Community post

Discussion

Bicornuate Uterus

Hi ladies,

I just found out that I have a bicornuate uterus so my risk of miscarriage if I'm lucky enough to conceive is very high as is the risk of preterm delivery.

I'm wondering if there are any other ladies out there who have a bicornuate uterus and have had successful, healthy pregnancies/babies.

I just found out today and I could really use some encouragement. Right now I'm a mess.

User Image User Image User Image

6 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I am sooo sorry pookerdooks!!! i am pulling for you and keeping you in my thoughts!!! I don't know anything about this however, but I just wanted you to know that I believe in optimism and encouragement and think that you shouldn't give up hope....... I know it is difficult to find a stumbling block but believe that there are ways around it and / or through it to what you want in the end!

Hugging you right ...... now......

13 years ago

Aisha, I found a website where women are talking about their stories of TTC/pregnancy with a bicornuate uterus. Follow this link:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Maternal--Child/Bicornuate-Uterus/show/158468

13 years ago

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's so hard. I don't have any words of wisdom to awful, but I have plenty of prayers for you going up.

User Image I want a !!! User Image

13 years ago

Thank you all so much for your love and support. It's so upsetting to get this kind of news especially when you are alone. And Josie, thank you for finding that link for me. Hearing the success stories of others calms me.

Sometimes having medical knowledge makes things worse. Ignorance is bliss. In our training we are taught to consider worse case scenarios first and then try to rule those out.

I just hope I get more information soon regarding how severe my case is. This is a condition where depending on the severity you can have no problems at all or be completely infertile

13 years ago • Post starter

Dr's too believe I have a bicornurate uterus, and while I have no success stories, just sad and painful ones, know that I feel your pain. Every month that AF pays a visit I curse, I get angry, depressed and angry. But know that it is nothing you have done. I was supposed to go for testing to determine if I have bicornurate or septated uterus, which is almost similar, only that a septated uterus can be repaired. If you like I can give you my email and we can chat back and forth. I have been ttc for 2 and a bit years now and have experienced 2 miscarriages. I hope this is not the same story for you, but wish that you will find the answers that no Dr wishes to give to me.

Best of luck with everything, and I am praying for both of us.

13 years ago

Thanks Samantha. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat. I'm going to personal message you

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo