Community post

Question

Can follicles disappear or stop growing?

View Full Post

This is my 3rd cycle with clomid. First to cycles I took 25 mg and only had one follie. This cycle they increased it to 50. Today is CD 10 and my US showed 4 follicles (3 right side: 14,13, and 12 mm and 1 in the left side 11mm). The dr told me if all 4 keep developing we will have to skip this cycle bc of the high chances of all of them getting fertilized. So is there any chance some of them will stop growing or disappear? Thanks

53 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 53 Answers | Last Page

Hi girls, got the IUI done. DH spem count came back at 4.3 million after wash and motility was .32. What dou you think about those numbers, should I be concerned? Other number were alll good. Thanks

9 years ago • Post starter

YAY for IUI complete :D.

As for the post wash results: 4.2 million, is ok for IUI since the sperm doesnt have to swim as much (they don't ahve to go thru the vagina, the cervix etc etc) so you won't lose as much in their travel.

The motility, 32%, my honnest opinion, I find it a little low, it means that after the wash, 32% of the 4.2 million swimmed properly. If we do the math, that equals, 1,344 million perfectly motile sperm. Again, I find it a little low, BUT, again, since they don't have to swim as much, less will be lost making their way to your tubes (compared to intercourse).

When we take the normal values for sperm (20 million, 50% motility & 30% morphology) and we do the math, it gives us a total of 3 million perfectly motile/shaped sperm and this is what is considered good for TTC, so for IUI, I think 1,344 is ok (and for the 3rd time...) because they don't have to swim as much.

FX for your BFP this month :-D

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Hi tiredofwaiting... how are you? Have you started noticing any symptoms, I haven't. I have been crazy busy adjusting to my parents' house with my son... too many changes. Hope you are doing good, and I will try to stay in touch at least once a day since before I used to get messages directly on my cell phone and now I have to use the pc. TTYS

Hiiiii, how is everything going??? I'm assuming you left Canada already :), must be nice to be in the warm sun (I'm sooo jealous, LOL). No, I have no symptoms, and even if I do, I can usually attribute it to something else (Heartburn = progesterone and I need to eat, cramp). I'm also very early in my lp (between 5-7 dpo: opk,and bbt don't match), way to early to have any kind of symptoms. How are you feeling?? I think you are between 4-5 dpo right?? Are you going to start testing early or wait for the day AF is due??

Looking forward to your update :-)

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Hi, we are finally settled at my parents house, We made it, plane ride was very hard cause my son was over tired from waking up early for the IUI. It back fired me, I thought he was going to be tired and fall asleep, but he was totally out of control. Glad I don´t have to do it for a while. I think I am 5DPO. I didn´t temp or do any OPK, but I had the trigger shot, and I have ovulation pain on Sunday. I have no signs or symptoms yet.... but with my son the biggest sign and symptom was that I didn´t have any, So so far so good. I think I will wait to test til the 16 if AF doesn't show. Tired of waisting money and getting dissapointed. Is this the first time your OPK and temps don´t match?

Oh no, it must have been hard to deal with an overtired child in a plane. But at least now you're settled in, you can enjoy being away from winter. I'm still jealous, LOLL. No symptoms is good, although it's a little early for that since implantation doens't usually start until minimum 6dpo, hopefully, the "symptoms" will stay at bay and you'll get a bfp instead :-D. I admire your will power to resist poas, that's my plan but don't know if I'll be able to.

As for my bbt ad opk, they never match to be honest, but that's because i'm a slow riser, what's different this time is that they started to slowly rise and then shot up. It wasnt a consten slow rise like usual. That's what throw me off. So i could have O'd before the slow rise, or just before the spike.

How are you enjoying being in Mexico??

9 years ago

I am enjoying being in Mexico a lot, I am very close to my family and it is sooo nice to be together. I also have a lot of extra hands to help me with my son.
Hope you can stick to ur plan of waiting for testing, but if not, hopefully you will get a BFP as an early Christmas gift.
I didn't BBT this month, I have last cycles but didn't want to bother this month. But the ovulation pain on my side always seems pretty consistent. And since I had the trigger shot it should be fairly accurate.

Hi how are you? I am doing good. I am currently 12 DPIUI. My right eye has been really watery since Monday. I have no allergies and it doesn´t even look red or anything. I googled it ,and in another website forum there were a couple of women that had it too, and turned out to be pregnant. Have you heard of this before?

Hey girl, Sorry I've been MIA :). Super busy at work and tired when I get home. So you are 12dpiui and I'm 12dpo, awesome, LOL. To be honest; I've never ever heard of a leaking eye being a symptom.. I can't think of one think in pregnancy that would cause that. It could also just be that you eyes are no longer used to the Mexican sun/breeze and they are reacting a little. Not trying to be a downer or anything (after so many disappointments for me, I always try to find a reason for things that is not pregnancy related), I really don't have a clue of what it could be to be honest.

9 years ago

I know don´t worry... I am trying to not obssess to much about it either. Don´t want to get disappointed again. Hopefully my eye gets better soon. Are you going to start testing soon? Or you think you will be able to wait for AF not to show up?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo