Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! I'm 3 dpo today and trying not to overanalyze every little possible symptom, but, of course that isn't working too well. I keep trying to find excuses for the possible symptoms I'm feeling - I'm super tired, but I've been staying up too late, I'm feeling gassy, but I've eaten a lot of hard-boiled eggs the past few days, etc. Maybe this will be our lucky cycle... the symptom ticker in my signature says the most common symptom for 3 dpo is mild cramping & pressure, and I am feeling that - but am I overanalyzing again? I don't plan on poas until the end of next weekend/middle of the following week - I'd rather have AF be overdue, rather than just a day or two late like it has been the past few months. I still have the 3 hpts from a couple months ago with AF let me get my hopes up. Good luck & baby dust to all!!!

10 years ago

Hi ladies, I figured I'd join your convo. My hubby and I are currently ttc baby #1 as well. Have been trying since jan when I went off bcp. I've only had 2 periods since then and this last one was induced by provera. It's frustrating that my cycle isnt regular because even though we are trying it feels like we don't really have a shot until my cycles regulate. I just started taking vitamin b6 because i read that it can regulate cycles. anyone tried b6? Also since my periods arent regular, when do you think I should start testing? I had some ewcm and watery cm for about 5 days straight so I'm not sure when I ovulated. I used some cheapy opks that my cousin had left over which were expired so I'm not counting on those. good luck to everyone!! ;)

10 years ago

hey, Iv been ttc since March hoping this is the month :) im 5DPO had cramping on my right side 2day.... was deff implantation....or my mind playing tricks on me :) will take a HPT in aweek and untill then try not to get tooooo excited!!! best of luck ladies please keep updating :)

10 years ago

Hi Bubba- I have been trying for March too. Fingers and toes crossed that this is everyone's month. I just want to know already. I did take an HPT tonight, but the chances of the test being correct are between 51-69%. I used a dollar tree test and was only granted one line. Boo! I don't feel all that sad about it. The earliest AF is due is 6.23, so perhaps my BFN will very soon turn into a BFP.

I don't know why, but I still have a good feeling about this month. I think just because I still haven't spotted. *IF* I spot, then I know I will be out. My spotting lasts longer than AF. Red is not the color I want to see anytime soon!

I'm ready to join all the other ladies on here who have gotten their BFPs and are progressing in their pregnancies. One girl I use to talk to from this site religiously got her BFP on my second cycle trying. She is almost in her second trimester already. Another girl I talked to a lot is now six weeks. I'm sick of being left in the dust.

I'm already thinking of the nursery, teaching the baby sign language and just being a mother. I know I am ready for it, I really don't understand why it hasn't happened yet. Baby names are picked out. I'm ready for the fun stuff to begin.

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

Ashleylauren, I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I'm sooo ready for this! I sometimes get mad because its completely out of my control. I feel so helpless sometimes. I bought some ultra sensitive 10 miU tests from baby hopes website so I will probably start testing early (like 8dpo). Hoping the are reliable. My coworker and I started ttc the same month and she just announced she is 12 weeks pregnant! I'm so happy for her but it makes me sad at the same time. Trying to stay optimistic though. From the beginning of the cycle I have felt pretty good about this go round. And I still feel hopeful. Just trying not to let myself get too hopeful. It's very hard! I will start testing tomorrow! Very anxious!

Warm welcome to all the new ladies! This forum is definitely expanding! Keep us updated! Good luck to everyone!!! Baby dust to all :))

10 years ago

Hi Ladies - Decided to jump in the conversation. We were married in September and have been TTC since April. According to the Clearblue Easy Digital test I was peak starting yesterday morning (does anyone else use these?) so we did the BD last night and plan on it tonight as well. I'm feeling frustrated. I know we are early in the TTC journey, but if I hear one more person tell me they are pregnant and "GASP" AFTER THE FIRST TRY!! I'm going to scream or cry. :) Are you ladies charting your temps? Although I have not been 100% at it, I have been doing it for the last 3 months and feel like I get no clear shift which makes me worried I am not ovulating! My doc said if we weren't pregnant by August that we can start running to tests to make sure everything is working, as it should be. :) I'm 32 and my husband is 38 so we are both very ready to start our family. I'm also frustrated because according to the digital tests my "peak" days have been very different in my cycles. The first month it was like day 13 and the second month it wasn't until Day 21 and 22 and then this month it was back to day 12. But my periods have been regular. My thought is if my O day varies, shouldn't AF? Anyone have thoughts on this. And all those people who are like "don't worry about it, just let it happen" are clearly the ones who didn't have to even worry about charting or ovulation kits. Right?! Anyway - nice to see some ladies going through a similar experience. Look forward to going through this journey together!!
Jodie

10 years ago

Hey Writergirl- Welcome to our thread! I love all the new ladies joining on this thread! I've never seen so much action on it! Just to recap my story....

I have been married since June 2012, TTC since March 2013. My husband and I are both 30. We live in Florida, and we are opening a craft beer bar hopefully in August. (We originally thought we would be open in April lol.)

I have been charting since April, and it has given me the peace of mind of ovulation, and I have definitely gotten to know my body a lot better by doing it. I never temp at the same time, but it still works for me. I'll look at your charts if you like. I did the OPKs one month, and I HATED them. I got two positives around five days apart. It made me frustrated more than anything else. In my opinion, why spend the money when you don't have to? As long as you ovulate and BD, really nothing is necessary. BUT, of course, to increase our chances of conception!

Writergirl- I'm definitely not an expert, but it does sound weird to O that many days apart from one cycle to the next. However, as long as your luteal phase is long enough, you should be fine. It does sound like AF would vary, but it doesn't necessarily need to if everything else is in line.

As for me, I feel like I'm counting down the seconds in this TWW. Today marks CD24/10DPO. My chart is still looking good, and more importantly, no sign of AF yet. I am so scared of spotting, I check my CM a few times a day lately. I want this cycle to be mine so badly. It is my last one to have my baby before my 31st birthday, and more importantly, me and my baby's birthday would be days apart.

10 years ago

Thanks AshleyLauren! I took another OPK test today and there was nothing, so IF it is accurate and I am ovulating, I guess it would have happened yesterday?! I can tell nothing from my temps. I added my chart to my page so you should be able to see it now. I'm just very fearful I am not ovulating..and I know if that is the case there are things that can be done, I just hate to keep wasting time and not knowing for sure. I've been checking my CM and I feel like I never get the "clear", like yesterday it was stretchy but still white! (TMI?!) :)

Wishing you lots of luck and that this cycle will be your cycle!!

10 years ago

@WriterGirl- Your EWCM doesn't necessarily need to be clear. As long as it's stretchy, you are good to go! White sounds good! After all, it is called eggWHITEcervicalmucus!

I am going crazy, and I need to branch to a source. Today, I am 11DPO with AF due in possibly 2-4 days. There is STILL no sign of spotting. Like I've mentioned before, I ALWAYS spot before AF. Could I be pregnant, or could this be the result of something else?

The changes for me this month are including baby Aspirin into my regimen and I started working out 10 days ago. I've also been eating healthy as well.

Things that make me think I may be pregnant: nausea this morning (just a bit sick to my stomach), weird cramping last night,& hot flashes (lol but it is super hot here).

I'm honestly too scared to take a test today. I want to hold on to the hope I still have.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo