Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well. With the holidays its been difficult to get time to on the forum.
I'm cd34 today and this cycle the fertomid made me o late, cd22 to ge exact.still haven't gotten a positive test. My last test was yesterday morning and im just trying to keep my head up. That as long as af has not shown im still in. Most of my symptoms are gone now all the cramps etc all I have now is headaches :( im testing again on Thursday but if thats negative and af doesnt show then I'l go to my GP for blood test.

Me(29) DH(31) Stopped BCP(Yasmin) 05/13, 1st time TTC Using vitex to regulate ovulation User Image

10 years ago

I feel like a ball of emotions right now...

as for the RE appointment from the beginning of the month, he gave me some of my hope back. Everything looked great as for pre-o. He performed an ultrasound and my uterus looked good, plenty of eggs, dominant follicle, etc. I couldn't get my post-o blood work drawn because I was out of the country.

That brings us to today, CD25/10DPO. I was starting to get the slightest bit of hope despite the lack of symptoms. Really, I got nothing. I have some odd feelings in the uterus, but I seem to get those monthly. I had a bit of hope because I start checking my cervix around this time for red/brown blood. I didn't have any earlier, and when I checked later in the day, low and behold...there it was. A tiny bit, but it is still early.

It cannot be IB every month. I just start getting blood around my cervix around this time of my cycle, and the inevitable spotting will commence shortly.

Now I get to begin my days of being upset, angry, feeling sorry for myself, asking "why me?" & so forth. My next cycle is the year mark when it is over. It will be a year for me in this ttc journey.

I will very soon make the 15% statistic of women who don't get pregnant within a year. I do consider myself in that category despite getting pregnant in July. It felt like a fluke, and I didn't get any answers or lab work. I just don't know. I thought I would find myself pregnant soon after the loss, and there is just as much time from the beginning of my journey to the loss as there is to the loss to present day.

I know stressing makes things worse, but I am feeling so impatient today with this process. I'd just like to know when I will conceive, so I can relax a bit. In hindsight, it would have been crazy having a newborn now with me & my husband's business opening next month. I get that. However, I just don't know why now isn't right either. I'm thinking it might not even happen until the business is up and running. I'm not even stressed right now. The whole thing feels surreal, and I think it will until right before we open.

I just don't know. All my TTC friends either already have their babies or are pregnant pretty much. There is one straggler whom I have kept in contact with since April.

I can't believe I have almost been on this forum a year. So many women have come and gone. A handful of us are still fighting the good fight. I pray for all of us regardless of time that our time is soon.

I just hope the doctor can help us because I have tried so many things already:
preseed, softcups, diva cup, opks, bbt, fertility reading, clomid, prenatals for a year, sex daily, sex every other day, fertility prayer, change in diet, vitamin e supplements, ovuline, etc.

I know it is random, but that is my TTC year in that grouping of words. I'm sure I forgot a few tactics. I feel like I knew this would be a trying journey from the get go. I remember researching soy iso thinking maybe I needed it. Although I don't think I need that in particular, I think I may need something.

I'm hoping it is just a quick fix due to a slightly out of whack hormonal imbalance. I hope to find out next month. I'd go in around Valentine's Day to get blood drawn. We started trying when I was 29, and it is looking like I'll be 31 and still TTC. My birthday is in early March, and I really am not counting on fantastic news before than in the baby department.

The time lost does nothing for me now but provide me with more information and forced patience upon me. I'm going to try to just go month-to-month without stressing so much on how many months I've been trying to become a mom-to-be. Although there is not a miracle growing inside of me, I am still a mom-to-be...the EDD just isn't determined at this time.

Baby for me- TBD

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

Hi AshleyLauren, im very happy to hear that the RE appointment went well. Its great to hear that evrything looks good. It has been a trying time for you, just hang in there a little longer, your blessing is there and you will be given your baby. The toughest thing to hear is all in God's time, but it is true because maybe this month just needed to be for kicking off your New business.(congrats for the New business)

Its also good that you are going to try take it month by month without stressing. Im praying that it will only be 1 more month for you & we'l be here to help you through that month. @ least the new business can be a distraction for you. Will definately be praying for you so that we move on from ttc

So after my long cycle, I decided to go to the Dr on Friday which was cd37. I got a blood test done & wasn't actually given my results til today. So seemingly at 11pm on Friday af decided to show up which ofcourse led me to the realisation that I was not having a September baby. Af has proceeded to be erratic and very light and I was supposed to start fertomid today, however I could not find it in any of the pharmacy's. They are all out and say its out of stock as the supplier is missing an ingredient.

After spending over 2hours driving around on Saturday looking for it I decided this month i'm going natural & using vitex. Im hopeful that vitex will balance out whatever left over hormones are still out of whack & make me o on time. Might also take maca powder to help it along. So I have started my vitex and now the wait for o has started already. I wish I could skip the wait to o & skip th tww and just get on wit it and be pregnant. Im praying very hard that this is the last month of ttc and that God blesses us with twins.

Dh thinks I am stressing about getting pregnant & told me off about it. Says he is not putting me under pressure so who is putting me under pressure. I might do opk's this month but dh wont be happy to see me poas again.

Me(29) DH(31) Stopped BCP(Yasmin) 05/13, 1st time TTC Using vitex to regulate ovulation User Image

10 years ago

Hi everyone!! It's been a while!

Ashleylauren, I watched your last youtube video. Did AF ever come Friday??

I am supposed to start this Friday. Hoping for the best! Probably gonna test in the morning so y'all might see an image on my profile if it's questionable. Ugh I hope it's our month!! If not, I will be getting a laparoscopy and hsg done next week. Then maybe we will get some answers. This was my 3rd round of clomid. Maybe third times a charm!! Haha.

Hope everyone is doing good and staying strong in your ttc journey!

10 years ago

Abennett, how is the tww treating you?do you have any symptoms. Im praying that af doesnt show up for you. Fingers crossed

Im currently CD 12 with a few dull ovary pains here & there which im hoping turn into full ovulation pain soon so that I can o and start the tww. Very excited about this cycle :)

AshleyLauren, did af show up?

10 years ago

Well it's been a while ladies! Hope everyone's journeys are going good!
Ashleylauren-congrats to you!!!! So happy that you are pregnant again!!

I actually have some big news myself!! I'm expecting!!! After 14 months of trying, 5 rounds of clomid, and an hsg test I am finally pregnant for the first time!!! My husband and I cried like babies when I told him. We have wanted and prayed for this sooo long now! And it's finally our time. Praying that this baby sticks! I am 4 wks and 3 days. So very early, and I know a lot can happen but I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I'm crossing my fingers for you ladies!! Sending lots of baby dust your way!

10 years ago

@Abennett- I had to jump on here the moment I got the notification. OMG! Congratulations!!!! <3 I am so happy for you!! In the early stages of pregnancy, just keep reminding yourself to take it a day at a time & each day the likelihood of a successful pregnancy increases. :) :)

Thank you as well. I am indeed pregnant. I forgot to post it on here, and I just read my last post here. It was kinda heartbreaking, and I had given up hope on conceiving until April or so. I guess that is what happens sometimes! You let your guard down and know what happens next! ;)

It took us 12 months. The month we conceived was quite busy, so I was easily distracted from TTC despite having our RE appointment & blood draws. Funny because we got the "bad" news that my husband's SA was less than stellar when I was already pregnant and didn't know it yet. Like they say, it only takes one. It is hard, but you need to keep the faith even when things are looking bleak and it seems everyone around you is pregnant except yourself.

You never know how long all those ladies with bumps tried before they were blessed. I am so thankful for my time spent on CTP & check back often. To those of you that have touched my life in some way, thank you so much. Support is something that you can never have enough of during the TTC journey.

<3 I am 9 weeks 3 days today and pray that I meet a healthy baby in October. <3

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

Congratulations Abennett and AshleyLauren!!! I am so excited for both of you!!!!

10 years ago

OMG abennet congratulations i'm so happy for you every time I check this forum it been long time but guys I allways remember u all hope everyone is doing well and has got BFP and Ashley congrats I saw u in Facebook the first time u got BFP I congrated u there.
I'm pregnant as well I'm 5 week and 4 days pregnant my due date is November 28th all the other ladies who got there BFP congrats and baby dust thinking of you all xx

10 years ago

Congrats hazel444!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! Our dreams are coming true :)
Happy and healthy 9 months!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo