Community post

Question

As any of you experienced being really ill with flu and sore throat and were preggos?

Feeling VERY ill since last night I'm only 5dpo, but Ive heard your body defenses shut so that your body wont reject the baby, on the other hand it is flu season anyway just wondering what u experienced.

Thank you
xxx

User Image

11 Answers • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

Hi Anita I'm writing you from my bed. I have been in bed since yesterday! I am also 5 DPO and this is my 4th try? I usually don't get sick I had my flu shot and all that but since Sat evening I have been sick. Everything from pains, headaches, nose running, feeling the chills. I am a mess! I got some peppermint tea and I have drinking that but I have decided that if I did conceive this time this is it! How much more until July? I'm gonna die!!! But for you most Baby Dust. I hope you feel better.

13 years ago

Hello!

Im not in bed, but im in my dressing gown, and my throat hurts a LOT!!! I also been dreaming like mad, and funny enough the day I think I have ovulated and possibly conceived dreamed that my mum ( who past away) was with me in my house which i never dreamed before i have a feeling but dont want to get too obsessed, this is my first cycle trying so my hopes arent that high, well good luck to you too!

User Image

13 years ago • Post starter

I didnt get sick right away. But trust me it only gets worse if you really are pregnant. Im 9 weeks along and I managed to catch the flu, strep throat, toncilitous, and ear infection. Your immune system starts shutting down while building up the placenta for the baby. My only suggestion is keep vitamin c next to your bed and take it in the mornings. Hope this helps

User image

13 years ago

Thank you girls,

not feeling better at all :( Havent been eating either, Scarlett, jesus hope it doesnt get much worse! Congrats on your pregnancy, hope you will be feeling better in a few weeks.

xxx

User Image

haha come to think of it, before my mc i had gotten a bad cold too... in july.. not exactly cold n flu season.

13 years ago

the weird thing is is wayyyy too early for any symptoms but who knows if i havent ovulated earlier, but to be honest I felt the ovulation happening on the right days, still ILL and it sucks it really does....

baby dust!

User Image

Hello~
I am currently 7 dpo and not experiencing a lot of symptoms. But with my first pregnancy, 9 days after BD (not sure when I ovulated) I thought I caught the flu. Couldn't breathe at night, tired, nose running, stomach cramps, headaches...and I was pregnant. I was so distracted by being sick for two weeks I never thought that I might be pregnant.

Hope this helps and that you feel better-xx

13 years ago

Hello, I feel like crap still I am now 8dpo feeling tempted to test tomorrow hehehe also last light my belly was HUGE like I am 3 months pregnant so bloated I was and even my partner noticed it, not gassy only bloated strange, If Im not Im going to be very surprised! Hope you get your BFP soon too!

Good luck to all of you ladies

User Image

... This is my first month ttc. From the day in which I (believe) I ovulated, I have had flu like symptoms. Out of no where, they just came on. A stuffy nose & sore throat. I certainly hope that's a good sign. Baby dust to you & all. Xoxo.

13 years ago

With my first child I actually caught a two day flu right around the time I should have OV'd. It was the middle of January though so who knows?

13 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo