Community post

Question

Late ovulation

Anyone have luck conceiving with late ovulation? I’m not sure why, but some months I start spotting around day 14, the spotting lasts a few days, and I don’t ovulate until a few days after the spotting stops. I’m currently on day 19 with negative OPKs. My doctor says people typically don’t conceive past day 21, due to something about the quality of the egg at that point in the cycle. My CM tells me it’s going to be soon, but every time I take a test that darn smiley face fails to appear. Looking for success stories from people who ovulate late :)

1 Answer • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I have never heard that about later ovulation. O at CD20 with a 14 day LP would be a 34 day cycle which still falls within normal. The only thing I have read is that the longer it takes to ovulate (so your body tries to O on CD14, doesn't happen, so tries again at CD18, doesn't work so tries again days later) the egg quality deteriorates as it has been sitting there already matured for so long. I currently O around CD21/22. So I'm off to do some googling now!

<a href=

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo