Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 288 Replies | Last Page

nursejones - 15??!?!?!?!?! Yeah thats all I gotta say about that.... what a joke! So sorry you have to deal with that!

Aisha - I think ttc is totally bad for our mental health!!! Have you ever seen the movie Tangled? (If not you should watch it cause it's hallarious!) When Rapunzel leaves her tower she jumps back and forth between "I'm a dispicable human being" and "BEST DAY EVER!!" LoL I so feel like thats me some days!!! Hahaha!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

i know pooker why arent we pregnant yet ?! and you are not a bad person like expecting said you are a very sweet person! hopefully this wll be all of our months because we desrve it !

and expecting its fine she is the one who is going to be tied down with 2 children at 15 with no job and probably live off the government the rest of her life ...

However i doubt the crackwhore thing would work for us lol and our mental health is probably not what it used to be either.

Thank you guys for being so nice and chatting with me i dont feel like im going through this alone as much . yea hubby is nice to talk to but he gets tired of ttc, pregnancy, and baby talk all the time. he figures i know what im doing and it will happen when the lord is willing.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi Aisha -

I've just been catching up on some of these confessions! They are great and represent exactly how I feel!

Hi "other" ladies! LOL! I am from the clomid thread and thought I might chime in from time to time. If thats ok. My BEST friend is 33 weeks prego and so as her due date nears, I am both excited and stressed b/c I know I'll be sooooooo jealous! Part of me feels like, "I NEED to get pregnant by the time she has the baby in order to be COMPLETELY happy." I'm a horrible friend.

13 years ago

P.S. I'm a high school health teacher and routinely see pregnant teens in my classes and roaming the halls.....need I say more?

13 years ago

hi teachertoria!

im so sorry you have to deal with all those pregnant teens while ttc im sure you probably feel like throwing a dest at them somedays lol and i know exactly how you feel about your friend...2 of my best friends are pregnant right now and i feel like im not going to be completely happy for them unless im pregnant. i dont think it makes us bad friends it just makes us human and shows how much we want to be mommies.

oh and how is the clomid going? i am taking those soy isoflavones (supposed to be likie clomid) and i think i got a positive opk today on cd 16 so excited this will be the earliest O ever.

to you all!

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi Nurse!

I took clomid for the first time last month and it made me ovulate on CD 21 with a luteal phase of 13 days which was great b/c I have luteal phase defect. However, I was having some pretty intense pain in my right ovary around O time so I went in for a pelvic ultrasound and low and behold I had 2 - INCH in diameter cysts on my ovary! I cannot take clomid again until the go away or are removed. I go in for another ultrasound in May to see if they've dissolved on their own... Just 1 more setback....!

Have you taken the soy before or is this your first month? Do you temp chart? I usually do but gave up for this month cause I needed a break! We have been ttc since last May and had a m/c in December.

P.S. My name is Victoria

13 years ago

oh man that stinks. its like everytime you get on a ball something pops it . and yes this is my first month on soy and i use to temp but i took a break this month too my sleeping habits have not been regular so i figured it would be a waste. i uploaded my OPK so far everyone thinks its a BFP!!! and im so sorry about your m/c. we have been ttc for 3 years (with a few breaks in between) and i had a m/c nov of 08 and last month . im praying this is the month for a BFP and a CEMENTED bean.

so are you on a ttc break because of your cyst???

13 years ago

oh and im shea

13 years ago

Oooh TeacherToria - I know how that feels! My very first cycle I was supposed to start Chlomid, when I went in they said I had a cyst. Not only could I not start my treatment, but they put me on the pill! THE PILL!!! I was soooooo pissed. TTC does not = BC! >.<

But, it did make the cyst go away within a month. So as stupid as it sounds, you should ask your doctor if getting on BC might help get rid of yours more quickly sp you can get back to TTC!

User Image 03/02/2012 IUI #1 BFN 03/30/2012 IUI #2 BFP! - Chemical Pregnancy

13 years ago

Thanks Ladies!

Shae - Sorry to hear about your TWO miscarriages!!! I'm taking a break b/c we moved this month, I've been under a lot of stress, the cysts, and I am just tired of this crap. TTC is like a full time job! LOL! It feels weird not temping b/c I've been doing it for the past 5 or 6 months but its definitely a nice break.

Niki - Thanks for the tip!!! When I asked my doctor about medications in general (progesterone to lengthen luteal phase since I can't take clomid) she said she doesn't want me on anything. She thinks it best to give my body a break from drugs and I think it is wise. Especially since I'm convinced that the BCP caused my luteal phase defect. I'm glad it worked for you though and I appreciate the tip!!!

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo