Community post

Question

Can follicles disappear or stop growing?

View Full Post

This is my 3rd cycle with clomid. First to cycles I took 25 mg and only had one follie. This cycle they increased it to 50. Today is CD 10 and my US showed 4 follicles (3 right side: 14,13, and 12 mm and 1 in the left side 11mm). The dr told me if all 4 keep developing we will have to skip this cycle bc of the high chances of all of them getting fertilized. So is there any chance some of them will stop growing or disappear? Thanks

53 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 53 Answers | Last Page

Thanks girls sounds like you have been through a lot. Are you currently trying anything?

9 years ago • Post starter

Still trying. I am 10 dpo feeling my typical sore spot under my right armpit signaling AF. We plan on doing 2 more cycles with Femara and this time a combination of gonal f and Menopur. I don't have much hope. Donor egg is next. The very best to you and hopefully, you will be successful soon!

9 years ago

Thanks Phillips, hope next cycle you have better luck. We are unexplained infertility, what is ur diagnose?

My present infertility appears to be age related. With a chance of under 5% every cycle it is hard to get too hopeful. But miracles can and do happen !

9 years ago

I believe in miracles too, and if it is meant to be it will! :)

Send me messages if you like, keep me updated on your progress. It is nice to have friends.

9 years ago

I will update you for sure! And you please keep me updated as well... hopefully the armpit sign will be wrong this time.

:), looks like I missed a lot of action here last night :). I'm one day ahead of you ma_espe. I'm on CD12 today. I'm not trying anything this month, but I do have an appointment with my RE tomorrow (I want to go back to femara (or my left over gonal-f or repronex), ovidrel and progesterone). Miracles do happen, I got pg in Jan (m/c) but it still worked (after so many years of IF treatments, medicated cycles, time intercourse blah blah blah). If it worked once, it will happen again :). I have DOR, had endo (but it will come back) and my BF has low motility, so our chances are fairly low also. Never give up on your dream.

Looking forward to an update, Phillips, this means you too and I pray you are wrong about the sore spot :)

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Hi Tiredofwaiting... sorry I was so disconnected this morning. I am from Mexico, currently living in Canada... and I am getting ready to go spend the winter in Mexico... so I have been busy preping the house for winter all morning long... did you have ur appointment yet? if so how did it go? It makes sense to go back to Femera... I also believe that if it has worked once for you it will again for sure!! Let me know how the appointment went.

Oh lucky you, Going to Mexico for the winter.. I wish.. but I'm stuck here in Canada (born and raised, lol). Prepping a house from a Canadian winter must not be an easy chore, but OMG, it must be so worth it (can I hide in your suitcase??). May I ask which province you are in???

My appointment is tomorrow morning, so when you give me your update, I'll give you mine, LOLL

2008 - Laparoscopy for endometriosis 4 years of TTC (I suspect endo is back due to symptoms but no doctor will beleive me) July 2012: referred to Fertility Clinic August 2012: Test results are back High FSH, Low AFC (could be caused by endo) As I though, the endometriosis is back (take that doctors, I was right, you were wrong) Male factor (perfect count, they are just too stubborn and too lazy to swim properly, LOLL) August 2012: Moving on to IVF

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo