Community post

Question

Early ( arrived 3 days earlier) 2 day period, medium flow...hmmmm any suggestions?

Hello ladies nice to be back,

Soooo this month AF arrived 3 days earlier and only lasted 2 days. The flow was medium then just spotting on the third day, not normal for me to come on early and this little. Tested BPN this morning but then again I read that it can take up to a week for the hormone to build up. What do you reckon? Are you going through the same?

Many thanks
Anita

User Image

5 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Spotting can be like a light period or just a tinge in your cm when you wipe. It should be pinkish or brownish. If your flow was red, particulalry brick red, it generally isnt spotting. Even more so if there was a lot of clots/tissue with your flow. I read of one internet story where a lady bled very heavily but she turned out to be pregnant and carried her baby full term.

Sometimes diet, stress, heavy activity can trigger an earlier period. I didnt have spotting with last three pregnancies only with this one and it was only when I wiped. Dont lose any hope though as every woman and every pregnancy is different. You may be a heavy spotter : ) Lets hope so ay!!! All the best!!!! xx

12 years ago

Oh and further to my response...yes it can take some time for the hormones to build up before they can be read. Hcg usually doubles every 48-72 hours. Many woman have early responses but equally, a lot of woman, if not the majority of us, have to wait until we've missed our period before the Hcg has built up enough to register.

12 years ago

I had the same thing last month. A very llight and weird period but I was not pregnant : ( I think I was just hoping but you never know when you want someting so bad like I do I think I can make my body do stuff to keep hope alive!

12 years ago

With my first pregnancy, I had an actual "flow" for 2 days that I needed to use a tampon for due to the heaviness. It was more so brown or pinkish, not red and it was implantation. I didn't know it at the time so I didn't test until 4 weeks later when af was late so Im sorry I don't know how long to wait and test to get a bfp if it was impantation....GOOD LUCK!!!!

12 years ago

Thank you ladies for the answers, I dont think I am pregnant but I keep on spotting now, very light pink nearly looks like pink water when I wipe ( tmi sorry!) Im feeling tempted to test again, but I'll just wait to see if any symptoms come up, either way good luck to everyone. xxx

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo