Community post

Question

Can follicles disappear or stop growing?

View Full Post

This is my 3rd cycle with clomid. First to cycles I took 25 mg and only had one follie. This cycle they increased it to 50. Today is CD 10 and my US showed 4 follicles (3 right side: 14,13, and 12 mm and 1 in the left side 11mm). The dr told me if all 4 keep developing we will have to skip this cycle bc of the high chances of all of them getting fertilized. So is there any chance some of them will stop growing or disappear? Thanks

53 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 53 Answers | Last Page

Ya Canada is great (of course im bias LOL). I actually go to a hospital. They don't do IVF but they do everything else.. I could go to the Ottawa fertility clinic but i would have to pay out of pocket. I used to go to Montreal but it was to much travelling. If i decide to go back to IVF i will have to go to Montreal if i want it paid by my health card. Blah my doc is already hours behind... grrrr.

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Hi Tiredofwaiting, how did your appointment go? I had a crazy morning. I was 2 hours late for my appointment because there was a mudslide in one of the highways. Anyways I had 5 follies: a 17mm a 14mm 2 11mm and a 10mm. So I triggered already and we are doing insemination tomorrow. Do you know if follies continue growing after trigger shot or not? And do you think my 14mm has a chance or only the 17?

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello again. I just saw your conversations are still going. Follicles will continue to grow 1-2 mm a day even after the trigger shot. Your 17mm follicle is good; the 14 mm one probably is too little and will not mature until then. Best of luck tomorrow! My sore spot under the right armpit was right again, my temperatures on the BBT chart just went done....I expect CD1 tomorrow.

9 years ago

Hey ladies,

OH YAY ma-espe, that is awesome. See, we told you anything was possible :). The 17mm is good, I doubt the 14mm will make it, however; we never know what can happen. So happy for you :-D.

Oh Phillips :(, I'm so sorry to read this. This really really sucks :(

As for me, well, not so good. Doc wants my BF to do more tests before he will allow us to do another cycle :(. Oh well, we will keep trying on our own in the mean time.

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

That's too bad Phillips, hope next cycle will be the one for you!
TIredofwaiting, sorry things didn't go as planned. I guess dr are supposed to know what is best. But I think if it worked for you before it should work again.
Hope you are right about the 17 mm. I am a little worried bc dr said before normally they want them at 18. But like I said before if it is meant to be it will be. That was my only chance this cycle bc they said otherwise I should cancel this cycle cause they were unsure if the other 3 will all of a sudden catch up, and I won't be getting monitored.

Thanks you two. 2 more monitored cycles for us and then to the next option. I wish both of you all the best and success very very soon!

9 years ago

Your 17mm will be mature :). I have no doubt about it. You should O about 36 hours after trigger, therefore; it still has a day and a half to grow. On a clomid cycle, follicles are mature at 18mm, it will get there.

9 years ago

Thank you Phillips, I sincerely wish this will be the cycle for you. I'll keep my finger's crossed until the end of this cycle (I will look silly, it will be hard to work, but i'll do it, LOL)

9 years ago

:)

9 years ago

Thank you for the support girls! I hope this is the one for me... I will start packing cause I already had all my morning waisted stuck in the horrible traffic. will be in touch. Will let u know how IUI goes tm. Should be no problem.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo