Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 288 Replies | Last Page

that was a great blog!!!! EVERYTHING in it is totally true pooker. confession for the day today. I work at a hair salon so many of you know that i work will majority women,so yesterday a co worker came in with her 2 yr old daughter(daycare bailed on her) so she had no choice but to bring her into work, now don't get me wrong she was the cutest most well behaved little girl i have ever seen and she was a trooper hanging on for 7 hrs while mom had to work. my pissed off part is there is another co-worker who knows i have not been on bc for over a yr and all day kept saying Aww I want a baby,or kept telling me i should have one!!!! Well duh you idiot,you don't think I haven't been trying , its all she ever says I want a baby,you should have one.... God people have some frigging common sense,you don;t think that hurts and seriously if you want a baby go have one just don't keep talking to me about it ok!!!!! It's very hard for me to keep my mouth shut but man are people dumb when it comes to other peoples feelings....

13 years ago

Nikidoll- oh goodness! To have a friend get pregnant on the pill while you are struggling is just awful! Welcome to the confessions page.

Aroma- ugg that kind of stuff is just soooo annoying. I think people mean well but are clueless.

New confession- I have a body that my friends are jealous of, yet I look at it and all I can see somedays is failure. It's like have a really pretty, wide screen TV that won't turn on- useless.

13 years ago • Post starter

New Confession- I can't even begin to explain the depth of the rage I feel when someone mentions abortion....

13 years ago • Post starter

Aisha - right there with you on the abortion thing! How infuriating!

My confession for the day... I have been avoiding my preggo friend that is due any day now... I really cant stand listening to her bitch about how she just wants the baby out and she's so sick of being preggo.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Ok I am feeling absolutely horrible about myself. I got a text message in the middle of the night last night saying my preggo friend was at the hospital in labour and it just crushed me It actually made me feel physically ill! I couldnt get back to sleep and just kept tossing and turning until around 6am when I finally dozed back to sleep for a couple hrs. (God only knows if my temp this morning is actually accurate!)

I really an so happy for my friend, and I cant wait to meet the baby, but it just hurts so much to think that that should be me in about a week. I cant even describe how much I am hurting right now, and of course dh is oblivious. I am sure we'll be going to the hospital to visit them either today or tomorrow and I know it is just going to kill me. It's been over 7 months since the m/c and I would only be looking forward if she hadnt gotten pg at the same time as me... now its like a constant reminder that somehow she was more deserving that me.

So not only do I feel horribly jealous/envious or whatever you want to call it, but then on top of that I feel even more horrible for feeling that way and not being able to JUST be happy for them. I am a horrible human being!

...bad day...bad, BAD day!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

you are not horrible expecting you are just human... we all feel that way at some point.... i got am e-mail from a friend who i have not talk to in about a yr,she is 32 and lived in a colony,anyways she met a man and ran away from the colony last yr.he is 53 and they got married and live in alberta somewhere,so anyways guess what she is due june 15th this yr,only 3 months of being with hubby and bam she is pregnant!!!!!!. he thought he was too old to make babies,but guess what... im truly happy for her and the way things have turned out for her,but GREAT another person in my life who is pregnant and its not ME,when will this ever stop....

13 years ago

aroma - thanks hun :) I think I really needed to hear that! I really am excited to go meet the baby, it just hurts so much. I am in the same boat as you with SO many people around me getting/being pg... not fun.

Hopefully we get out bfp's soon!

13 years ago

I love babies!!!! and its like i toture myself by looking at everyone of them,you know its like the car wreck you don't want to see but can't help but look. i have t minus 3 days till i see my gp cuz im going to demand progesterone... my periods were 18 days apart and i know its due to the low progesterone as 2 blood tests have come back with that result. im praying he gives me something and im praying it works. im so tired of all of this and am hanging on by a thread.. its soo hard expecting,i get it..

13 years ago

aromatherapy: I really hope they listen and help you with the progesterone.... especially if your blood tests proved it!! What is thier hangup?? I hate it when dr. don't listen or are too passive about medical issues that are a big deal to you the patient...

Ok- new confession- It bothers me sometimes when I see people ttc for #4 or something and are complaining how frustrating it is and difficult I can't even get preg. with 1 yet.........

13 years ago

Aroma - I know what you mean! I guarentee when I go to the hospital later today that I will be surrounded by babies and will be looking at all of them! And I will probably end up whining to dh about "I want one! Why dont I get one?"
I really hope you get your way with your doc so you can get back on track with ttc... doctors just dont get how much this means to us, to them it's just another day at work, but this is our lives they screw with when they wont give us what we need. Very frustrating!

Carolyn - I agree! Tho I am sure it is difficult for those women who are ttc also it really frustrates me to think they are theying for a FOURTH kid and I dont even get ONE!

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo