Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part13

View Full Post

Lucky 13!!

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 12 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=26484

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

556 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 556 Replies | Last Page

Congrats, lisserb!!!!

Amazing. :)

10 years ago

Lisserb: Congratulations on your BFP xo

Shelob: I can't say I feel better for having had that rant/pity party just yet. But I at least got to get it off my chest before I exploded and said anything nasty towards my partner.

mrsamandaervin: All it is, is 12 weeks eating 1500 calories a day. Exercising 6 days a week for 2-3 hours, aiming to burn a minimum of 750 calories a day. I have the added problem of forcing myself to eat more red meat while on the challenge. On average I only eat 2 serves of red meat a week, my doctor and a nutritionist want me to eat 3 serves of red meat a week. The daily calorie intake is recommended to be taken as 3-4 meals, again I have a problem with - I only eat when hungry so 1-2 times a day. So the challenge for me is more in the eating then the exercise. I was going to go with the Lite n' Easy meal plan, but it was expensive compared to what I can buy the ingredients for my meals from my local weekend markets and the grocery store.

User Image

10 years ago

Yay Lisserb!!!! SO happy for you!

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Hello ladies!!!!! I am still cheering from the sidelines, but hopefully not much longer:)
First off, CONGRATS LISSERB!!!! How absolutley wonderful!!!!
I have noticed many newcomers, so welcome!!
As for me,.... As you were all aware, my first US 2 wks following my procedure showed another cyst, soooooo, back on the BC I went. We were all geared up and ready to start out first IUI cycle when my REI said that the cyst was still shinking and we had to wait a little longer. I think that this last wait was really a blessing in disguise as only 4 days after my Dr told us we could not begin IUI just yet,.....my mother suddenly passed away(only 59).
With all of that chaos,...... A huge family secret was revealed about me as well! The father I have always known, ... Is not my biological father. I learned that my biological father has always wanted to a part of my life and always has through family members, however my mother was always worried about her image in other peoples eyes and didnt want to deal with it. She met my dad who raised me when i was 8 months old, was engaged, and married when i was 17 mos old. I was just always told that i was born before they were married, but I never imagined after 35 yrs finding this out.
Sooooo,..... I am quite content with not starting my first IUI during this rodeo!!
Btw,..... I get to meet my bio dad and his wife next Thursday!!!!! They are flying in from Cape Cod, Ma for a long weekend!!!!!

10 years ago

Wow, Mrs Mullen. That sounds like a big ol' mess of drama. Sorry to hear that, but I guess it could be a blessing in disguise. You can know for sure your real medical history at the least. Good luck with the meeting! Hope everything goes awesome for you all!

10 years ago

Wow lot of good, bad and interesting news from people! Mrs*Mullen that must have been a huge shock! I hope you are dealing with it okay emmotionally.

Well, anyone with insights into my situation, please feel free to advise!!! I had a good estradiol test on Friday with a level of over 550pmol/L (which is about 150pg/mol for those who use other units). This should have indicated I would ovulate in a day or two. Based on the same test last cycle I thought I would ovulate 2 or 3 days later at the most. BUT now it is 5 days later and I still have not ovulated. Temp still down, OPK still negative. What is more I have had some serious ovulation pains. Way worse than ever before. On my first cycle of clomid it was bad enough, but this is insane. For two days I had it so bad and on both sides that it made me have to hold my side like I had stitch anytime I walked anywhere. Today has not been that bad, just mild pain on and off. I have also had a headache and tender breasts for the past two days. I really don't understand what is going on. The whole point of the blood test was to indicate when I was gearing up to ovulate. Any insights would be amazing. Particularly into the ovulation pain. I am hoping it goes away at some point, but I can't help but worry about what is going on down there.

10 years ago

MrsM, that's crazy! Hope it is a good reunion for you.

Shelob, I would ask to have an ultrasound monitored cycle with a trigger to ensure ovulation. Sounds like your body doesn't want to release the egg.

Thanks to all for the congrats! It still feels surreal, but I'm enjoying my miracle. :)

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi Lisserb, thanks for your suggestion and congratulations!! Last cycle I was fully monitored with ultrasound and as everything went utterly smoothly they reduced monitoring this cycle (much cheaper and they didn't feel I needed the extra monitoring). I haven't had a trigger before and they never even mentioned one. Because I ovulate on my own (albeit irregularly) maybe they thought just being on the clomid was enough? I might have ovulated yesterday based on my temperatures, but the temperature shift is very minimal so I won't be sure for a couple of days. I am going to call my fertility clinic this afternoon and see what they want me to do.

10 years ago

I would try the trigger shot, at least once or twice, so that you can ensure that you are ovulating. Good Luck

10 years ago • Post starter

Doc switched me to Femera. Any insight on this versus clomid? So far, no side effects, so that's a plus.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo