Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Kitten - get your guy on some male vitamins, the sooner the better. My dh takes fertilaid for men. He doesn't take it as regularly as he should, but I believeit does have an affect. His SA went from 1% normal morphology (shape) to 3% normal. His count went from 30 million to 70 million, from 62% non- motile to 45% non-motile.

Its worth a try!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

sending prayers up for everyone to relax and be stress free about this!! I know I need it. I was so confident in all my symptoms this cycle. But i'm 13dpo and i'm gonna test this weekend I just feel like AF is coming =(.. I checked this morning and my cervix is pretty high, kinda firm and EWCM. still feeling emotional, boobs sore when I touch them, back ache, acne. I tested at 11 dpo BFN but that was early..

13 years ago

lisserb - I am so glad you just said that... My fertilaid just came in the mail today!!! thank you for that info@!

Ladies, this thread feels really right for me! Joy, thank you for telling me about it...

we go through so much... glad I am not alone...

13 years ago

Hi ladies!! I had the hsg today...... I have to say it was painful for me for a few moments while the dye was injected; but it was over pretty quickly. I still have bad cramps and I am bleeding and leaking fluid! YUCK! But they said that will be for about 24 hours. My dh came from work and drove me home:) I am resting now and taking more ibuprofen and just kindof feel sore and yucky overall. But the radiologist said there were no blockages, no polyps, no abnormal shapes, and my tubes were free and clear! he said everything looked good! So hopefully my results will get back to my obgyn next week and I can start clomid next month. I O this month next week so I am hoping that this will jumpstart my body into a bfp this month!!! That would be great! So overall it was worth going through. But I would recommend those still getting it to get the day off from work if possible and expect bleeding and leaking for the rest of the day. Stay home and rest and take ibuprofen the rest of the day! Hopefully it will be over tommorrow! Thanks for the support ladies!

I really hope we all get our bfp's soon!

13 years ago

cjp- I responded on your other thread, but I think you were gone by the time I posted.

I'm glad your tubes were clear. Rumor has it the conception odds increase for about three months after an HSG, so fingers crossed for you this cycle!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

That's great news Cjp! I'm sorry it hurt, but that is really great that everything was clear. I start Clomid soon too, maybe we can be Clomid buddies!

I have a confession for today. I went and visited a couple that are really good friends with my parents and they have two daughters that I grew up with. One of their daughters has a little girl who suffers from a seizure disorder and she is mentally handicapped because of it. She is 2 years old and is as sweet and cute as she can be. Her mother drops her off with the grandmother every couple of months for about a week and she is always saying that she doesn't want her and that she wants to give her up for adoption. As I was holding this precious little girl and was hearing the things that her own mother says about her I got so angry because I would be so happy just to have a child and I would love them regardless of what handicap they might have. I wanted so badly to take her home and give her the love and care that she needs and deserves. DH says I am crazy because that child is going to need so much specialized care and I know I can't adopt her, but I really wanted to.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

I have been watching this thread for a while and finally have decided to join. Some of you already know me. I am Lisa. I am 30 and dh is 35. We havfe been ttc for 6 months and I am currently 8dpo of a 25 day cycle. I had bloodwork done on Wednesday, an ultrasound scheduled Monday, at which time we wll drop off the SA and we are awaiting insurance approval for the HSG.

I can't lie, I have gotten to the point where I avoid going to stores (and in public in general) because I cry when I see baby things and I don't want to look like a loony toon walking around a store by myself crying. I fight tears when I hear one of my friends is pregnant and I secretly get resentful and angry. I have not hung out with my best friend on ages because being around her baby makes me want to cry. I want NOTHING to do with anyone's baby right now. I don't want to hold them, play with them, see them NOTHING. I want to throw something at the tv when I even see an advertisement for some talk show about "who's my baby daddy" or ads for that BS they call "Teen Mom." I cry a lot lately, nearly everyday. It is weird because I have always been such a strong person who very rarely cried, but here I am reduced to this. Hubby has no children of his own and I am convinced he will resent me and eventually leave me if I can't give him children.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Well at 13 dpo I took two pregnancy test today and got a faint BFP I can't believe it I'm so happy !!! I'm sending baby dust to all of you.. Ur all in my prayers and I thank you for all the kind words and prayers and most of a understanding. Much much love to u all !!

13 years ago

Welcome Lisa! I get mad at shows like Teen Mom too! It makes me so mad that those girls are blessed with children that they have no business raising. I do really admire the teen girls that have the strength to place their children for adoption though. You are in the right place. I think anyone experiencing trouble while TTC gets a little loony.

Congrats Joanie! That is awesome news. It gives me hope that maybe it will happen for me too.

Maybe having the dream about the BFP was a sign! I had a dream that I had a BFP last night and in my dream my husband didn't believe it. Of course, I can't really be pregnant considering that I have no sign of ovulation this month. Only wishful thinking...

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

Jamie - I am glad you feel like this is the right place for you right now We're glad to have you!

Lisa - Aw hun, I am sorry you've been so emotional. I know what you mean though! One of the shows I watch religiously hits a little close to home sometimes (One Tree Hill) they have had so much "baby" stuff on there right now, and even have a girl on there that cant have children Seriously I need to stop watching that show! A little over a year ago when my Grandfather passed away the same thing was on the show! It was eerie... I was watching the episode when my dad called me to tell me the news. and now with the baby everything... its nuts! I HATE all the commercials for those stupid tv shows like "teen Mom" and all the diaper adds etc... and going shopping or to restaurants... babies are everywhere!! So you are definitely not alone!

rachel - That is so frustrating!

Carolyn - Glad your apt went well!

joanie -

Nothing new with me... on cd2, how boring. And to top off my horrible mood i have had a serious migrane for the past 2 days

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo