Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 288 Replies | Last Page

joanie- im not cathlic but religous also and that was a very nice prayer thank you for sharing it with us...whenever i start getting really down on my self i always read the story of hannah in the bible....it makes me feel better

i have a quick question for anyone who wants to answer...how long do you get a + opk? and if you get it for a few days in a row does it mean you cant ovulate???

aroma-im so sorry about your heathcare problems! have you tried using progesterone cream??? i have used that before because of my extremely long periods and it seemed to help me.

and i feel comfortable with all you ladies enough that yall can refere to me as my real name Shea if you want....love all you gals

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

inusually got an +opk for 2 days so i would have sex till 3 days after a negative ya its basically sex for 5 days in a row lol and my name is kristine everyone.....

13 years ago

thanks kristine!
my poor hubby! i got a + yesterday and we BD 2x and i got another blaring BFP+++ today so he is going to have to come home from work and go to work again lol ....and i thought you only got a negative after you already ovulated cause your LH levels drop....idk?

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

I just told my boyfriend about this thread and that i'm so happy i found it. I talk to him about everything but he doesn't know what it's like truly, that's why i'm glad I found you all. He's already a dad and has been married and doesn't know what its like for me to now have an ex wife situation, step kids and can't get pregnant right away. *breath* it's a lot and I feel like a failure daily. Especially since some friends don't understand why he wants to start all over again at 35 and has a 15 year old daughter already. But it's our choice and we're in love and want this together. I just want to feel like a part of the family and I KNOW in my heart the only way I will is if I bring a child into it to complete the love I feel for them all. I struggle daily with acceptance that it will happen when the time is right, but oh the stress in that!! lol well i'm 5 dpo I suspect anyways) not really having any symptoms, besides heartburn two days ago and very emotinonal.

13 years ago

Joanie- i know how you feel. guys want to listen but i dont think they really understand how heartbreaking it is for us women. and dont pay attention to his friends they are probably just jealous. and i was so happy when i found this forum too i doubt id be able to make it without you guys! and i feel like a faliure too sometimes but try not to think that...i feel that ttc is like a war...you may loose some of the battles but it doesnt mean you cant win the war lol sometimes you just have to change stategies...and you already are a part of his family thats why yall are embarking on this journey together. i mean you wouldnt do that with just anyone...but i get it sometime i dont feel like DH and i are a "family" because we have no kids i just feel like we are a "couple" but i know in my heart thats not true.

13 years ago

Aisha...what a lovely and well-written clarification and response!

Love the prayer! Will share that with others!

Gotta scoot!

(throwing dust!!)

DMP - TTC #3 after several chemical pregnancies. May we all have success! God Bless!  BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Joanie- Even the most sensitive of men don't get what we women go through when ttc. And try not to worry about what other people think about him wanting to start over again- he's only 35! I'm 24 and my dh is 40 with a 10 year old son so believe me when I say we've heard it all! No one knows your situation and what's in your heart but you. And as much as you may love your step children, you still have the right to want to go through a pregnancy and hold your baby, something you never got to do with your step children. Plus your man has the right to create a child with you and others need to respect that. My dh's first marriage was a nightmare from day one (she was a gold digger, got pg on their honeymoon then told him she wanted a divorce) so he never got to enjoy going through a pregnancy and having a baby because his ex was putting him through hell trying to get alimony and fighting for custody (and I have to say, thank God my stepson has actually started taking after me personality wise instead of his mother which gives my dh a huge laugh). So there can be a million reasons why your man wants to have a child with you, and why you want your own child. So try your best to just ignore others when they are being judgmental.

You can't stop love, hunny!!!

Aisha

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies!

Ok I am horrid with names so no one is allowed to get mad or be offended when (not if, WHEN) I forget!! LoL!!

Shea - No af hasnt shown up I get pms-y about a week before she is due! I totally agree that typing a respone is so difficult cause it can be taken so many different ways!! As for the opks I almost always get 2+'s and no it definitely doesnt mean you wont O!

kristine - That is terrible!! What ever happened to doctors actually treating their patients... not they wont even listen, and seem to just want to get you out of the room asap!

Joanie - I am not personally religious, more just spiritual I guess. But your prayer was very nice I am so sorry about your situation. I have the opposite problem - everyone always asks when I'm gonna "start poping out some kids" Good luck on May 1st! I think I'll be testing April 27th!

Aisha - Well put! (your clairification) I am horrible with biting my nails lately too... I gotta get some nail polish on them to try and stop that!!

Nothing new with me today... 10dpo and have no desire to test at all! (Awesome it's looking like I will be holding off till Wedneday!! (maybe later?) Good luck to all of you!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Another negative pregnancy test today. I guess this means I have to start Clomid now. Here are some confessions about how I am feeling today. If it wasn't for the little green pills that my doctor gave me I don't know how I would get through days like today. Maybe that is weak, but it is how I survive. I hate this feeling.

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

I just read my sister-in-law's facebook status update telling everyone thar my brother just got to feel their son kick. I want to be happy for them but I am only jealous. Right below this update was picture of the huge pregnant belly of a girl I went to school with. I am bombarded by pregnant people!

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo