Community post

Discussion

Our clomid journey...

This thread has gotten me through some of my most difficult days throughout TTC. I have learned so much from the amazing friends that I have met here, not only about TTC but about life itself. I hope that our sisterhood only expands and that we can continue to learn from one another and help each other. You ladies are wonderful. A big welcome to all the new amazing ladies that have joined. I am so glad to have found this thread. Our journey continues. Looking forward to getting some good news :) Love you all.

User Image

299 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 299 Replies | Last Page

Rachel- Any news on your opks? Did you take another one the next day?

Margaret- Hope AF stays away. Hope your day is going well. I cannot help but be jealous (in a good way) when I hear that a friend or family member is pregnant. Our turn will come. I have faith.

Victoria- Thinking about you.

Shea- I just want to tell you that emotionally, you have helped me so much and I am so glad you are here. Hope the break will help you. I hope that my break from clomid will help me as well. We do need to take care of ourselves and our bodies. It is important. Health always comes first.

Norms- You are so right about everything you said. That is exactly what dh tells me all the time. That our life is great, our marriage couldn't be better and that yes we want a baby so bad but that if it happens, it will be amazing and if it doesn't happen right now, we will still be happy together. I am so glad you and dh have some great things going on right now.

nbaby- I hope O is near .

JL- A big big welcome to you

Ash and Jess- Have been there too with dh. I definitely think that hormones are to blame sometimes. It is this whole TTC journey that puts pressure on our relationship sometimes. We have to keep in mind that it is not worth torturing ourselves and being miserable with our DHs sometimes. I know that my dh seems to be insensitive at times but he just deals with all this a different way. Jess, I hope that your talk goes well and Ash I hope that things are better now.

Cj- It is always good to have dh there to comfort you and make you feel better. Dh is always willing to do anything to put a smile on my face as well and I am very thankful for that. Happy TWW!!!

Kraken- I think that you are the one who had mentioned IVF. Do not lose hope. I hope that you get your before you even have to think about IVF.

Sorry if I have missed anyone. Did not mean to.

AFM: A little emotional today about not being able to find a teaching job. However, I am glad that dh gave me a hug and talked to me for a while. He always knows how to make me feel better. CD6 and taking it one day at a time for now.

s

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey everyone! It seems we are all on a (slight) rebound from our generally horrible weeks last week....sending all of you hugs, fingers crossed that things start looking up for us all!

Yesterday I went to the Drs for my follicle check u/s....supposed to be trying our 1st IUI cycle on 150mg of Clomid and 1500mg of Metformin (yaaay PCOS**sarcasm**). It was day 16 of my cycle and she didn't see a a dominant follicle....so I (OF COURSE) burst into tears in her office. I thought my symptoms on Clomid this month seemed to be lessening, but the hot flashes and the hormones (obviously!!) have returned. Seriously, I feel like I cry in her office every time I'm there lately!!!

I'm going in again on Friday for a re-scheck--I do tend to ovulate late (last cycle--day 27---that is a seriously geriatric egg), but I was hoping that it would happen a lot sooner this month with the increased dosage....thanks CJ with the reminder that Clomid can make some of us "o" later (and sending you good thoughts in your 2ww!)

If magic doesn't happen this month, we're moving on to Femara or to injectables (will find out more on Friday)....Norms, how has Femara been for you? Did you "o" on Clomid and Femara???

Sending you ladies the best baby jujus!!! Hang in there!

User Image Me-PCOS since 1997 DH-low morph 18% Off BCP since April 2010 Started Metformin (1500mg) April 2011 May 2011-Clomid 50mg--no ovulation, BFN June 2011-Clomid 100mg-late ovulation, BFP, chemical July 2011-Clomid 150mg-late ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN August 2011-Femara 5mg-ON TIME ovulation, IUI, BFN September 2011--Femara 5mg, ON TIME ovulation, B2B IUI, BFN October 2011-HSG Test--CLEAR!, no Meds.... November 2011-New RE December 2012-Clomid/Follistim/Trigger B2B IUI, BFN January....off due to big ol' cyst. BCP. Sonohystogram-clear! February 2012-Follistim (1 folli--grr!), Trigger, B2B IUIs, BFN March 2012-cyst. Grrr. On BCP for 10 days Coooome oooooon baby!!!!

12 years ago

love - i hope that you are able to find a teaching job soon!!

living - i understand what you mean about wanting to cry every time you go to the DRs.

so tomorrow im going to start the addiction of POAS this month. replenished my stock today. going to start with the dollar store cheapies first but also bought some answer (never used them before) and some FRER. I have one CBE digital left that I will ONLY use if I get a few positives. I hate wasting the digital ones!! lol

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

Hi sisters and welcome to another new thread!

I must apologize for disappearing after I wrote my very long-winded rant on Friday. Yep, some of us here (ME) are still getting over a funky mood. I've been moping a little bit too. I'm trying to not think about TTC so much but I can't seem to stop. My husband and I are really happy together. He's more like if a baby comes along, then great! But if not, "oh well." I'm trying my hardest to adopt that attitude but I have had so many relapses!

As far as my cycle goes, I'm sure the wicked witch is on her way. I'm 12DPO today but I saw light brown cm this morning... typical sign for me that she's on the way. I'm done being sad now but I'm also very happy that I'm not spotting as early as 10DPO like before.

Thanks for letting me talk about myself again, ladies!

Norms: Congrats on a new job! It must be so exciting. So Femara was not good? I'm thinking about trying it out...

Carolyn: welcome to the TWW! !

Nat: ! Finding a job in this economy is sooooo difficult. You dh is sounds so sweet & supportive!

Jess: A BIG ! Like Shea said, this too shall pass. when are you thinking of testing?

Shea: How are you doing? Glad you're sticking around. Going on bcp is on my list of options too. Do you think just one cycle on bcp is enough?

Aloha: I think that your doctor's office would completely understand that you're emotional. I hope that one of the eggies will mature soon!

Hi to everyone else. I'm really thinking of all of you, each and everyday. I've got a busy day today but I promise to write more to everyone later. Have a great one!

12 years ago

So if anyone is wondering what happened today with the Dr. it was not the best. Since i work in the hospital my OBGYN usually calls me to talk to me personally and today I had to talk with her nurse. First of all she said I had to have a negative pregancy test before i can start another round of meds. I already knew i wasn't preggers because I never o'd. Also I asked the nurse does the dr think I o'd and her answer was the dr isnt' sure. Next I called back and they said u aren't pregant you can start your clomid. I was so confused so I said can you please clear up that I am to stay this dosage and when i can start since I don't have a period. Finally when I got back to the desk there was a message saying you can start your 50 mg clomid (argghhh same dose) on the 3rd day of spotting (apparently that is my period). I guess im just not happy, i can't believe im just repeating something that didnt' work. She didnt' schedule any scans or anything. Am I overreacting?\

Anyway i guess that means I'm starting clomid tomorrow. Anyone know if its better to take it at night or in the morning?

To the girls fighting with the spouses about the pressures of bding....thats us too. So unfun. We all need to just hang in there.

User Image

12 years ago

Aloha-I have a friend who is 17 weeks from femara. I heard it does wonders for some. Just you only get one egg. Maybe its the trick for u. Also I think you get smaller dosages maybe 2,4,8?

User Image

12 years ago

littlemonkey- Sorry to hear that your day did not go so well and that the doctor is not doing anything differently. I don't understand why she didn't schedule a scan on CD3 before you start clomid again even if you are not pregnant. I mean I know that different doctors do things differently but my doc always does an ultrasound when AF is here to make sure that ovaries are clear and it is safe for me to start clomid. I am assuming that you were not able to ask the doctor why she is keeping you on the same dosage. On my second cycle of clomid, my doctor wanted to do a blood test, 7 days after positive opk to check my progesterone level which confirms if you have O'd or not. Is this your first cycle on clomid? I think that a progesterone level (blood test) is a good way to determine if you have O'd with the dosage you took. I hope that this was not too confusing. Do you mind if I ask what your name is? Sorry if you have already given your name and I missed it. I hope I was able to help. Oh and about what time of day it is best to take clomid. I always took it at night. 9:00 p.m. It worked for me. Did not really have hot flashes. I am assuming that I just slept through some symptoms.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I agree I think it is crazy that she isn't checking anything. Maybe because I didn't have any positive opks? That was my first cycle. I guess I'll take it tonight. I'm already off now on my cycle days. I took it last time on day 3 today will be day 4. Hopefully thats okay. I should have taken it last night but I had a drink and I didn't know if that was ok to mix them.

User Image

12 years ago

little - so sorry your going through this! as for taking clomid, i took it at night to lessen the symptoms. i hope you get some answers soon! better yet a !

AFM: today is 8dpo...and i caved! as aspected. going to test agin friday. ill be 10dpo then.

has anyone ever been given progesterine gel to take before getting pregnant? a little background on this situation:
Went to the DRs on CD 17- he said I o'd from the left side and my uterus looks ready for a fertilized egg. He told me to take a HPT in 5-6 days and said "it might not be positive yet but let me know" and then he wants me to start a progesterine gel in 5 -6 days bc "its for pregnant woman, I mean woman who are trying to get pregnant"...the way he talked made me think he seen something but didnt want to give me false hope. i was a little confused!

TTC #1 - Since 2010 BFP #1 on 11/22/11 (ended 12.13 ectopic) I'm a home cooking, OCD (at times) cleaning, NASCAR watching, Drag Race Loving, country living (being classy is over rated), stay at home, spending some months alone, 4 wheel riding, proud union carpenter wife & I wouldnt have it any other way! Follow my journey in life: http://mythoughtsmylifemywords.blogspot.com/

12 years ago

littlemonkey: I would be frustrated too!! I can't believe they aren't listening to your concerns.... I would want more concrete answers! I don't understand why they aren't checking more into seeing if you O'd and why your cycle (AF) didn't show officially yet......???? I also know that I wouldn't just want to take clomid just because without making sure of some things first because you can only take it so many cycles in a row and why waste it if you aren't even Oing???? Sorry for your struggles! I hope this cycle at least you get a more definate O and cycle start to ease your mind........

As for me: I am confused today!! I got a pos. opk (digital) on Sun afternoon.... on Mon. morning my dr. saw three happy eggs....BUT my temp has not risen yet???? Today it was the lowest it has been? Does that mean I didn't O yet? It would really suck if I didn't after seeing the eggs there on Mon.! Does your temp drop the day you O? Could I be Oing today? What do you ladies think?

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo