Community post

Question

36 years old and TTC #2

Hello everyone,I've come back to countdown after being gone for 7 years.In 2013,I had a beautiful baby girl who is now 6 1/2.She wants to be a big sister and she will make an amazing one!!My concern is that I am 36 now and I read everywhere that the chances of getting pregnant after 35 declines greatly.Anyone have any positive advice to increase our chances of conceiving?I am 2 days away from AF right now and have taken a test but it was a BFN,but might have been too early to test.Anyways,baby dust to all????????????

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It may take a little longer after 35 but there is no reason why it wouldn’t happen for you. I’m almost 38 and currently 7 weeks pregnant with # 3. We had been trying for a year and I had a miscarriage back in March so it’s been a little harder than I hoped and i’m definitely worried about my current pregnancy but they are many women who have healthy pregnancies after 35 and even after 40. From all the research i’ve done it sounds like the best thing you can do to increase your chances is a healthy diet and start taking prenatal vitamins right away while you are TTC.. Best of luck to you!

4 years ago

Just wanted to chime in as well to say I'm 41 and currently 6 wks pregnant with baby#4. Was ttc for about 10 months this time. Have pcos and also nursing our 22 month old. It can take a little longer, but there is always hope!

You can use ovulation tests, can order online or buy in stores...a lot of women use bbt to check for ovulation.

4 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo