Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part10

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share your TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

321 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 321 Replies | Last Page

Hi Ladies,
I have now had 4 doses of Clomid, last one tomorrow. My AF only lasted for five days, now am in CD6. I noticed that my CM was becoming clear and decided to do an OPK this morning and it showed a faint line. Is this normal?? Does this mean I am going to ovulate early? I started the Clomid on day 3. Am I panicking for nothing. Hope I haven't done anything to stuff up the Clomid and my cycle.

11 years ago

Welcome proudmom!

Kelli, do you know what cd you ovulate without clomid if you ovulate on your own? A faint line doesn't mean anything on an OPK. Women always have some LH in their system. It's only showing that ovulation will be within 48 hours if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. You may ovulate earlier than normal, or the clomid may delay your ovulation. You haven't done anything at all to screw up the cycle. Are you going to be just BDing on your own or do you have an IUI planned?

Hope everyone else is well. I'm 4 doses into an antibiotic to get rid of the brutal sinus infection I ended up with. Seems like I'm always sick in the TWW, haha!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey Lisserb,

I usually ovulate on my own between day 12-14. Opk usually positive on Day 12. I am not using IUI just BDing. I just freaked out a little because my CM was already looking egg whitish. Should I keep testing the OPK's to make sure I don't miss ovulation, or should I just start testing from again from Day 9. I ust don't want to miss the window for this month.

11 years ago

If you have a good supply of opk's, I'd keep testing. If you don't, maybe start at CD8 again. I also usually ovulate between 12-14 on my own, and with the clomid I have big follicles by CD9. I use a trigger shot, so I'm not sure if I left it, what day I'd go on my own.

Has anyone used clomid and it worked on first round? Also, how long after you get a positive opk do you dtd? I've never had to try this hard for a baby. Good luck and baby dust to all of us!!

11 years ago

Melissa, once again we are in a similar boat! I'm on day one of antibiotics to help a bladder infection. But sinuses are so much worse, yuck! Feel better soon!

Kelli, I agree that you should keep testing. Also, don't worry too much about the mucus. It could just be a side effect of the Clomid. I get funky mucus on Clomid, so maybe it's that. I'd go by OPK results. Hope you get a positive soon!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

ProudMom- A few ladies on here, who have now graduated from the board, got positives on their very first round. It's not unheard of! My RE told me to BD the day of the positive OPK and the day after. The sperm need time to reach the fallopian tubes and be waiting for that egg when ovulation occurs!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Allison, hopefully your antibiotics kick in soon. I've had 5 doses of mine so far and I feel so much better. Still headachy, but my teeth don't hurt anymore!

For the new opk'ers...generally you ovulate between 24-48 hours after the first positive opk. If your DH's have good, strong swimmers, do like Alison said, everyday, starting the day of the first positive, for at least three days.

Good Luck!

Welcome new ladies...nothing new for me just waiting
Thank you MishyBecks wishing you well also.

me (31) ~ dh (37) dx w/pcos in 2009 ttc since 2000 Met.1000mg, prenatal, provera (11/12) clomid 50mg, Epo 1000mg, preseed and prayer (2/13) "This is my season, and I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus" thanks for my in advance!

11 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. It comforts me to know that most of you have a lot of experience with this stuff. I shall take all of your advice and will let you know the results.

Once again, thanks for being the ear that I really need.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo