Community post

Question

KIND OF A DUMB QUESTION,BUT I CANNOT FIND THE ANSWER ANYWHERE..PLEASE ANSWER

Ok, so I was wondering after implantation occurs in the uterus,what happens with the rest of the blood that would have been "bled out" during AF?I just found out I was pregnant on friday with a bloodtest and I have been spotting for the past 6 days.My Dr. said about 30% of women spot in the beginning of their pregnancy,but mine has gotten heavier but I dont have cramps.Could that be due to my DH and I have having intercourse 2 nights ago?Anyways, if you know what happens to that extra blood,let me know.I am kind of scared that I am miscarrying, and I go for my 2nd blood test tomorrow,but I wanted to see what others think.Thank you.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

When you get af, the blood is the lining of your uterus shedding. When you get pregnant, the lining of your uterus doesn't shed because it's where the egg implants. There's no way of knowing if you're miscarrying or not before the blood test, but many women do bleed and go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I really hope tomorrow goes well for you, good luck.

11 years ago

First of Congrats on the Bfp! Your doc is right and there are some women who spot around the time of af during pg. I think on the web they call it a anniversary bleed, I am not sure what happens to the linning of the uterus. My guess would be it either gets reabsorbed or it just stays there. Usually your cervix builds a mucus plug there at the opening around the same time as conception/ few days after implantation. In some women this proccess takes a few more days and you might just be spotting because this has not happened fully yet. But nothing to get alarmed about. If the bleeding picks up heavier and you have cramps or pain I would call the doc or there nurse line and let them know right away. Hoping you have a happy and healthy nine months :-)

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpghttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

11 years ago

What i know is when implantation bleeding is spotting blood enough for penty liner it normaly takes
2 days but every woman is different. check with your Dr bcoz lot of blood in implantation it not safe
it could be miscarrage

11 years ago

I had spotting from 6 weeks up until 13 weeks. It was always a brownish color and would happen more when Dh and I had sex. My doctor said it could have been a clot that worked its way out of my body. But it is totally normal to spot during the 1st trimester. If it becomes red, heavy and accompanied with cramps, then you should worry.

Congrats on your BFP and hope your bloodwork comes back tomorrow with some good news. I know the first few weeks are so stressful...Good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo