Community post

Question

Short Lh surge?

Need some help. Can LH surges last a few hours? I got a postive at 9 ish this morning (I thought it was barely negative but it darkened a bit more) I tested a few minutes ago and got a negative. I dont think I drank a lot and held a good bit. Top was this morning with fmu, second was at 8...I was cramping. I tested again at 9 and it was positive. The last is just now around 12:45 ish

user submitted image

User image

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

It could be a couple things.

Yes, you can have a very short surge. It is good that you are testing multiple times a day as that way you can catch it!

Also you can have multiple LH surges in a cycle, it may not correlate with ovulation. Charting your cervix and cm can help to confirm ovulation as well as BBT. This might have been a short surge because it wasn't your ovulation?

LH is lowest in the morning generally. Here is some information that I found during researching LH testing:
"Q: What is the best time of day to take the ovulation test?
Unlike the pregnancy test kit, morning (first morning urine) is not the best time to collect samples for ovulation tests, as LH is synthesized in your body in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. The ideal time to collect a urine sample is in the afternoon, though testing may safely take place from 10am to early evening."

Hope that helps!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo