Community post

Discussion

June 2014 Baby, Maybe?

View Full Post

Here we go, again, Ladies!

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

905 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 905 Replies | Last Page

Lots of cycle buddies on here.

@BeautifulDisaster - I've been looking at maca root for the exact same reason. If I end up trying it, I'll let you know how it works for the DH.

User Image

10 years ago

Hey all, sorry to crash in but I've been stalking as I'm not quite sure if I'm out of the game for May just yet. I couldn't help but add what I know about maca root since the question came up. Maca will naturally regulate your hormones. If you are male it will help with libido by increasing testosterone. For women it will help level out estrogen and progesterone. It's a wonder root. I figure, how can people that have been using this for over 2000 years be wrong? It was featured on Dr. Oz too. When my dr thought that my hormone levels were out of wack I started taking it just in case. It helps those who are going through menopause with their hot flashes as well. GL ladies! I hope to see many BFP's on this thread as I will probably end up on it myself after the weekend. =)

10 years ago

Thank you for the input on the maca root

DD's 5 and 6 missed miscarriage - angel baby may/2013 chemical pregnancy - november/2013 TTC#3 Me:38 DH: 56

10 years ago

I just ordered Maca Root. How much should I take per day?

TTC #1 since Oct 2012 Me - 27, DH - 29 I have a bicornuate uterus. PREGNANT!! EDD 9/24/2014 User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Just came back from the store
Bought maca root pills at gnc
Paid 12.99 for 100 pills.
Dh n I took 1 pill of 525mg ea

Recommended dose on bottle. If we are supposed to up the dose please let us know!

Want to try buying the royal jelly too. Can't hurt!
But will stay away from rrl tea every day. Maybe I do it like every three days. I got seriously crampy. But on the other hand made me spot during ovulation which according to my many readings indicates strong ovulation, not bad at all huh?!? But it gives me soooooo much cramps that I'm hesitant to do a daily regimen.

Gl everyone!
Loads of powerful baby dust to all of us!!!

DD's 5 and 6 missed miscarriage - angel baby may/2013 chemical pregnancy - november/2013 TTC#3 Me:38 DH: 56

10 years ago

Maca is supposed to be an all around fertility booster and good for overall fertility health, if you will. Here is just a brief overview of the things I have tried:

Maca - helps overall reproductive health and boosts male libido, 1-2 pills daily (500mg each). Can take throughout cycle

Evening Primrose oil: helps boost cervical mucus or EWCM - I threw mine out so I dont remember the dose, it was only 1 pill I think and you take until ovulation

Royal jelly: egg booster, helps egg health, take 1-3 daily, 500mg, can take throughout cycle

Red raspberry leaf - tones and helps uterine health, take 1-2 daily, 450mg each, take through ovulation

B-6: helps lengthen luteal phase, take 1 daily, 100mg (not sure how long you take, I think its ok to take throughout cycle but could be wrong)

Low dose aspirin - one daily, 80mg, helps those with clotting issues.

Selenium: can get through pill form (1-2daily 100mcg) or through brazil nuts or pineapple core, helps with implantation. Now, if you want to take for implantation, you want to start about 3-4 dpo and take until 10 dpo thereabouts. I take it throughout my cycle due to my thyroid.

Soy isoflavones - supposed to be "natural" version of clomid, supposed to boost ovulation. You take like clomid, either cd3-7 or 5-9. I cant remember the dose I took but I stopped b/c soy isn't good for the thyroid.

There is also "technique" you can try after ovulation starting at 3-4 dpo and you alternate between taking something like zyrtec and pepcid and it supposed to suppress the immune system so a little bean can implant. Many women have tried this who have overactive immune systems or those that suffer from immune disorder, such as Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is what I have. The thought for some of these immune issues is that the immune system attacks an embryo thinking its an "invader." I have not personally tried this yet but may this cycle as I am just at 3dpo.

This is just some of the things I have tried and hope I can help others. I only take maca, royal jelly and folic acid now. Also these dosages are not "hard and fast" and some women take more or less. I had to google like crazy and search on this site to find a lot of this information. I am by no means an expert!

10 years ago

Lacey- the iui was a piece of cake for me. A little cramping afterwards, but nothing else.

10 years ago

That's an awesome list, pbc910 - thank you!

I haven't been TTC for very long (march 2013) but I'm thinking if we don't get a sticky soon I will be looking into some things like this.

Envious of all you cycle buddies - AFM: I'm looking at CD14; not doing anything to track when ovulation will happen (ala temp, cervix, but the last 3 cycles I've had clear pain in one/both of my ovaries which has lead me to believe when ovulation occurred (with roughly 14 days following AF arriving).
One of my iPhone apps estimates it'll happen tomorrow, so fingers crossed and will continue to

all!

User Image

10 years ago

Pcb: u rock! Thank you!

10 years ago

Thanks for all the info, pbc! DH and I started taking a combo of Horny Goat Weed and Maca Root today. We'll see how it works in a week or so .

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo