Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Joanie- im trying to wait till at least the 1st to test that will be 5 days before AF is supposed to arrive. and i am so sorry about your m/c but hopefully you will get some wondrful news !!!

expecting- i am keeping my fingers crossed that your temp will go back up hopefully the house was why it dipped. i think we all deserve a whole crap load of BFPs this cycle .

rachel- a break from FB sounds like a good idea i think i might even take a sabbatical from it. and hopefully you will be one of those lucky few who do come back from a trip pg

kitten- if i didnt have only 1 HPT i would be testing already and im only 5 or 6 dpo...but i took an OPK instead it was a BFN also

Aisha- i have done the same thing and bought some clothes a little too big hoping i would be pg...and i think i might try that...so far the only symptoms ive seen is DH throwing up last night and he is deffinatly not pg if he was id be rich by now!!!

new confession: while i was shopping for all my pg friends' baby shower gifts (which is torturous) i kept a girl pacifier set and a boy outfit for myself....its pathetic, i know, and i feel like an idot for doing it but they were so cute and somehow it made me feel a little better...i dont know why it made me feel better it just did...

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

New confession... I'm getting a little nervous again. That time of the month is either coming or it's not coming.. almost testing time. I've just been feeling so down guys =\ before TTC with my boyfriend, I was fine with his kids, I love them.. and I was ok with him talking to his ex wife pretty much everyday with stuff dealing with the kids. I just can't kick these emotions lately. Like what if. I never get pregnant and although I love his kids like they were my own, their not.. And could I deal with not having my own and still try to feel apart of the family... But I want to feel that bond with someone, I want to feel life inside me and go thru it all. I know this seems horrible, and some of u have been trying for so much longer, this is my 3 rd cycle ... But I can't shake it. I think it's all the stress I'm pitting on myself and not feeling good enough cuz I can't get pregnant. He's 35 has been married and has 3 kids.. I'm 25 this should be easy.. All I want is a family, while my friends want to be free and do whatever, yet they fall pregnant. Ugh î?? sorry just had to vent an I knew this thread could relate.. He would never understand any of this... thanks for listening and understanding hearts!!

13 years ago

LoL, joanie! Don't worry you keeping a small baby boy and baby girl item is NOT at all weird! I have my entire nursery already set up (graunted I had a m/c and then dh and I decided together that we would continue to shop for generic baby items because we WILL have a family one day even if it means adoption) but I still have a TON on non-generic stuff... some dh knows about some he doesn! Haha!
I tend to buy some things bigger, so if I dont have a boy then I can save it for this friends baby, and if i dont have a girl, I'll save it for this one!! Hahaha!! I"m nuts, I know!!

I have even made the arguement to myself that (only if it's size 3mos or smaller) if it doesnt get warn by a baby I'll give it to my neice for her dolls!! Bahahahahaha!! Seriously I need to get my bfp already!!!

Ok, so I have decided if I dont get my bfp this cycle i am dragging my bff out for some serious drinking and dancing! time to hit the clubs!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Joanie, I know it's hard and I've felt how you must be feeling... but please be positive! You keep saying "I can't get pregnant". You've only been ttc 3 cycles. Don't keep saying these things for fear of self-fulfilling prophecy. Chin up! Be relaxed and positive and do healthy (emotionally as well as physically) things for your body and your future baby...

BABY DUST!

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Quick question ladies I BD tonight and it hurt!! Felt like sharp pains an his penis hitting what I believe ro be my cervix. I'm 10 dpo is this normal ? What can this mean??
I've been emotional, had vivid dreams, back ache, some acne and now this pain during and after sex. Boyfriend says my cervix feels lower

13 years ago

Big hugs to all the girls here. We are all walking a different walk, but there is that common thread of IF.

My 65th cycle, and first IUI is coming to a close. Spot has found me tonight. I'm focusing on the good...the bottle of wine I can drink and the laser hair removal appointment I can go to.

My confession...I almost never poas, but this time I poas from 6dpiui until this morning. Safe to say I've become an addict. Thank goodness for $ stores, lol!

Onwards and upwards from here. I'll be taking clomid this time around too, with the hope that more targets will help my DH's poor little swimmers.

Those of you with ov issues...check out the link I posted about NSAIDs and ovulation. I'm convinced it's true. I had a positive opk on cd 12, but af is going to be a day late, meaning I ov'd two days after the positive opk. I unknowingly took advil on cd12 for a headache. I think it delayed the rupture by 24 hours.

Good Luck to everyone. You will all become mothers one way or another. Keep that thought in mind and keep on keepin' on!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Shea- I sleep with newborn undershirts under my pillow!!!!

Joy- YOU ARE GETTING YOUR BFP!

Joanie- Even though you haven't been ttc for "that" long, I really feel for you. When your partner already has children it just puts a different type of pressure on you that most people can't understand. Like you, I love my stepson SO much, but that love just makes me want to have one of my own so much more because I want to be able to love a person like that from the moment their heart starts beating in my womb.

Lisserb- Sorry I forgot your name! And I'm sorry you started spotting! Cheapie hpts are totally the way to go though I did see you post on NSAIDs! So interesting! I have generally avoided all meds since ttc anyway "just in case" but I did have to take some strong NSAIDs about a month ago for a few days because I subluxed my right shoulder and torn some ligaments and tendons in my rotator cuff. But I was on the witch at the time so I hope that didn't effect me. My problems with ovulation come from hormone imbalances. My prolactin is too high. I "milk" myself on a daily basis to keep my bras from getting damp when I'm around babies

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all that in the US it's National Infertility Awareness week and is focused on busting the myths surrounding infertility! Yay for getting some attention to this problem!!!

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Aisha,

My name is Melissa, but people call me Lisser IRL too. Very interesting about the prolactin. Just a thought, but have you tried cabbage leaves in your bra instead of hand expressing? I wonder if the hand expressing is stimulating more production of prolactin? Cabbage leaves are known to dry up breast milk.

I also found a connection online between flaxseed oil and hormones, in that they can naturally balance estrogen and progesterone. I've started taking it just last week to see if it will help out a mid cycle spotting issue I've had for years.

So many issues a woman's body can have, it's a wonder anyone ever gets preggo, nevermind by accident!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

Good morning ladies!

Aisha & Joanie- i understand how yall are feeling. i know yall havent been ttc as long as i have but i really do beleive the hardest part of my ttc journey was the first few months...mainly because the dissapointment was so new but after time i became a little more numb to the pain and got adjusted to my body being a faliure (not saying yalls bodies are faliures just giving yall my story)

but i have a good story yall might like to hear. one of my friends was ttc for 4 months and she was getting very upset that she had not get pregnant yet and she kept trying just as hard as she was before and she got pregnant on her 5th month trying so yall dont give up or get down! its still early in the game for yall

Lisser - thank you for all your wierd yet helpful information...how do you find out about all that stuff and also thank you for being such a positive person it really helps me to lift my head up.

and joy- i dont blame you about going out! i was going to go out last weekend but i ovulated so i stayed home and BD instead! but if i dont get a BFP (which im not getting my hopes up that i will) im going out with my BFF and we are going to paint the town red!!!!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Shea,

Thanks. :)

Like you said, after awhile you become numb to it, so it's easier to not let it get you down. After 7+ combined years of trying, I have a very "que sera, sera" outlook. I will have another child, whether or not I succeed in becoming preggo. For me, there is no point in becoming stressed or depressed, I'm doing what I can about it, and the rest is beyond my control.

It can be easy for the veterans to think the newbies (less than 1 year TTC) are being dramatic, "I'm never going to get pregnant, it's been 3 months!!!", when truthfully I think that it's almost harder to process then, because the realization that there could be a problem is setting in without the knowledge of why.

Most of my information comes from Dr. Google. I research a lot. I find links that lead me to more links that cause me to stumble on other symptoms and causes, etc. In all my looking over the last 5 years for causes of mid-cycle spotting, I never found the flaxseed oil-hormone connection. I have you guys to thank for that, because I was looking up something for symptoms mentioned here that led me to it and the NSAID studies.

I'm coming to realize that there is no such thing as "unexplained infertility". I think that is the "catch-all" phrase RE's hand out when the basic tests come back normal, and they start to see $$ signs for treatments. If each issue was researched to determine how to fix the cause instead of the symptoms, who knows what would happen.

We were told in our first go round that IVF was our only shot. We would never, ever conceive otherwise. But we did. Naturally. It can happen.

Have faith. Believe. Think positive. Educate yourselves. Don't be afraid to tell your Dr. what you expect. Look into natural remedies. Have an end point and a back up plan. And don't forget to live your life right now. Like whoever said if she can't be pg, she might as well be sexy, I say good for you! That's the way to do it!

As always, good luck girls! I want to see every one of you get a BFP!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo