Community post

Question

Bleeding after sex??!

Has anyone ever bled after sex during very early pregnancy? I got my bfp last week (8 DPO) and I am currently 12 dpo. My husband and I had sex, and the next night I had bright red blood when I wiped. This was last night, and so far that’s the only time I’ve had any bleeding. I’m really nervous because I just had a chemical last cycle, and we just really want this one to stick! My lines are dark (I’ll add photo for reference) but I’m obviously still nervous. Can anyone help me out?

user submitted image

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I had this a couple times, the midwife told me only to worry if it was heavy bleeding or i was in a lot of pain :) I always like to be checked if I have a physical worry though. She also said it's very common as the cervix is easily irritated during sex in pregnancy due to all the extra blood flow. Like i say always best to be checked if you have a worry. Good luck

5 years ago

Ditto. I bled after sex too, but since it was slight and stopped, I didn't worry and that pregnancy is still going. Be gentle next time, and realize that if the cervix is knocked about, it's gonna leak some blood. You can talk to your doc about it at your first appt. Congratulations!

5 years ago

Thanks, ladies! The bleeding hasn’t returned, and I had labs yesterday with good numbers, so I am hopeful they will increase appropriately when I go back on Thursday. I appreciate your responses!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo