Community post

Discussion

July testers & April babies!

View Full Post

Alright ladies, so begins cd1 for me... anyone else? I'm hoping for an April baby since my birthday is in April - that would be the BEST birthday present!

193 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 193 Replies | Last Page

Hi Friends,
New to this.... DH and me are TTC #1 , first cycle...hoping we get lucky the first time !!! im currently DPO 8... and im not planning to to take a test ... just wait to see if AF turns up.... (hope not)... need all your support !!

10 years ago

@mizdez - isn't pressure the worst? I saw someone today I hadn't seen in a long time and he said "so when are you going to have babies?" I wanted to cry but I tried to laugh it off instead.

@kic - hi and good luck! I'm pretty new to all of this too.

TTC #1 chem pg at 4 weeks on 7/6/13 User Image

10 years ago

@misdez - i totally understand the pressure... i have ppl ( even distant relatives ) who keep asking the same question and offering advice........
Now that we have started TTC ... TWW is killing me... im freaking out.. .... for everyone here !!

10 years ago

Greeting!

Kic, mizdez, love, I wish I could say the same.aybe they're thinking it, but my family seems to have given up hope. I'm the last to be married and at 30 (by which age my sister and cousin had a couple kids under their belts already). Also, it's possible that no one is saying anything because I'm not the type to react pleasantly when someone pressures me (though with age I've become slightly more pleasant :-)). However, I may be putting the pressure on myself; my clock is ticking. I was twiddling my thumbs and then boom! I'm already 30. Not that the age bothers me, but I'm aware that it gets tougher to concieve. When I was young and dumb, it was easy having accidents. I even got pregnant on the pill. But now I'm wondering and hoping that all is still well with the machinery. And reading all the posts by women who are ttc for so long breaks my heart. I feel guilty because sometimes they mention "me", the one who got pregnant by accident when they are having trouble. I feel guilty because I'm a smoker and I know they do everything right. And they are right, they do deserve their little angels. And I pray with all my heart that their wishes are granted. It really should be first come first serve. (That's me avoiding being sentimental).

I can't wait to get to our testing times. Even if I get a bfn, it will warm my heart to see your bfps.

My dh isn't interested in the tww. He tried to pretend he was because he saw it meant a lot. Even tried to figure out my chart. But he's all math, so of course opks tell you EXACTLY when you ovulate and a bfn cannot be a bfp, but if I say it still may be, then I must be pregnant. There's no grey area for him. That's why I'm on this site all day long.

Please excuse the super long post. It's 2am and I'm bored. I also plan on being bored at 2pm. I just moved to a different state, and as I am a teacher, I'm not currently working. So it's literally a tww with nothing to do. Today I will find out if we got the apartment I applied for, which will mean two moves in one month for me. I hope that goes smoother than the first. With all the stress I thought I'd o late or not at all. At least I'll be closer to NYC, my home.

Speaking of which, and I promise this will be the last thing... If this is our month, what worried me is my commute. I lived a 15 min walk from my job. Come September, I'll be driving an hour and a half. I wonder how that will play out in my 3rd trimester. I guess I'll take it as it comes, like everything else.

In closing :-) I hope you all are feeling well (and by that I mean bloated and tired).

User Image

10 years ago

So excited for this cycle. I'm on cd3 and thinking POSITIVE :) Still not sure how long my luteal phase is, so I'll be doing opk like crazy to try and pinpoint ovulation window.

TTC#1 with PCOS. Cycle #2 started July 7th. Thinking POSITIVE. User Image

10 years ago

Oh, and I should introduce myself since this is my first post! I'm new to the whole thing, this board, ttc, everything! I'm Ally, nice to meet you all. It's nice to know that there are people going through what you're going through. Good luck to all of you July testers!

10 years ago

Welcome Ally! I don't think I mentioned, this is also my first cycle. Are you doing anything besides the opks?

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks so much! Just opk's and temping this cycle. I have PCOS and have only recently gotten off of bc, so I'm mainly concerned with making sure I actually O. Have a visit scheduled with my ob for O week so hoping that she can determine if I am or not!

What about you? Oh and ps: I totally married a mathy/analytical dude, too. It's fun watching him try to analyze my bbt against his. Hahah!

10 years ago

Well, I look forward to hearing about your first o week.

I do the same, bbt, opk and lots of poking and prodding.

You just gave me a great idea. If I get a bfn, I'll have him chart with me hehe. Then we can compare "cycles". I bet that will last as long as it takes him to get his first bbt. "This takes too long, and why is it beeping like that?"

User Image

10 years ago

Hello, I'm new too! My bday is in April too, and I was thinking the same about having a baby around it! My cousin's DD was born right on her birthday, mabe I'll be blessed with the same:)

IDK exactly, but I think I O'd on CD 20 (I was throwing up the day before and had spotting that day, IDK how timing of seeing blood and hormones causing sickness work). I went back to track my last 3 cycles, I had a lot of complaining and ppl rooting for us, so I left a trail of symptoms and dates, and I noticed I've been getting sick a lot where I'd possibly be Oing. Then I have 35-50 day cycles, so that miff's everything up!

GL to you all and nice to meet you;)

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo