Community post

Discussion

Brown spotting at 7 weeks

I am 7 wks + 1 day, and was looking forward to my first appointment today (which also was an ultrasound). When I woke up this morning, I noticed light brown spotting in my underwear. I’ve been paranoid about this pregnancy from the beginning (I had a chemical last cycle and then didn’t ovulate until day 26) so I obviously freaked out. Preparing for the worst, I went to my appointment. Baby had a heartbeat of 149 and measured 7 wks + 1, which is perfect. She was also able to see the “relatively small” bleed on the ultrasound, which she said was about 1 cm in diameter. I’m obviously relieved that the baby had a heartbeat and measured on track, but it’s so hard for me to not worry about the spotting. Anyone have experiences with this that they’d like to share?

4 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I had lots of spotting, brown and pink till about 9 weeks on and off. I have a gorgeous baby girl now!

Mill

5 years ago

How are you now hoping all is ok

5 years ago

I hope all is okay with you too! Brown blood is old blood and shouldn't be a concern. Cramping with red blood is real concern.

5 years ago

I am good now. I spotted for a day or so and it went away. I’m now 8 weeks + 1 day!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo