Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies! Hferriera, welcome to the group! Everyone is so nice and we are all very supportive!
As for me....unfortunately I tested the next day after what I thought was a BFP and got a bfn! All my tests since then have been bfn. Idk what happened bc the line appeared within the time limit. Must have been indent or something. I have been feeling pretty down about it. What a cruel joke! Anyways, I'm 12 dpo. Expecting AF in two days so I'm out for this month :( I guess I will get to hang out with you girls for a little while longer!

Reneee, that is so funny about you trying to secretively fix your window! Haha! Good luck with that! I say we just forget about this month and get ready to make a baby next month! It will be cycle 5 for me ttc and I'm ready! It can be so frustrating sometimes though! Keep me updated!

Ashleylauren- good luck during your tww! May you be blessed with patience! That's exactly what I've been needing! Let us know how it's going :)

11 years ago

@Abennett- I'm so sorry to hear that! But, you aren't completely out until AF. I know you said you have gotten BFNs, but you also had a BFP. There is still a chance. What brand of HPT are you using?

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

11 years ago

Thanks ashleylauren! I have been using dollar store brand and some Internet cheapies from earlypregnancytests.com. I haven't wanted to buy the better ones til a have a definite positive on the others. Oh well. I guess we'll see.

11 years ago

Oh yikes,I bought internet cheapies too for this cycle. I spent way too much last month on testing (although I started at 5DPO). Good luck! Everyday you are one day closer to meeting your baby! It will happen soon for all of us! I haven't been on this sight very long & have encountered a good amount who caught the egg. We will too! :)

11 years ago

Thanks girl! I sure hope so!! We are all in this together! :))

11 years ago

Oh dear Abennett, are u telling me the test tricked u again? what a horror, especially after last cycle i am so sorry, cos i was here confirming ur BFP even b4 u did cos i was so overjoyed for u. Lets hope this new cycle is the one, so we can all get our New yrs gift. i also use the cheapies bcos it saves money n i can use as much as i want , Here in Norway a 2 pk booths hpt is like 300kr almost 50 dollars, i have my digital ready for the BIG DAY.

@Ashley, ur cycle has been a handfull for u , it reminds me of this cycle when i didnt o until CD 50, hopefully urs isnt as complicated as mine was. wishing u the very best. we are going to Rhodos this time, this is my first time in Greece, only been to the spanish islands ibiza in my youth to party and Grand Canaria like 3yrs ago with good friends. will be good with some sun and de stress.

In other news i woke up to cramping and knew AF will roar her head tonite or early morning, true to my prediction too, the witch has started her show a few mins ago spotting. i fixed the car too, just to have my piece of mind, we got this whos the "best driver" thing going on here, so a lil cheating n covering up was well needed. i have also sent a resignation letter at work, i work the night shift as a nurse and its not condusive for ttcing n my hormones, so i got myself a new job n with this job, i will only work days and evenings , but i have a 3 month resignation period, so i start my new job in july HURRAYYY!
Baby dust ladies, n hav a lovely weekend

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

11 years ago

Reneee, congrats on getting a new job! Maybe that will do the trick. I am also a nurse working night shift! So I know exactly what you mean. It is so hard to plan around ovulation and other things while working nights bc my husband works days. We can't get it together! By the way, that 2 pk is very expensive! I think I would definitely have to use the cheapies then. I'm gonna order another brand this time and see If they are less confusing than the ones this month. So, I heard of ppl using soft cups for ttc. I wonder of they work. Might try them this next month. I am expecting AF tomorrow sometime. I am already having some cramps and I feel it coming. I'm starting to hate her! Haha. Sorry to hear that yours has already came. Have fun in Greece by the way!!

Ashleylauren and emeraldrainbow.....can't wait for y'all to start testing!!

11 years ago

hello Abennett, if ure going to order more strips, then i pray u dont get a bad batch this time. uve been through enough rollercoasters. Please do read the consumer reviews before u order them. i didnt know u were a nurse Abennett, no wonder we clicked so well, working the nightshift isnt good for ttc esp when ur man like mine works dayshift, its really tiring. i pray Florence Nightingale calls the souls of our babies to all of us. i want my reward here on earth,and thats a baby hehehehe.

i read all the positive reviews about the soft cups so i also bought them. i got the Instead soft sup reuseables and the instructions are well discribed on it. i found that squatting worked best for me. i just pinch the middle togetter into an 8 and slowly put it in to cover the cervix, u dont feel anything there, it was amazing. When i want to remove it, i squat, hook my index finger to the hem and slowly pull it out. i wash it with a neutral ph soap and store in a clean case for next use. i think u will find what works for u as soon as u get yours. we arent travelling until middle of may, so until then, am still here snooping around.

Baby dust ladies, happy weekend. ............

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

11 years ago

Reneee, thank you for the info on the soft cups. I've decided to give them a try this month. I'm on CD 4. Got to order another batch of Internet cheapies (diff brand this month). Anyways, just checking in. What else are you doing to help with the baby making process?? I feel like I need to do more. I'm just on prenatal vitamins. I'm using Opk's and gonna try soft cups this month. But that's pretty much it. Any tips would be helpful :)))

11 years ago

@ABennett- I would recommend Pre-Seed with the Soft Cups. GL! I want to see more of us with our BFPs!

I am 7DPO (FF changed my O date to the previous day). I don't really have symptoms besides very mild cramps randomly day to day and yellow CM yesterday. However, I refuse to be a symptom tracker! We are just too different!

Any updates, ladies?

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo