other days.

It's almost 11:00 p.m. in California. Gonna try to go to sleep soon. Good night ladies!

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Rach - thank you. After 2yr of ttc I just dont see it happening.

AF is a day late now. Gona give it a week and see what happens

12 years ago

Morning Ladies!

Nat - Not upsetting me at all! That is a very good question. I got preggers on my 2nd cycle of clomid and had a miscarriage. The plan was that if I wasn't preggers by 3 cycles they would do the HSG die test. I went to the Dr and he said that because I had gotten preggers my tubes probably weren't blocked but we could still do the test for peace of mind if I wanted. He also said that the test increases fertility for 3 to 6 months after it is done. That was more than enough of a reason for me to get it done so I went ahead with it! I got the test done after my 3rd cycle of clomid wrapped up. Then, the same cycle I got the test done (cycle 4) I got preggers again. Unfortunately that ended in a miscarriage as well. I am now on my 6th cycle of clomid and hoping that this is it.

So to specifically answer your questions - yes you can still get a positive if only one of your tubes is blocked or if they are partially blocked. I don't think blocked tubes cause miscarriage but I am not 100% sure. The main issue with blocked tubes are they prevent the sperm and the egg from meeting up. And I would totally do the test and the sooner the better. You have to do it at certain points in your cycle so I would call asap and find out when your dr wants to do it. It hurts - but it isn't horrible. Just take asprin or something before and it wont be bad. It is totally worth it in my opinion.

Hope this helps

User Image

12 years ago

Margaret- How are you doing today? Thank you that was very helpful. I think that I will ask for it in 2-3 of months, I don't think that our insurance covers it so that will give us a chance to save some money. I don't even know about how much it will cost us. I definitely think that we should do it for a peace of mind.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello Ladies!

I've been laying low, feeling down in the dumps these past several days....after the IUI, I was sure we'd get a + test (after all, we got one au naturelle last cycle on Clomid!) but I'm 13 DPO and neg neg neg is all I've gotten. I know we're not out until AF shows, but I also know that I experienced more intense symptoms last cycle when I actually was preggos (at least for a couple short, beautiful weeks)....just feeling down.

I almost wish that AF would show up already so we can try again....my cycles are soooo long (40+ days) so if we're out I wish the witch would just show so we can hurry up and move on!!....we're on to injectables and IUI next month if this month didn't take (and it's looking like it DIDN'T). i hope you all don't mind if I still hang around this thread, even if I'm not on clomid anymore...you've been an amazing support system!

Sorry for the vent, tried to be calm and peaceful all month long and now I just feel saaaaad.

User Image Me-PCOS since 1997 DH-low morph 18% Off BCP since April 2010 Started Metformin (1500mg) April 2011 May 2011-Clomid 50mg--no ovulation, BFN June 2011-Clomid 100mg-late ovulation, BFP, chemical July 2011-Clomid 150mg-late ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN August 2011-Femara 5mg-ON TIME ovulation, IUI, BFN September 2011--Femara 5mg, ON TIME ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN October 2011-HSG Test--CLEAR!, no Meds.... November 2011-New RE December 2012-Clomid/Follistim/Trigger B2B IUI, BFN January....off due to big ol' cyst. BCP. Sonohystogram-clear! February 2012-Follistim (1 folli--grr!), Trigger, B2B IUIs, BFN March 2012-cyst. Grrr. On BCP for 10 days Coooome oooooon baby!!!!

12 years ago

So sorry Aloha...... I was just there too this past month... I was sure I was preggo... the dr. even saw three happy follicles ready to go: but nothing! I am starting to feel more positive again, but it takes time. I may be moving on to IUI too next month if this one doesn't do it. Keep your head up... you still have some great options and possibilities for upcoming months...I know if you are like me then you want it now though instead of later!

12 years ago

sorry ahola....however I will keep my FX anyway!!!

I refilled my clomid today...thought maybe that would scare my body into being pregant.

I also got 2 pregancy tests. I'm going to do one tomorrow or thursday and the next one on the following monday. HATE THE TWW....especially when u dont feel pregant.

U girls ever hear of those u might be ttc if...
heres a good one that I did today!

U might be TTC if you know what pregancy tests have $2 off coupons inside, so you open the package and take out the coupoin before you check out.

User Image

12 years ago

Aloha - please stay! I may be moving on to injectibles soon too. I'm sorry the clomid didn't do it for you. This will be worth it when you get your baby.

Monkey - FX for a BFP!!!!

My update from my doctor's visit is on my blog. It went well. Please check it out!
http://rachelsgettingthere.blogspot.com/2011/08/hope-restored.html

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago

Aloha - please stay! I may be moving on to injectibles soon too. I'm sorry the clomid didn't do it for you. This will be worth it when you get your baby.

Monkey - FX for a BFP!!!!

My update from my doctor's visit is on my blog. It went well. Please check it out!
http://rachelsgettingthere.blogspot.com/2011/08/hope-restored.html

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo