Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey...

View Full Post

This thread has gotten me through some of my most difficult days throughout TTC. I have learned so much from the amazing friends that I have met here, not only about TTC but about life itself. I hope that our sisterhood only expands and that we can continue to learn from one another and help each other. You ladies are wonderful. A big welcome to all the new amazing ladies that have joined. I am so glad to have found this thread. Our journey continues. Looking forward to getting some good news :) Love you all.

User Image

299 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 299 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,

I have some of the same issues little. My doctor has me taking the clomid days 3-7 and then a blood test on day 21. So far I have O'd on my first round and I'm not sure about my second yet as the blood test will be Monday. I am listening to other ladies and I feel like I should have more testing. I will be talking with my Doctor next week but I'm hesitant to ask because I don't want to give her the impression I'm second guessing her.

To all the ladies out there fighting those lovely symptoms of clomid I feel ya. I am the moodiest person and I go through all the moods within minutes. Other than that I get a big energy surge for some reason about 5 hours after taking it. I have been taking it in the moring but after reading you replies I will be switching to night.

Thanks to you all for you wisdom and the feeling that I'm not by myself on this journey.

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

12 years ago

Clomid was horrible at first then i switched to taking it before bed and i def feel better. I am also on metformin and im really hoping that this 9th month trying will be it for us. I havnt O'd yet but i will in a few days. i dont think ovulating is the issue just hoping this will help us get a boost. FOr reassurence the hubby was tested yesterday will hopefully hear today the results..... Good luck to all and baby dust

12 years ago

Morning Girlies,

Wow lots happening on here this morning!

For all the ladies that have been battling with hubby's lately. I think we all do that. TTC is so stressful and it come sout sometimes. Probably between us and our hubby as most of us aren't really telling many other people and have to vent - so it gets directed at hubby!

Nat - thank you for starting the new thread. We all love you too. Lets hope this thread brings a lot of BFP. We all deserve it! I am sorry that you are having a hard time finding a teaching job. Where do you live again? I am in BC, Canada and almost all of my friends are teachers. THey are all struggling to get and keep teaching jobs right now because of cut backs. I can't imagine how hard that must be!

Aloha - I hope your re-check is better. I O later on clomid too - CD19-21 so I am sure it is just that! I can't wait to hear how it goes Friday. It will be good news I am sure!

Ash - you are too funny. Getting your stock all ready! I am sorry you got a BFN but you know it is super early! Lets wait a couple more days and see what happens. I am really routing for you!!!

Beach - I am so sorry if AF is on her way. That sucks. I guess we will be cycle buddies this month. You are right though - at least it came later then last month. We have to celebrate the little things and use them as positives for the next month!

Monkey - I am so sorry that you are having sucha a hard time with your Dr. I thought that you working at the hospital would give you the inside edge! That is so annoying. I hope you get some better direction in the future. I don't think you are overreacting at all. I take mine in the morning and get hot flashes at night. I may try taking it at night this time cause we are going to be in new york and boston adn it is hot there! I would like to sleep through hot flashes in a air conditioned room rather then experience them in the day.

Carolyn - I don't temp, but maybe something else is throwing that off? If your Dr saw eggs adn you got a + opk I would believe them!

JLMARKS & rkeech - Welcome! THis is the best thread ever. I think this is about our 5th time starting a new thread because we have reached the max number of pages on the other ones. THis is a great group! Glad to have you here.

AFM - I am on CD2 today. AF came in full force. As it is my first regular cycle since my m/c it is even worse then normal. (this happened last time too). Oh well. I will pick up my clomid tonight and start that on Saturday. I am feeling good about this cycle and want to get preggers again so I can get on that projesterone and hopefully solve the problem of repeat miscarriages.

Love you all!

User Image

12 years ago

hi sisters!

Nat- love the title and you too! Your post yesterday made me tear up (in a completly good way!). I just love all you ladies so much and am so glad that ive gotten to know yall! I honestly dont know what i would do without yall! And yes we have to take good care of our bodies because that is part of taking good care of our babies. Besides they are the ones who will have to live in there for 9 months . praying for you Nat and hoping this is your month. Oh and dont be discouraged if you dont O until later in your cycle...I think that Aisha actually Od around CD 36 or something like that her first month off clomid and she got preggers!

Margret- Im so sorry AF showed up. hate her. I hope that this is your lucky month. Praying super hard for you dear!!!!

JL & rkeech- Welcome! I know i say this to everyone but this is honestly the best thread out there! I promis you wont find a better group of ladies. My name is Shea BTW.

Victoria- thinking of you!

Lisser- I hope things are getting a little better...Im still praying for you and your friend.

Carolyn- I have read somewhere that there can be up to a 3 day delay on temp spikes after O...I think i read it on either FF or POAS.com. If its not up tomorrow I would call the Dr. because you may need a trigger shot...praying this is not the case and sending you much love and hugs!

Ash- As soon a as i get a BFP i will start on progesterone cream because i have had 3 m/c and i believe i have a luteal phase defect. Its probably just a precautionary measure to try to prevent a m/c or help to lengthen your luteal phase so the egg has a better chance of implanting. Hope this helps.

Carol (littlemonkey)- Im glad you didnt take your clomid yesterday i think that drinking while taking them decreases absorbtion. As for you doctor, that is crazy. I get the run around like that all the time and its sooo frustrating. Your doctor should call you in for a scan and possibly blood tests to make sure everything is ok before putting you on another RX. anyways I didnt say all that to scare you or anything Im sure that since your in the medical feild you know all the warning signs if something is up. I took 3 rounds of soy isoflavones (natural clomid) w/o any scans or anything and actually got preggers one of those cycles but had a c/p. Praying for you sweetie!

Nancy- I was starting to wonder where you had went off too! Gald you popped back in!. Im sorry you are still trying to get over last weeks funk. Praying for you. Oh and i will probably do 2 cycles of BCP before trying again. It will be close to my Bday in Sept. before i come off of them. Im hopeing i get a nice birthday baby this year. When i got pregnant my first time it was the day of my Bday so fingers crossed!

Norms- Yea its kinda nice being on a break...Im having fun just focusing soley being healthy to trying again in September. Praying you get your BFP

Jess- Im thinking of you dear and praying things get better. Sending you and .

Aloha- Dont feel bad about crying at the dr.s office. The last time i went and they handed me a prescription for BCP for my PCOS i started crying and the nurse just looked at me with a blank stare and i told her "you dont kow what it feels like to have something wrong with you and not be able to fix it, I want kids more than anything in this world and yall are telling me i probably will never have them...of course im going to be upset". She just turned and walked out of the room lol. Of course your going to be upset dont feel bad about that at all...I hope friday goes much better. Praying for you

Rachel, Nbaby, Kraken- where are yall?! miss yall. Pop in and give us some updates. Sending each of you prayers and .

I Hope i havent missed anyone. If i did im soo soo sorry. Love all of yall!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Ladies im soooo very sorry my update is so long. Thank you for being patient and reading anyways. Love yall!

AFM- I started my organic diet yesterday and i have to say i really really like it! Im SLOWLY trying to cut out all red meats from my diet and then probably meats all together. I want to be the healthiest and fittest possible me for when ttc comes back around....I dont see a use in just sitting and being sad about this break, i see it as sorta a "home improvement" type deal .

Ladies its so hot aout here and DH and I were swimming in our little kiddie pool (which is actually bigger than it sounds) yesterday When he brought up his uncle and aunt who have never been able to have kids. And I told him that his aunt went for testing and everything was perfectly fine with her but his uncle refused to go get checked himself. THEN, just out of nowhere (because I have never even mentioned this to him) He offers to go get a SA. He said because he doesnt want me sad and depressed thinking that it was all my fault we couldnt have a baby and it be his fault. I thought that was soooo sweet of him because he hates doctors (as yall know from the "passing blood" thing). I just laughed and told him that we already know its my fault because he has gotten me pregnant 3 times. And he says "well i will still go get it done."

Sorry i was ramblng but i just want to know if yall think that we should go get him tested as well even though i have been preggers 2 times in the last 7 months...????

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Hi Shea, I think that is so sweet. My DH has offered the same but I told him to hold off. I agree also with your getting healthy. I was working on that the past couple months before I found out I would have to try clomid. Way to go. BTW I'm Jamie Lynn

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

12 years ago

The doctor actually asked DH (well i told DH the dr said) that he wanted him to do a SA the first round of clomid for me. Turns out I was the one broken! :(

I guess Im just confused on why if I havent got a BFP yet, why the dr wants me to start the gel. did he see something that he isnt telling me?

hope everyone is having a great day! :) half way through this week already!!!!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Ladies I feel crazy!!! I KNOW I got a positive smiley face on the digital opk on Sun...... well I told you my temp hadn't gone up yet; then I have kept testing every afternoon just to be sure.... and this afternoon ANOTHER positive smiley face!! What the ****???????? Seriously? What is up with me? What does this mean? I thought we were done bding but we are going to have to tonight now and probably tomorrow .... isn't that what you would do?

What are your ideas? Has anyone else ever gotten two positive opks within a few days and negatives between? This is three days now of negatives and another positive!

12 years ago

CJ - Ive never had this happen before. Ive got 4 days of + which was this cycle actually. I stopped taking the OPKs after the 4th day. Maybe your egg got to the gate on the first smiley but didnt make it out of the fence and now its ready to go. IDK. i hope this helps. I would def keep though -- just to make sure!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

I am going to reply to everyone later tonight. I have to leave for a family thing right now. Quick question. I think I ovulated yesterday. Is it normal for me to have positive opks the past three days?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo