Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

201 - 210 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

Gotta say, one up-side to renovating is that I have been completely distracted from ttc! The next week or 2 should be equally busy - Hopefully that will make the pre-o 2ww go by quickly!!

rachelm - Yay for clomid! Hope all goes well and you get a bfp soon! But it's nice to know your doc will up the dosage for you!!

Aisha - I feel the same all the time!! I always do the "she may be preggers but I am way hotter than her" or anything along those lines! I hate myself for it, but can't help it! TTC makes us all nuts!

Carolyn - I said this on the byob thread, but dont worry about your opk getting lighter, you'll still get your pos!

lisser - hopefully you wont need a break next cycle!

nursejones - sounds promising!

Kitten - Dont give up sweetie, you're not out until the witch shows. What dpo are you?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

good morning ,

well the vile showed up this morning !!!! i did expect it tbh still always gutting .

i attempted to see if i could get an earlier appt at the fs but no luck still gotta wait til 27 july to get the sa results explained properly , the gp doesnt seem to know too much bout them . all we know is that it aint too good low motility and low morphology. i feel like im wasting the next 3 cycles and after them telling me id be in the menopause in the next decade i dont wanna waste any cycles.

its took 6 months to get here since i first went the doctor, well on to cycle 15 of trying for our elusive baby.

anyone heading for a ?

xxxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

13 years ago

k i know i don't write much but my name is kristine.. So anyways last night i was feeling pretty positive about the direction things were going as in tomorrow i get the hsg finally and will see my fs soon after that im expecting,to discuss the results. i was on fb and all of a sudden i get a pm from my 19 yr old co-worker. she had mentioned earlier in the day when i was doing her nails that she was 3 days late.. well guess f#%&*ing what, yup thats right shes PREGNANT... i had to bite my cheek to stop from crying and that punch in the gut feeling was horrible.. her bf is not even from canada and has been staying up here for quite a while... im pissed and soo hurt as she is not the smartest cookie in the jar,she only works 3 days a week at the salon,has chrones and does not eat properly at all.. i said what are you going to do and she said we are going to keep it.i said this is serious and she went lol oh i know but i will bring the baby into to see you lots...HELLO this is real little girl,not a joke,and now i gotta deal with this in my face for the next 7-8 months.. i deserve to be pregnant not her.. her parents pay for everything and she is not responsible at all.. how are they going to support this kid when her bf can't work up here!!!!! is my paycheck going to go to her on welfare now because i can bet thats what she will do.... im sooo angry and saddened by this. i was doing soo good not really thinking about ttcing and WHAM someone just slapped me in the face..... i couldn't sleep at all last night just kept thinking and obsessing.... MY LIFE SUCKS RIGHT NOW.....

13 years ago

Hi

Aisha - Fab page well done girl we need a place to rant and rave. The list at the beginning is exactly how I feel when I see pregnant women especially those who can't care for themselves i.e druggies and drunks and those who simply don't care.

Kristine - I am sorry to hear about your co-worker it's not fair is it, my bff anounced she's expecting her 3rd i her but it felt like a stab in the heart when she told me. We are here for you

AFM - I am 21 going on 22 DH is 23 going on 24. I started having periods at age 11 Always painful always irregular, ended up in a&e a few times only to be sent home bein told it an infection or they can't find anything wrong. Age 16, after battling with my gp I had an u/s and they found i had PCOS, so then proceeded to give me pain killers Strong ones. Age 19 after being admitted into hospital for 2 days they finally decided to operate , surprise surprise there was 2 large clusters of Endometriosis on both sides. Just what I had told them from age 15!! Have been ttc every since post op check lmost 19months ago.

xXx Yasmine xXx User Image User Image User ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

13 years ago

Kitten, do you have the SA results? Can you post them here? I know a bit about them. I'm obviously not a Dr, but we deal with the MF issues, so I have read a fair amount about it.

Kristine, hugs about your co-worker. I think it's way worse when it someone who is ill-prepared to bring a new life into this world. You can't help but feel cheated and then feel sorry for the poor child who isn't choosing the life they are going to get. Good Luck with the HSG tomorrow. I hope you get the "all clear" results!

AFM, I'm done with the clomid now. Feeling pretty cranky today, with no good reason. Hopefully some sunshine and fresh air this afternoon will help. Got about a week till O, I guess. Starting with the OPK's on Saturday. Last BD on Sunday, until I get a positive, then onto IUI#2.

Luck and Hugs to everyone~

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

kristine im so so sorry i know exactly how you feel hun. DH's 15 year old cousing is pregnant with her 2nd. it hurts like hell but we are all here for you. just stay strong we will get our BFP soon.

Kittin im sorry AF showed up. im expecting her anyday because my temp dropped this morning. and still a BFN pee test.

Joy have fun fixing up your bathroom. i need to find me a project to distact me from ttc.

CPJ dont feel bad im a poas addict too.

Aisha- i thought i was the only one who did that. it makes me feel alot better knowing someone else rationalizes to make themselves feel better. normally ill say "well i can do this and this and this and they cant because they are pregnant or have kid" when really the truth is id give up everything to have a baby and be a mom

lisser- i dearly hope this is your cycle. you truley deserve it to be. maybe you will even have twins or something so you wont have to go through this again

yasmine- i know where you are coming from i have pcos too and it doesnt make ttc any easier.

rachel- im im keeping my fingers crossed for you hopefully this will be your month!!!!

AFM still the same just another dpo. i hope i didnt leave anyone out if i did i apologize im kinda in a rush me and my mama are going to spend the day together hopfully that will pull me out of the slumps.

to you all

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Well girls, it looks like I have pcos I am beside myself right now. I have been crying nonstop since I left the doctor's office. He wants to put me on metformin pending the hsg, which insurance has approved, but now they are working with the surgical center to schedule it. He does procedures on Thursday, so I am HOPING it is scheduled for next Thursday. I want this done and over with ASAP!

~Lisa~

13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

So many people to keep up with here! But such a great thread. I have been reading since the beginning but not sure if I wrote on this one yet. I agree with everything everyone is saying.

Rachel - Welcome to the world og Clomid. We have a great thread about it on here. You should join it! I am in the middle of my 3rd clomid cycle. I m/c'd last cycle but am holding out that it is lucky number 3 that will get me preggers! I typically O around CD19-20 on clomid. Seems common to O later when on it.

For everyone that is coming across friends and family that are preggers - I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! It is so hard. I am sending a giant hug to everyone. I am so glad we all have each other.

User Image

13 years ago

Corvina- I am so sorry. I was DEVASTATED when my doctor told me I had pcos. But it doesn't mean that there is no hope for us. The success rate with Clomid is 60% and it is even higher if you are on Metformin too. If you need to chat with someone message me. I have free long distance and I can call anytime.

Aroma - I hate seeing someone pregnant who has no business being a mother. I don't understand what her having Crohn's has anything to do with it though. I have it and my doctors say that there is no reason that it should keep me from being able to carry a healthy child.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

@lisserb thanks for offering to take a look at the sa results... im not sure how they work them out as there seems to be different ranges.

here goes: this was within an hour

volume 2.8 ml

30 million per ml

32% motility

25% progressive motility

6% rapid progression

4% normal morphology

11% vitality

11% viability

thanks for looking , im so worried that this means there is no hope for us

thanks Emma xxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo