Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 323 Replies | Last Page

hello welcome to the group pumpkin, my advice to u is to try and take things easy through the process. some women take just 1 cycle to get pregnant, others take as long as a yr , so do not stress each other as u begin this process.

Abennett, good ure also getting help. i will surely reasearch this pregnitude and see if its something for me. thanks for sharing.
am CD 54 goin on 55 soon n still no AF, but am just taking things cool. pray they find out wats going on and help u too Abennett.
Dear Ashley, i hope ure also hanging in there and spicing things up like i know u do hehehehhe.
Babydust every1

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

10 years ago

Hi ladies and welcome Rachel!

My advice would be to mix it up to keep TTC interesting. Be up for things you may never have imagined doing before like using Soft Cups or the Diva Cup (that you can actually use in place of tampons during your cycle as well since it is just one that you reuse) and maybe take your temperature on a daily basis. Things that once seemed odd may help your chances and in the very least, probably won't hurt unless it starts stressing you out.

You are already changing things in your life because that love is starting to grow. It is crazy but true. I hope it is a very short journey for you. As each month passes, keep faith your time is coming. If OPKs don't work one cycle, try charting your BBT. Research supplements, try out Pre-Seed or another sperm-friendly lubricant, spice up your sex life. As much as it sucks approaching a new cycle, make it is interesting as you can.

As for me, I haven't had much to report lately. This was my first month in a few months that I decided not to chart my BBT. We only had sex three times, but it was every other day which we haven't done before, so my fingers are crossed. I'm CD25 day (maybe 9-10 DPO) and my only symptom is my face has broken out. I don't have the best skin to begin with, but it is usually under control. That is currently not the case. Apparently, it can be a sign of a BFP coming my way, but I will not worry about it. I will not be testing unless I am late (or think I am since my cycles vary by a few days).

It is still interesting to me, however, that the reading I had done a couple months ago predicted my BFP THIS month. AF is due July 27th, so we shall see.

We need to start getting more BFPs in this forum! Our time needs to be soon if not now! I'm hoping by this time next year to have a three month baby in my arms.

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

To AshleyLauren - Thank You for your encouraging words! Your approach is very positive and hope-giving :)
Im currently in the same stage like you 9dpo, and eventhough something tells me Im out this cycle, Im still trying to hold on the hope until its AF time. And Your words are certainly of help!
I was just wondering, in the end of your post you mention that something that you read predicted your pregnancy for this month..can I ask what kind of reading you had in mind?

Hopeful,

Kat

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Kat,

I am trying my hardest to stay very hopeful! I was at my yearly doctor's appointment in March at an ob/gyn and she was not worried in the least of me conceiving somewhat quickly. She told me she wouldn't be surprised if she saw me back in her office in six months' time. However, I wasn't very thrilled with her and think she just didn't want to be bothered with my questions and concerns.

If I don't get my BFP at the end of this week, I will be approaching my sixth cycle. I have a TTC-related appointment with a new doctor on the 29th of July. I am so excited for that and hope to begin testing to see what's going on in my body as well as my husband's. We never really speak TTC together much, but tonight he told me he is down for IUI/IVF in the near future if need be which makes me feel a lot better. He also told me he had a dream last night that I told him I was pregnant. That is awesome, but a few months ago I had a pregnancy dream of my own and nothing.

As for my reading, I was in three Facebook TTC groups and one psychic in particular was used quite often in one of the groups. Her success rate seemed not super convincing just from the other ladies exchanging their readings and what actually happened, but it was inexpensive. I paid $5 through Paypal, and I had my reading in 72 hours via FB chat. She only asked for my pregnancy history and birthday. I don't know how you can channel through FB chat, but if she is right, that would make me so happy. If not, I think it was a fun use of $5. If any of you are interested, her name is SunfairyChriste. She has an official website as well. A friend I have made on CTP used her, and her prediction was right. She also had a reading by a woman who goes by Cheri22 who you could search for on FB and apparently her reading matched the other one which is pretty neat.

I feel like I have been counting the minutes this TWW and am glad I am one day closer to the end of cycle number five. And now comes the part where I worry about spotting and log my findings into the spotting chart on this site. I have been spotting less, (use to be 5 days of spotting before AF, now is 2-3) but it still scares me at the end of my cycle wondering if I will see the pink on the toilet paper or the pink in a second line.

Keep me posted, Kat. I'd love it if we shared great news with each other along with the other girls.

Faith, hope and baby dust xo :)

10 years ago

AshleyLauren - That sounds very interesting! I hope the psychic was right about you conceiving your baby this month :)
Did she also tell you the gender? (I wonder just because I went to her web pages, and it says its a part of this 5$ package).
Im actually considering of trying it myself now :p
This is my 7th cycle TTC, and I had 2 chemicals in this time. So Im starting to think there is smth wrong..and Im scared.
It would be nice if this lady could give me some insight into whats happening..Does she do that, or she strictly just tells you the time frame and the gender without discussing anything else?

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks! I hope she is right too. For $5, she told me predictions of my first two babies, both boys and when I'll get my BFP/deliver them. I asked if I'd have more than 2, and apparently I needed to pay more for the next package up. I included the reading below:

SunfairyChrise Psychic Medium Psychic Readings Mystical Shop

Thanks love. I am hearing a boy with a find out with a positive test or conceive this JULY OR give birth/expected due date of JULY of 2014. I heard the number/s 4 and or 3 connected to that pregnancy somehow. This can be connected to Ovulation, when you conceived, date of birth for baby, expected due date, babies weight, etc. I than heard a boy with a find out with a positive test or conceive FEB of 2016 OR give birth./expected due date of FEB of 2017. I heard the number/s 7 and or 22 connected to that pregnancy somehow. This can be connected to Ovulation, when you conceived, date of birth for baby, expected due date, babies weight, etc all my love and baby dust. please keep me updated i also have more detailed readings with and without conception jewelry HUGS
11:23pm
Ashley

thank you so much. so guaranteed only two boys?
12:11am
SunfairyChrise Psychic Medium Psychic Readings Mystical Shop

Your very welcome hon. BIG HUGS this i only did level up if you want o know more about more children than its more sweetie xoxo

*I think it was worth it just for peace of mind. Good luck to you! I'm excited to see what she says! :)

10 years ago

Hi Ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining in on this group. It's super helpful to have some support! Ashely-doesnt it feel good to hear someone predict specifics? I went to a psychic while on my 2nd honeymoon in February and she told me that 2013 would be my year!! Its been a struggle ladies :( after years of trying on our own, we were referred and non stop have been on medications (pill and injections) and now this is my first cycle actually ovulating!!

I am 8DPO and CD26... not many symptoms that are loud and clear, but they are driving me nuts because I am looking deep into them I'm sure... soar breats and underarms, bloating, gas, constipation, and anxiety likes its nobody's business lol

any advice on what is a serious symptom and what is just the wind blowing just right? lol

10 years ago

Ok me and DH have been dtd every day since i got off my period and on cycle day 12 i had a positive opk so now i suppose its time for the waiting game :) Baby Dust to us all!!!! How is everyone? Can i get some updates from some of yall i love reading your posts :D

10 years ago

Hello Pumpkin!
Good luck with bd, and loads of baby dust :)
Sadly, this month turned out to not be the one for me again..Today AF came. This marks the beginning of 8th cycle of TTC. 2 chemicals behind me..and God only knows what is in the future. Trying to stay positive tho!

Hoping this is the your month Pumpkin :)

User Image

10 years ago

Hi ladies! Some of you know, but since I have been part of this forum since I joined CTP in March, I wanted to announce my good news here as well.

I am pregnant! We found out two days ago on a Clear Blue Digital. I've been using the Walmart cheapies to show my progression of hcG. I have my doctor's appointment set for Monday which was originally just to chat about my TTC journey thus far. Funny how things work out! I guess my husband's dream was right along with the prediction I received in May. Not only that, but my MIL said she was thinking about us being pregnant this morning while she was making her bed.

We have told our parents. The mothers are beyond excited. They both mentioned buying baby clothes already. I get to tell my twin brother tomorrow. He is the last of my immediate family to know.

As for my symptoms, they were very few and if I wasn't TTC, I wouldn't have thought of them as pregnancy symptoms. However, here they are: acne breakout, gassy, lethargic, and insatiable appetite. I was pretty much getting hungry again about 20-30 minutes after eating.

Details about this month- It was our 5th cycle, I stopped charting (I charted April-June), Pre-Seed, Diva Cup, BD every other day (first time doing that) and 3 times during fertile period, laid down after BD for approximately 30 minutes, prenatal/baby aspirin/vitamin E (daily), vitamin E (daily for husband-apparently helps with sperm somehow), dressed up for every BD session (the more arousal, the better).

I got my first BFP around midnight technically on 7.26.13. It was with the Walmart First Signal test. The test was so, so faint but the camera picked it up and it got a lot of positive votes on here. I wasn't convinced with that test, however. At 9am, I took a digital and "pregnant" was obviously enough to do the trick! I took two more on 7.27.13 to be super sure, and will take another Walmart First Signal tomorrow morning for a progression check.

CTP has been great during this journey that involves almost every emotion. It has been great talking to amazing women on here, and I am so thankful I stumbled across this website five months ago. Lots of luck and baby dust to you! Thanks for all the concern and support.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo