Community post

Discussion

Baby jealousy

Just from other forums I've posted in, I know many of you can relate to the "why is everyone having babies but me?" feeling... I just had a good friend tell me this morning that she is 10 weeks along. She and her husband weren't really trying, but they weren't taking any extra measures to prevent it either. And all the royal baby news doesn't help either. Anyone have any tips to overcome this? I hate feeling jealous when people are so excited, but I can't help it - I want that baby bump!

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Sometimes it seems unfortunate but I am a believer in everything happens for a reason and that things will happen when they are supposed too... I also have the when will it be my turn, when will it happen to me questions! I also recently found out that a friend of mine when she was trying, lied about how long she was trying. She told everyone that she had been trying for 6 months and turned out that it was actually 2 years, but her husband thought they were for only 6 months... My husband and I have told people that we are not trying but if it happens we're ok with it... have been off BC since Jan and still no luck. I just keep telling myself it will happen when it is supposed to... Not much help but please remember that others are not always fully honest about how long they have been trying!

10 years ago

Thanks, Kerri! That is definitely true - I read on a site earlier that couples are more up-front about their successes than their failures, which I thought was a really good point. I recently had a couple moles removed & biopsied and one required a call-back to have more of the skin removed. I just keep thinking that it hasn't happened yet because I had to get through dealing with that & God doesn't give you more than you can handle.

When I went off BC in November, we really weren't "trying" then & in December, but after it had been a couple months with no results, I started to think about it more and it became more TTC than it'll happen when it happens - at least for me. I've had a few friends who went off BC and it seemed like they were pregnant the next day, so I hoped it would be like that for me, but no such luck. I think about it every month and the TWW between O and AF showing up drives me crazy, but my hubby is very laid back about it. I wish I could have his mentality, but he is a lot less baby crazy than I am. He is ready to have a baby, but not right this second like I am

Thanks again for your reply!

10 years ago • Post starter

Good luck with the mole removal! I too feel he does not give you more than you can handle. I recently lost a co-worker and it shocked us all. Well his ex-wife also works with us and is a great friend of mine. I have been trying to help her cope with the loss, as they couldnt be together but had to have each other in their lives...

I feel the same about others stopping BC and getting BFP right away, but as my MD told me that also depends on how long you were on it and how well you took it. For 5 years I did not miss a single pill... I was very dedicated as my husband and I wanted to get married, a house and then kids. Well sept will be 2 years of marriage and in our home. We have been together for 10 years (since freshman in high school) and feel it is time. My husband is also very laid back about it, I think he is starting to hope it will happen soon. He keeps saying 'I thought you would have been by now'...

Thank you for your comments, as those seem to help me!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo