Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies! Confession!!! I was driving home from work today and saw a mom deer with 2 baby deer - I was jealous. I thought "I wish I was a mommy too!" How ridiculous is that????

User Image

13 years ago

I totally get feeling jealous of the deer! I would too! LOL!

I was at my nephews soccer game today surrounded my moms kids and babies... had a lot of fun, but I swear my ovaried just started aching!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

It is so funny that you mentioned being jealous of a deer! I have been having really strange dreams lately and I had one a couple of nights ago where I tried to steal a baby calf from it's mother because I wanted to raise it! How crazy is that?

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

I have two Mexican ladies in my team and they are praying and then rubbing their hands together and rubbing my belly every night at work trying to "get me pregnant." My nonna (Italian grandma) waas what the called in Italy a "strega della cucina" a kitchen witch. She made a lot of medicines (where I got my natural healing knack from) and also did strange rituals to bring on a desired effect. I would venture to call them spells, actually. If she were still alive, she would probably be outside picking various things to make a terrible-tasting tea for me to drink, haha.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Today's confession - my best friend had a baby girl in December, and I am honored to be her god-mother. I love her dearly, but I don't spend the time with her that I should because everytime I'm with her, it's a reminder of what I've been trying so hard to have for so long. And her parents weren't trying (and didn't plan to ever have children). I feel like it's a no-win for me - I feel guilty when I don't spend enough time with her, but I also feel guilty for feeling miserable when I do spend time with her. Ugh

User Image 03/02/2012 IUI #1 BFN 03/30/2012 IUI #2 BFP! - Chemical Pregnancy

13 years ago

I just found out today one of the superintendents in the plant is pregnat AGAIN. I went to high school with both her and her husband. I like the girl, but don't talk to her much because she is management and I don't want anything to be misconstrued. Her daughter is not even a year old yet and she is 4-5 months pregnant with their second. When one of my friends told me, I almost started crying. I wanted nothing more than to go over to her department and yell at her for flaunting her bump all over the place.

I FINALLY got my HSG scheduled, but I don't know when it will be because I missed the call and by the time I could call back, the office was closed and they are closed tomorrow because he is in surgery. I SOOOOO hope it is next week so I don't have to wait much longer. We have not gotten results of the SA yet and waiting for this damn HSG, I am really on edge. I am so scared something else will come back bad. I am a real downer since I got my dx of PCOS, I am sorry, but I feel as if we will never have a baby at this point. It is as if there can't just be one thing wrong, it always ends up being a million things wrong. I will say, I started the low GI diet and no dairy on Saturday and I have lost 5 pounds already. I am sure I am just losing bloat, but I will take small victories at this point. When diet and exercise has not worked to get rid of this weight I gained out of nowhere for a year and now I know what is wrong and what actually works, i am doing ok.

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Hi ladies,

moconnor & joy - it's not that strange I get that feeling sometimes when I am out in the country and you see a horse with her foals it makes your heart ache ut we will get to be mum's.

niki - don't feel guilty about not spending a lot of ttime with your god-child, it is not an easy thing to do when all you want is one of your own

lisa - I totally understand were your coming from about your superintendant, been there with a girl I worked with she was in an unstable relationship, drank heavily, smoked like a chimney and got pregnant, she flaunted it like she was the only one who could I hated her for that. PCOS is not the end I have known about mine for 6 years but I must admit I don't have a lot of the characteristics of PCOS, I tried the low GI diet but I hated it so instead I workout for an hour at least every other day, eat sensibly but not a strict diet and I use herbs to regulate my cycle. So don't give up, my bff had pcos and 2 ruptured cysts and is a mum of 2 it can happen it just takes time sweet.

AFM - I am in limbo no AF and 2 negative pregnancy tests, I am trying to hold ioff til sunday before i test again I just can't handle the disappointment right now.

xXx Yasmine xXx User Image User Image User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

13 years ago

ADVICE PLEASE: so we know my outcome right.if not i have hydrosalpinx so only route is to have tubes removed and do ivf,which i cannot afford. so here is the thing do i stay with dh or do i leave... for me it hurst so bad to see him with his kids knowing i will never have any,i get jealous every single time he buys things for his kids or spends time with them! I am going to hate every mothers day ,fathers day,and birthday that rolls around. don't want to be around dh right now because i hate him and resent him for having kids and i know that isn't his fault but i cannot help how i feel. if i stay i must endure being around the kids which just reminds me of what i can't have.. i will tell you now that i will never get over all this if i am with him because it will always be around me. it will be a very ugly split as all he has sown through this is anger,telling me that im just bailing when times get rough and i feeli like he is guilting me to stay as things would definatley be harder for him financially as we split the bills right now. and i don't want to stay out of guilt because i will hate myself and him for as long as i stay... help me and throw some advice my way please..

13 years ago

I feel you ...just wanted to add my frustration at a sister-in-law and a sister-in-law's sister who both didn't want children and got pg.

Funny how when we were in our 20s we were scared to death and thought we could get pg every time we did it....and now see how small the window is!!!

I did everything late, kissing boys, getting married, how is this any different? Relaxing and knowing it will happen! 36 yo TTC #1 LATEBLOOMER

13 years ago

Corvina - That is so irritating about missing the call! Have they put you on any meeds for the PCOS yet? You really should be on metformin if you have that dx. It is great that you have lost five pounds! Loosing weight can be next to impossible with PCOS. I actually GAINED weight on a diet before my doctor put me on metformin. She says that the metformin will help with weight loss. I was devastated when I got the PCOS dx. I understand your feelings about thar. I cried for two days. Hopefully you can get in touch with the doctors office today!

Aroma - I maintain that I think leaving right now would be a bad idea. You should never make a serious life changing decision when you are as devastated as you are. I think that your husband is right when he said that you can't just run away during the hard times. If you do, what kind of marriage was it to begin with? Maybe you should go on a trip alone or to visit family or friends just to get away for a while so that you can think, but I think you should make it clear to your husband that you aren't leaving, you just need some time to yourself.

I have a question for everyone. Who is AFM? I keep seeing responses to them but I have no clue who they are.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo