Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone :)

Like everyone else here im ttc my first child. My husband and i officially started to try this past month (September 2013). My doctor said i should be pregnant within the next 6 months and to "enjoy" the process .... how can i keep myself from going crazy over getting pregnant? I really hope it happens soon :)

10 years ago

welcome Cinderella,

its very hard not to become obsessed but do try and enjoy the time too.

i have a question for everyone. im on my TWW and 11DPO. AF is due in 2 days so im going crazy. ive had a couple of symptoms like sore throat (but could be a cold), slight twinges in my stomach, an emotional wreck, slight spotting and terrible intergestion.
i decided to do a test this morning firt thing and i can see a very faint line. im not sure if im just talking myself into this line or if it is really there. obviously i am still early days and not sure if i just want the line so much that i can see it. me and my DH dont want to get excited in case its negative. please have a look on the test page and let me know if you can see a line??

10 years ago

Mammycool-

It is 3:36am where I live, and I was laying down with the computer quickly visiting CTP before putting my computer away for the night. I read some journal entries, got a notification about a forum reply & came across your entry. I checked out your picture, and I definitely see a second line! I tried communicating via CTP chat, but it seems unreliable per usual. In case you didn't see it, I saw a line for sure. I have never taken those tests, so I hope that is for sure 100% a BFP.

Fingers crossed this is it for you. Okay, so you captured my attention as well because I am 16DPO and am probably out because i have spotted for three days (a mix of brown and red). I had a sore throat this morning & again as of about an hour ago. It is noticeably annoying. I haven't tested. I figured the spotting = AF is coming. For me, usually it is. I should know within 12 hours either way and I'm pretty sure I'll be :( instead of :). However, I am intrigued and happy for your symptoms and your hopefully great news.

Keep us posted! FX! <3

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

thank you Ashley Lauren i hope it is. i dont want to get my hopes up just incase. i tried the internet test and got a BFN so will test again in the morning just to make sure. do you think i should make an appointment with my GP?

i had spotting for the last few days so you never know you may still be in. any other symptoms?

keep me updated hunny
xxx

10 years ago

I wouldn't make a doctor's appointment until you get a few BFPs. When I got my BFP in July, my doctor gave me a cheapie HPT. I could have done that myself! Until about six weeks, you can't see much anyway. At five weeks, you can see the uterine wall thickening, but that is about it so early in the game. Six weeks you should be able to hear a heartbeat. Beta can be drawn early on and of course taken at least twice to ensure doubling, but personally, I would secure it with some HPTs first! With that being said, your insurance may not cover maternity so early on. That is what I ran into because a 5 week check up "isn't routine" & checking for a pregnancy "isn't necessary" and for my particular coverage, wasn't covered. Know your info before you run to the doctor.

Hope you get BFP after BFP.

Symptoms for me? Eh, not really. I was PMSing the other day...quite bitchy and sensitive. Sore throat. Spotting. Think that's it. I'd bet $$$$ AF will be here within hours :*(

10 years ago

ahsley - thanks for the advice its a great help. i live in UK so dont have to worry about insurance etc but will leave it until next week before i go see the GP. I am going to test again for the next 2/3 mornings to see if the line gets darker. thanks again.

Keep me updated on AF hunny
xxx

10 years ago

Hi everyone just wanted to thank you for your support over the last few months. i can finally confirm that i got lots of over the weekend. im still in early stages of course but your forum has been a great help in the process. thank you to everyone of you who have helped, given me advice and most of all support.

i wish you all luck in your future BD!
love mammycool
xxx

10 years ago

Sooo happy for u Mammacool n Fingers , happy n healthy 9 months to u and goodluck to all u other ladies. miss u my dear Abennett and Ashley. hope ure both well as I am .
Nothing to update here. we have our next fertility appointment November ending n that's just to track the 1 cyst that was discovered. have a lovely weekend

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

10 years ago

Hey ladies! So sorry I was MIA for a month or so. I was honestly a little annoyed. A bunch of ladies joined our forum, were with us for a month or two, got their BFPs and pretty much said, see ya later!

I needed to distance myself for a little while. I felt like we offered them advice and when we were no longer of service, they left.

Okay, I feel better now. Just needed a quick rant!

Update time:
I am currently in my 9th month of TTC and hoping this is my month. I am only 5DPO, have no symptoms, but I am staying hopeful. My good TTC friend got me a fertility bracelet awhile back, and it broke the other night. I'm praying that is good luck! I am planning on holding out as long as I can to test, but I would love to find out soon. In five days is my friend's bridal shower that I am hosting. I would like to know whether or not I can think at it or not. I will only be 10DPO on that day. However, I also ovulated a day earlier than I usually do, so maybe early implantation! ;) That would be sweet.

I am staying as hopeful as possible, but I will kinda be devastated if it does not happen for me before this year is over. I really thought I would be rockin' a bump by now. What is meant to be, will be. Hope this month is my fate.

How are you ladies doing? We need to keep this forum going! We were on such a roll pretty much since March.

Miss you! xo

10 years ago

Hey ashleylauren!! Long time no talk! I've had to distance my self from it as well. Ive went through a rough patch the last couple of months and couldn't come on here and talk about it. I'm currently in my 11th cycle of ttc and I started taking clomid this month. I'm on a low dose at 50 mg and taking it cd 5-9. I am 2 dpo and so far, I haven't had many problems from it besides mood swings and hot flashes. hopefully it will be worth it in the end! I also talked to a pregnancy reading person via Facebook after I heard you did it. She told me she saw November as the month to conceive, find out, or give birth in. I'm hoping its one of the first two!! She also saw me having a boy and thought it was wise to go ahead and start the clomid. I'm not reading to much into it bc I don't really believe in that kind of stuff but did it for fun. I do hope she's right though!
I hope you are doing well and hopefully you will get your BFP again soon! I will probably test a little early too bc I'm curious if the clomid will work. I'm not really expecting much on the first round though. Keep me posted!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo