Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

361 - 370 of 486 Replies | Last Page

sorry txkadams! Maybe it's a little too soon! Keep hoping!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

miracle, I love your optimism! I have been quite surprised myself at how the different clinics give different advice. I am (very fortunately) on the NHS and I think they have quite strict guidelines. It might be different if I was private.

I phoned my nurse for advice and she suggested waiting until next week and if nothing appeared to go in for a scan or blood test.

I genuinely have NO pregnancy symptoms at all so expecting it to be a weird hormonal imbalance.

This was my first IUI BTW - I was started on Suprecur nasal spray and the Gonal-F injections. I didn't get to the point of triggering but I think Ovitrelle was planned for that (I think! Can't remember). It all went very smoothly really - just had to remember every day to take the meds but aside from that, no bother. I hope it goes really well for you!

10 years ago

Ladies, I seriously don't know what my deal is with this RE!! I went today to check out my ovaries. He couldn't find them and ask me to go empty my bladder. I did. Came back and he found the left one seemed to be maturing. He was much more gentle than my OB with the US wand but he didn't say anything else. He asked if we were going to do iui and I said yes. He asked me a few other questions and out he went. I didn't get any of the other details y'all usually have.

I went to pay for my visit and I had to pay $200 AGAIN! Just to spend 15 minutes and ram that wand up my "little lady" and tell me everything looks good. Uh...I saw the screen and I didn't see anything different from what my other doc told me. I have no idea how much this iui will be but the nurse mentioned that I may have to shell out $195 when I drop off the sample. If he charges me another $500 and that makes my total $1,000 for this month, I'm moving to another doc or going back to my OB or maybe I'll just give up. This is just silly.

On another note, when I was putting a tissue in the trash can of my patient room I noticed other tissues with mascara on them. I couldn't help but wonder if they had been happy tears or sad tears. I NEED HAPPY TEARS!!!

One question before I go. I accidentally bought the clear blue advanced ovulation kit that has the two smiley faces. My nurse had told me at one point to not buy these and get the standard one. Any idea on why they wouldn't want me to use the advanced one?

10 years ago

And, I just got a smiley face. IUI is scheduled for tomorrow. Going to be a busy day because we have a wedding tomorrow night. I have never surged on day 12 before. Is it a full moon?

10 years ago

Red my IUI's are costing $1300 (maybe it costs a lot more in NZ) and they tell me I am 'thrifty' because I didn't need a trigger shot

10 years ago

My RE charges $1,800 for IUI, plus meds. Because the last 3 I did were unmedicated, I only needed 1 or 2 monitoring appointments, so it was cheaper for me to pay by the visit. Bloodwork and ultrasound is $450 a pop!

On the question of follicles for IUI, my RE said that 1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is getting near the top, 4 is time to consider cancelling. Because I'm ancient, we never cancelled with 4, but for the under 30 set he almost always did.

Since I'm done with the RE unless I can convince my husband to do donor IVF, I spoke with my OB today. He agreed to prescribe me progesterone and prenatals, but not letrozole or trigger shot. Oh, well, I know I produce at least one follicle each month and I do ovulate on my own. But it would be nice to have more targets to shoot at, especially since the odds of my eggs being any good at all are so low.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Esemkay do you take dhea?

10 years ago

No, I don't.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Texas- I take dhea for my dor (low egg reserve). Re recommended 75mg per day and 1200mg of coq10 per day as well. We'll see what it does for me this cycle :)

10 years ago

My 're told me since I was old (35), the dhea will increase my egg quality.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo