Community post

Discussion

Confessions of the Infertile Woman

View Full Post

Hi ladies. I know I'm not the only woman here who has fertility problems and sometimes feels very alone.

I'm only in my fourth month of ttc but I've been told by my doctor that due to a deformity of my uterus I may have some serious problems staying pregnant (if I'm ever blessed enough to even become pregnant). I will know more though after I get an mri tomorrow.

Anyway, sometimes thoughts pop into my head and then I feel guilty for thinking such negative things. I fear that if I confess these feelings to other people that they will judge me as a bad person or as insane as some of these things are irrational.

But I know I can't be the only one who experiences this.

So I thought I would create a thread where we can confess our frustrations and negative thoughts that we have regarding our fertility problems. I want this to be a place where we can freely express our emotions without anyone judging, just supporting.

Basically, I want a group therapy page!

So let me start off by giving some of my own confessions:

~When I see pictures of my friends' pregnant bellies, I feel jealous and angry

~I know I'm supposed to believe that God is testing me, but sometimes I feel like he is punishing me

~I get angry when I see people that don't take good care of themselves (much less their children) having babies when I can't.

~I judge other mothers as being less deserving

~I have constant nightmares about having miscarriage after miscarriage which cause me to wake up sweat drenched

~I feel like a failure as a woman

~I fear my husband may one day resent me if I can't give him children

~I fear this is somehow all my fault

~I hate myself for not being able to really be happy for my friends who have been blessed with children

~Sometimes the only way I can cheer myself up is by thinking "Well at least I won't lose my sexy body as quickly as my friends."

So many dark thoughts cross my mind sometimes and I was always a very happy, positive person before.

What dark thoughts do you have that you feel you can't share with anyone else?

User Image User Image User Image

288 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Shea - big hugs! Sending lots on thoughts your way. I'm glad you are okay.

Aroma - your ticker threw me off. :) I thought you were in a tww. The dye can push through small blockages, so it can actually help conception within 3 months if any small blockages were issues and were cleared out with the dye.

Sending positive thoughts and hugs to the rest of you too!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

13 years ago

thank all you ladies for your love and support. i have completly forgot about all the 2ww stuff with everything going on. we are heading to memphis TN tonight when DH gets off work because his brother was severly injured and i dont know how long we will be staying so if im MIA for a while yall know why.

i am sending yall all GL and BABY DUST !!! and yall really dont know how much yalls support means to me! love you guys!!! you all are my ttc family

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Some of you know me others do not. So let me just introduce myself quickly.

My name is Jaimie, 32 DH is 31. We have be TTC #1 for a year now, married for 2. I have PCOS and my DH apparently has low motility. I have already had one IUI but it didn't work. Due to a large cyst on my ovary, I couldn't do clomid and IUI this month. And next month, if my cyst isn't gone, I will have to go back on the BC pill = devastating.

I on on the BYOB forum. But after getting these results, I am really down. I just hate to be the "downer" for all the other ladies where it is just a matter of time.

Would it be okay if I joined this group? Even just writing that made me tear up. This whole process is just so emotionally charged, any little thing can set me off.

But it is nice to have people who understand..

alaska, how did the HSG procedure go?

Joy, I am sorry about the wicked witch coming... keep your head up! it will happen for us! promise!

13 years ago

Jamie!!! Of course you can join us! Everyone needs a place where it's safe to talk about the depressing things without feeling like you will be depressing someone else. I hope you will find this thread as therapeutic as the rest of us have.

User Image User Image User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

Hi Jaimie!

Reading your story I feel like I can really relate to you! DH and I too have be ttc for 1 year. I had a miscarriage in December due to low progesterone/luteal phase defect. I went on clomid 2 months ago and it worked (in terms of fixing the short luteal phase) but gave me 2 large cysts so I had to get off of it. I just went into the doctor on Tuesday due to HORRIBLE pelvic pain and bleeding and learned that my cysts ruptured but I have a (potentially) new one on the other side...(they said its either a cyst or a dominant follicle preparing for ovulation). I have just had one setback after another and my best friend is due in a couple weeks.....It's hard b/c we started ttc around the same time.

I have good days and bad days so I know what it feels like to feel totally helpless! Please feel free to vent to me or any other gal on this thread!

13 years ago

oh, thank you so much for that message. I really appreciate it.

Today was a little hard for me. I went to visit my friend who is on bed rest , due in july. And of course we all were talking about baby showers, nursery, etc. Her husband asked me when I would have a baby..

I felt like saying "listen Buddy if I could I would, but I can't so shut the F up!"

So that was hurtful. and I also I think I ovulated this week and totally missed it. Two nights in a row Dh and I haven't been able to get it together to BD. It was just one thing after another... mixed signals.. so I am def. out this month. But in some ways, it's ok. I won't spend the next two weeks obsessing. but at the same time, I am so sad that I don't even have that tww. and then the following month I am prob. going on BC.

Toria, did you have to go on the BC to get rid of your cysts?

13 years ago

My prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by the storms! Thankfully, it passed over my area of Georgia with little damage.

Welcome Jamie! I have PCOS too and I don't ovulate at all. It is sooo irritating when ppl ask when you are going to have a baby! Why do people think that it is okay to ask ANY questions about your reproductive system. It. Is so rude! You have come to the right thread. We are all having trouble and we know how hard it is.

Everyone - so far my FB sabbatical has helped with my depression and anxiety. I picked the perfect time to do it too. I am on Provera this week and it turns me into super b*tch.

I hope everyone is safe and doing well!

*~* Rachel *~* Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

13 years ago

Jaimie - No I haven't gone on BC yet nor has it been suggested by my doctor. I'm pretty sure its b/c being on BCPs for so many years totally F'ed my body up so I'd just rather wait it out if I can. My body seems to react really strongly to medications and it can take a lot longer for me to rebound. The doctor thinks all of these cysts are from the ONE cycle on clomid. I hate my body sometimes!

Rachel - I REALLY need to follow your lead and avoid facebook. It seems like I try to upset myself on purpose by seeking out all the sonograms, pregnancy announcements, and baby pictures that are plastered all over the site. What the hell is wrong with me?!

My DH's teenage cousin has a 3 year old.....she keeps asking me when I'm gonna have a baby too. I don't think I need to say anything more about that....

13 years ago

Hi ladies!

teachertoria - Ugh I do the same thing on fb... when ppl post pictures of thie babies, or sonograms or bellies I almost always look... so irritating. But I cant help myself, and then it just makes me sad.

rachel - Glad your facebook sebaticle is going well!

Jamie - Yay you came!! I am sorry you had to deal with your pg friend... and her dh I HATE when people ask "when are you going to start having babies?" As if it's anyones business but our own!
I am so sorry about everything you have had to endure so far... I really hope your cyst shrinks/dissappears on its own soon so you can start ttc again! It is so frustrating seeing so many women get pg quickly and here were are for over a year still struggling. How does that work?? It will happen for us though!

Well i should totally be taking a sebaticle from facebook... I went on there today and saw yet another pregnancy announcement. Stupid fb!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

hey everyone,

@bens10 im with you .... i feel mega low today stupidly did a hpt abd got a obviously.

my dp was told wed he has low motility , only 25% are movers and a lot of them are abnormal ....what a downer .

im beginning to feel like i should give up i cry all the time and am a right moody cow , all i ever talk about is this its dominated my life . even asleep i dream bout it

im for a baby but i feel my chances are slipping away .

to everyone xxx

1 son 17 years old , and expecting B/G twins atm that are due next month : )

13 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo