Community post

Question

What happens after a chemical??

So I had a chemical pregnancy 32 days ago and my DH have continued ttc this month. What I have read online is that to treat it as a normal period and count the first day of flow as CD1. So I would be on CD 32 right now when I usually have a 28-29 day cycle. I am not sure when I o'd this cycle, but I have been temping for the past 2 weeks (I know I should do it the entire cycle), but my temp is well above coverline still. I am having some symptoms of PG (sore boobs and sick to my stomach,but not always vomiting).I am not sure when I should have gotten or will get AF,because some people say it goes right back to normal or it takes up to 6 weeks to recover. I never had a high HCG count so I dont think it took to long to get it out of my system.Is it possible I am PG again or is it my ming playing tricks on me? Any help would be great.I dont want to test yet in fear of the same thing happening as last month. Anyone have this happen to them???Thanks!!

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

with both of my chemical pregnancies my cycles went back to normal give or take a few days. I'd test personally... you're already late according to previous cycles. The hormones from the chemical are gone from your system so that's not what's causing the preggo symptoms. Good luck.

Me: 27 PCOS DH: 25 Fine and dandy November 2011 First round of 50mg Clomid. December 22 !!! January 1 2012 m/c @7 weeks - Clomid 50mg round #2 Feb 2012. 21 day progesterone level at a 3 !!! Another m/c at 5 weeks - Clomid 100mg April - June epic fail - July Femara/Ovidril It worked!!! - Sept - .... lost a genetically healthy baby boy

11 years ago

When I had a chem pg in March, my next cycle was actually shorter than normal for me (24 days- 26-27 is normal). You could test now and get an accurate result. If you're scared and want to wait, give it a few days and see what happens! (If I were you, though, I would be curious due to the longer cycle- if it was actually another chem pg- but I'm a nerd like that.)

11 years ago

With my chemical pregnancy, I was 10 days late and I think 18-19 DPO before I got a postive,but I didnt have any symptoms except for being late.This month I am 3-4 days late according to previous cycles but have some symptoms,but have no idea when I ovualted.

11 years ago • Post starter

Thank you for your answers! It has helped.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo