Community post

Discussion

First time TTC; going crazy!

View Full Post

Hello all, I have found this site while going crazy during this two week wait. I am inexperienced with symptoms and waiting and what to expect...I would appreciate anyone's advice...

My LMP was 2/11, I'm sure I ovulated between 2/25-2/27...I began with breast heaviness & soreness on 2/28 which is unusual for me to start with that early before AF. And it as continued - still sore boobs/swollen. I have noticed I've been a little more tired; requiring a nap the other day and going to bed earlier. And finally, on 9 or 10 DPO, (yesterday) I started with some dull lower abd cramping/pressure on & off all day... I have tested the last couple days because I am so impatient!!!! And obviously BFN... I know it is too early... Does it sound like I may have a chance?? Maybe I'm making up these symptoms?? AF is due 3/11... and I'm thankful for working 12 hour shifts the next couple days to distract myself! Please advise!!!

323 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

271 - 280 of 323 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies. Hope my fellow Americans had a great Thanksgiving!

Reneee- Congrats on your expanding family! I'm glad you are staying busy with Christmas and your wedding around the corner. Thanks for always being so sweet. It has been great having you on this forum with me since the beginning. I can't wait to hear the news when you are a mom-to-be.

ABennett- Hope the Clomid worked. I really would love to see an amazing update from you on your next post. Hoping Thanksgiving didn't give you a different surprise like it did for me!

JHawkins- Welcome to the forum! That was sweet to read all of our messages. There have been so many women to come and go. I really hope we can all leave this forum soon. TTC is rough at times, but obviously the end reward will be worth it. <3

As for me, AF came on Thanksgiving. She is about to leave, so I am pretty excited about that. Today marks CD5. I know that is super early, but time is passing quickly. After more research, I decided to take Clomid CD3-7. Apparently there are higher odds of conception those days rather than 5-9. I'm doing 50mg and hoping these pills are magical for me. Tomorrow will be my 3rd day. I take them at night, so I haven't had any symptoms yet at least. I leave in 4 days to visit my sister in CA. I get home right as I'm approaching my fertile window. Good timing thank goodness! Hopefully this cycle doesn't throw any crazy curveballs leading me to ovulate before I get home. I think I'll be okay though. I'll be home CD12.

If it is meant to be, it will be my month anyway. I'm done thinking about signs and things working out perfectly one way or another. I am trying to relax a bit this cycle. No charting, no OPKS, and I'm not even going to use the fertility monitor my friend gave me.

Either I am going into 2014 pregnant or not...being stressed about it is not going to make the last month of the year an enjoyable one.

Baby dust, ladies. Boat loads of baby dust.

User Image Ashley&Bryan 6.1.12

10 years ago

Hi ladies,
@Reneee congrats on your engagement, wedding planning will definitely help distract you.
@AshleyLauren hopefully this is the month for you,
@ABennett hoping to hear good news about the test soon.
@JHawkins welcome to the forum, I know what you mean about reading the whole forum I also went through that and afterwards I knew I found the right place for me. My husband also thinks i'm overthinking this whole process.

So ladies, I decided to add something new to the list of supplements i'm taking. I went out and got some maca powder, hopefully this will make a difference fingers crossed. I started taking it on Friday and I take 1,5 teaspoons twice a day. I do have to say though that maca is an acquired taste. I've tried it wit juice, in cereal, in hot chocolate.. & it Wasn't going so well. So now I take it in milk or water. Theres no hope of getting my husband onto the powder as he will not b able to tolerate that taste so I might have to get capsules for him. But I think i'l give it a month for me to see the results. On the flip side I felt cramps for a brief period over the weekend that were like ovulation cramps.... But not so sure, so i'm trying to maintain BD'ing every 2days In the hopes that I can catch an egg somewhere.

Praying that we all go into 2014 with good news, quite excited for us

Me(29) DH(31) Stopped BCP(Yasmin) 05/13, 1st time TTC Using vitex to regulate ovulation User Image

10 years ago

Ashleylauren...so sorry to hear about AF coming! Hopefully the clomid will do the trick for you. I'm also on 50 mg but taking mine days 5-9 just bc that's what the doc said. But honestly I wouldn't mind moving mine up a day or two either. The only problems I had with clomid came a few days after my last pill. I was very emotional and had mild hot flashes. Other than that it was great. Good luck to you! Something has GOT to happen with us soon!!!

Mandlovu.... Maybe the maca powder will work for you. Husband and I tried that in pill form a few months ago but had to quit taking it bc we were biting each other's heads off! We would literally snap at anything. It was crazy. But maybe it won't have that effect on you. Hoping for good results!

As for me, my tests have been negative up until 12 dpo. I haven't tested anymore since then. I am 15 dpo now. AF was due yesterday. I had some spotting. I just couldn't count it as starting cuz there was no flow. I am expecting to start today. Definitely depressed about it. I guess that means I'm onto 11 months of ttc and my 2nd round of clomid. Something's gotta give!!

10 years ago

Hi, I'm curious, I know your post is from last year, but did you end up being pregnant? I just found myself in the same situation now, going crazy!

10 years ago

Good morning ladies!

@Reneee- Wedding planning is such a great distraction. Are you guys going on a honeymoon? You would be so relaxed it could be the perfect time to enjoy each other and maybe conceive!

@Ashleylauren- I am sorry to hear about AF. Treat yourself to a massage, get all dolled up and go out on the town with your husband. (I know it is impossible to have a day without thinking or talking about pregnancy when you want it this bad). I know several couples who had a very hard time then just threw caution to the wind and became pregnant very soon after. You are right, if it is meant to be it will happen.

@ABennett- Sorry to hear about your spotting and possibly AF. I am hoping month 11 is it for you.

Here is to hoping we all get little Christmas miracles!

As for me, this was the first month I have had noticeable changes in my cm which leads me to believe that I may have Oed on cd21. That very well could have been some of the reason for not having success in previous months. That would make me 2dpo. Keeping my fingers crossed.

[baby_dust] [baby_dust] [baby_dust] [baby_dust]

10 years ago

My husband and I have been married for almost three years. We have always talked about having children and we believe now's the time, we're ready. This will be our first month of trying.

10 years ago

Welcome to the group mrsmunchie! Good luck on your first month of trying.

10 years ago

Hi ladies,

Abennett: has af shown up yet?

Welcome myfirstbaby1 and mrsmunchie[good_luck]

Myfirstbaby1 what have you been trying and how long have you been trying for?

JHawkins @ least now you know when your o date is :) unfortunately I never really have such luck with being irregular I just wait for what I think are the o pains.

I finally found some white hot chocolate that masks the taste of maca so i'm quite excited. I'm developing a rash though so I just need to pinpoint whats causing it as i've added a few things the last 2weeks.namely fertility blend, maca and a new brand of omega 3. I'm thinkin I should cut my maca intake to 1tsp a day(was taking 1 in the morning & 1 in the evening) and also cutting the omega 3 to 1 a day as well from 2(im convinced its the omega 3 as I had the beginning of a rash before I started maca). Will let you know how it goes. DH is trying to push me to see a Dr for the rash but i'm pretty sure its 1 of the new intro's.

Me(29) DH(31) Stopped BCP(Yasmin) 05/13, 1st time TTC Using vitex to regulate ovulation User Image

10 years ago

hi all. i am new to this topic and am also trying to conceive baby number 1. we have been trying for 6months now. it took me a while to figure out my cycles and when i ovulated. started using opks for few cycles but then i was turning into a crazy woman, getting obsessed with doing the deed and stressing out which really wasnt helping and sex became a chore!! so this month i have not used any 0pks and have had baby making sex on days 12, 14, 16 and 18 and i think i ovulated day 18 or 19. and i was so not stressed or obsessed this month as it was really taking its toll on me and my hubby so hopefully i have covered enough days!!! please let me know!!!

10 years ago

Welcome kimmicorsa ! I was pretty much in the same boat as you. It will drive you insane. Good luck this cycle! I hope you get your bfp!

I am still having consistent morning nose bleeds and tons of cramping. I am terrified to sneeze now. The nose bleeds are terrible. It stinks that I am not quite sure when to expect AF so I have no idea when I would be late or should test. I guess I will just pick a random day a week or so from now.

Due to some recent developments if we did not conceive this month we are going to take a break from trying until next spring/summer. We already had a babymoon planned for February going to Thailand but we just found out my husband's company is taking us to Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Czech, and Hungary) for 2-3 weeks in April. That just seems like a lot travel to be pregnant. Maybe we will start trying again while we are in Europe. I am going to be 24 in January and although my husband is almost 31, we still feel like we have plenty of time.

I will stay active on here. I want to see everyone's positive outcome. I will also let you guys know what my situation is. Good luck ladies!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo