Community post

Question

Do osom tests get evaps?

So I bought some Osoms and I'm 7 dpo. I decided to test this morning just for fun I guess.... I thought I saw something super duper faint. Like a vvvvvvvfl but I thought I was just being desperate. I go back later and saw there was in fact a line there. I just dont trust myself. I heard osoms are known for not having evaps and being super sensitive. Here is the test. Idk if you can see it on camera but in person there definitely is a super faint line.

user submitted image

User image

10 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

I've used hundreds of the urine and combo tests over the last 6yrs and have never once had even a hint of a line that wasn't supposed to be there. These tests are ridiculously sensitive, so they can pick up base levels and failed implants that frer would miss. Most will chalk that up to being an evap. In the very early days, the test needs to pretty much dry before u can see the line. As days pass, the line shows when wet, then darkens as it dries. U'll have to keep testing to see if u have ur BFP. U should see a difference each day for the first bit.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Thank you so much for answering. So far I love these tests. I looked back csuse I took one at 6 dpo for fun cause I had just got them and there is no hint of a line. I'll just have to wait and see. These tests are really cool. Love the black dye.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

I hear ya!
Another good way to tell if ur just seeing things is to shine a bright light behind the cassette, the line will be even more apparent. And if u fill the dropper to the line then let one or two drops out from there, before using on the test, u'll have less dye running back during development. Tear the pads off after about 20mins and it'll dry faster too (for us impatient testers). This is how I do it anyways Lol!

5 years ago

When you test again post a pic!

5 years ago

I tested this morning. I did want you said about the pad after 20 minutes and I got two tesrs that I cant tell if it's a dye run or a line. I'm taking one more to be sure. The first I took at 2 am cause I woke up and the other two are smu.

user submitted image

User image

It's hard to tell in the pic, it blurs when I stretch it. The second one looks more like a line than a run. The dye usually runs from the control end closer to the control line. Have u tried another? It's still early so make sure u have a good hold time and minimal fluids. Try leaving the pads on for 30 mins, see if that helps a bit.

5 years ago • Edited

Okay will do!

User image

I think it's my bfp!! I sure hope so. My frer wont come in till Tuesday. I'm taking another right now and there is definitely a faint line. This is the one I took at 630 PM.

user submitted image

User image

Welp I thi k it was a bad test. I took two more with good holds and nothing....I'm just waiting till I'm late now. I'm onl 9 dpo. I'm supposed to start in 2-3 days

User image

Ugh how frustrating! I'm frustrated for u!! Have u tried the light behind the tests? U may have had a crappy test, hard to say becuz they don't all measure the exact same levels. A cpl yrs ago I used a wondfo (maybe it was easy@home, can't remember) and it came up negative. I had been testing positive for a few days at this point. My heart sank becuz I thought I lost the pregnancy. I tried another test, same batch and same urine, BFP! I have a pic posted somewhere. It really can go either way at this point. Some of those tests may not measure levels that low, or some may measure too low. U'll know more in the next cpl days...probably the world's longest days too!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo