Community post

Discussion

July testers & April babies!

View Full Post

Alright ladies, so begins cd1 for me... anyone else? I'm hoping for an April baby since my birthday is in April - that would be the BEST birthday present!

193 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 193 Replies | Last Page

Hi Folks

Got a +OPK yesterday and EYCM, so made sure that DH didn't wriggle out of our BD schedule.

I said, "Look, the test line is stronger than the control line. That means that I will ovulate sometime in the next half day/ day and a half."

We started to get busy and then I heard him say, "I'm really tired."

I said:"Look, this is what they call EYCM. It means I am really fertile right now."

I then pointed out that we usually only dtd once or twice a week - because he is often tired. He didn't quite believe this. He is convinced it is more often. I said that I kept a record and I was happy to show him if he was interested. He shrugged and said he believed me.

Then I asked him about his fantasies etc. and we somehow made it happen. Honestly, he is someone who is convinced he is horny all the time, but when it comes to it, he is often super tired from all the cycling he does. I wouldn't have been so assertive normally. No one wants a BD schedule, but it has been over 2 years of ttc. I want us to make every opportunity for this to happen.

Got a GP appointment for next Fri, so hopefully will get some tests started.

I am assuming that I O today and then will be in the 2WW.

Anyone else have trouble getting enough BDing done in your fertile window?

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

10 years ago

Ladies, our husbands seem to be in the same boat. Though mine has yet to refuse sex, anything is possible. He doesn't know about the BD schedule, and has no clue that that's the only reason we went at it like rabbits for a couple of days last cycle, with ME as the aggressor no less.

I wonder how the Amazons did it :)

@mizdez- super cool hook up. Wish I could get a black market u/s. But I am getting a box of tests from my office today.

@mamoth- while reading, I kept thinking, this is some great foreplay talk! hahaha. I'm glad you turned it around for him as I doubt any of them have ewcm in their fantasies.

User Image

10 years ago

My husband is the same way a lot of the time. He is always tired and he thinks we "are together" enough.. I always feel like it should be the other way around. he should be the assertive one and I should be the one with the headache! lol Glad to know someone understands :) hang in there! good luck!

10 years ago

My boyfriend is always ready, but this cycle there we're times when I almost had to make him do it lol

I think I may be off the run yesterday I had a dip on my graph and today the temp is still lower... I've been having cramps on and off, but I believe it's probably just af about to show up... I'm a bit sad

The strange thing is that I usually have about 13 or 14 days of luteal phase and the temp only drops 2 days before af showing up, the second day being the first day of af. I'm only on day 11 dpo and already have the second low temp I'm really clueless about what is happening to my cycle this month. I think I'll just have to wait and see...

Had to postpone my plans of getting pregnant due to health insurance waiting period. I can only start the Baby Dance on the 3rd of June!!! It really sucks! :( User Image

10 years ago

Thanks @love, that makes me feel better. I did only test once a day and it was not the same time each day. Hopefully that was the problem and that I am actually ovulating! I physically feel like I am. And I totally feel your pain on how your DH feels...mine is the same way!! I think he would flip out if I actually started temping-ha! He initiates it too mostly so he hates when I "schedule" it. He says it feels like a job, which I get, but I don't think they understand that there is a small window for us!! I am pretty sure he is convinced that anytime we BD, we can get preg-ha! Bless their clueless hearts;). Good luck everyone!

10 years ago

Just got my +opk and I'm ready for an April baby!!! lol
Hoping for better luck this month (last month I had pos. HPTs but bloodwork was neg. and AF came 5 days late- had my hopes up!).

:D

Good luck everyone!

10 years ago

You go girl! Get out of that computer and star bd-ing!!! :D

Today I'm 11dpo and my boyfriend wanted to bd.... poor guy! I'm so nervous with this whole tww thing that I don't even want to think about bd!!!!....

He'll have to save it for the next cycle if the af decides to show up. I think I won't shave my legs or anything until I'm close to O-ing!!! Then I'll prepare myself, get cute lingerie and he will be desperate for some bd!!! LOL

I feel evil saying this

Had to postpone my plans of getting pregnant due to health insurance waiting period. I can only start the Baby Dance on the 3rd of June!!! It really sucks! :( User Image

10 years ago

@ Kawaii, here's a page explaining the dip in temp for implantation....
http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/early-pregnancy-symptoms/symptom-chart.php?symptomid=91

Hope you get a BFP! :)

User Image

10 years ago

HUGE new wrinkle in TTC plans. DH got a new job about 2 hours away from where we live!! I really want to have one more year at my current job, so we're putting our house on the market, he's renting an apt down there starting next month, and I'm going to be living with my parents (who live close to where I work) between whenever we sell the house and June. I am going to visit him on weekends. Absolutely crazy. How on earth are we supposed to TTC now?! Cross your fingers that this cycle or August work for us, because otherwise I have no idea how it's going to happen. :( I really don't want to wait for random weekends work out with the timing, or next June!!

I guess I'm entering the 2ww now...temp rose a little bit and not as much o-pain as yesterday, so it might have happened today. Hopefully we can BD tonight too just in case since now I want to get pg before DH leaves!

TTC #1 chem pg at 4 weeks on 7/6/13 User Image

10 years ago

@misskitty oh I had no idea there was such a thing! I googled it, but it doesn't seem to be what happened on my bbt this month. I looked at my previous charts and noticed that had that two months ago when I had a missed miscarriage!!

@love well that will make it a challenge! I hope that you can find the right strategy to ttc!

Well and I'm on 12 dpo and today got a BFN... I promised myself I wouldn't start a poas frenzy before af was due, but today I couldn't resist. I'm a bit sad... I don't feel pregnant, so I think it's better luck next cycle for me

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo