Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

111 - 120 of 486 Replies | Last Page

Ouch miracle. Poor thing. I am kinda scared too. I have only done ici so iui is new to me.

10 years ago

Newly- thank you for thinking of me!

Miracle-so sorry! I wonder why they had a hard time? I always cramp really back and a lot of pressure. Now I feel fine! Hope you feel better! My husband had 69 million so hopefully ONE can find a home! Lol I hope I ovulate today my doctor will always do the iui 24 hours after the trigger but I told my husband no more IUI. We spend to much on each one. We can be buddies! Wishing for success stories for the 2nd IUI.

The nurse told me I didn't gave to come in to check my progerstone level at dpo 7 since it was good last month? Do y'all have it checked every time?

[url=http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com]User Image[ur

10 years ago

Good luck, everybody!!

Just wanted to add a little note. It's not progesterone that tells them if you're going to ovulate - progesterone comes into play AFTER ovulation and tells them if you have ovulated (the corpus luteum - what's left of the follicle after you ovuate - is what produces the excess progesterone). It's your E2 (estrogen) and LH (lutenizing hormone) that they monitor to tell them when you're about to ovulate. Mature follicles generally produce about 100-300 E2 each, and your E2 levels cause your LH to rise.

Those at home OPK test strips measure LH and go positive when it surges over a certain amount (generally they trip positive at 25, but some high sensitivity tests are lower). LH typically varies throughout your cycle (although it usually hangs out in the 5ish range, it can go to like 20 without being your surge), which is why you'll nearly always get some sort of line on the test.

Okay, uninvited lesson is over! :D

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Tcmc121011, my RE never does a post-ovulation progesterone check. Especially with a trigger shot -- he said the amount of hcg in the trigger shot is at least 3 times what is necessary to cause ovulation. Sure, there are the really super rare people who the trigger shot doesn't work for, but he says that almost never happens. He also has everyone do progesterone suppositories, so that messes up the results anyway.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Miracle I did not test yet I was thinking maybe Thursday I will be 11 DPO so maybe then. The Gonal F is a growth hormone stimulator it gets the eggs going and growing to where they need to be to do the IUI Most of these conditions are associated with subfertility and/or infertility hence the reason for the shots.
That's great that you had your IUI today and praying this one takes for you. They pinched mine too so I know how you feel, she said I had a deep uterus so had a little bit of trouble getting that in there. I hope you feel better just rest up today!!

Good luck to us all!!

10 years ago

Hey ladies.. good luck to all that went for iui today and who are waiting to go. I think im on CD7-8 today. Idk what will count since my flow was whacky. I don'tthink in going to opk this month. I feel off and weird. I cant quite put my finger on it but I know this cycle is different than the rest. Im still having those symptoms still. Full boobs. thirst..headaches and sleepy. I just maybe making them up but idk... im not putting faith in them but im not totally ignoring them either. Idk.. its jus weird.. any who.. I hope this month we see many bfp this month.. I really do..hoping im not imagining things either.

10 years ago

Hey, ladies,

I need to talk. This cycle I didn't do the iui so I'm not sure what day I'm in the TTW. I think I'm about 10 days past possible conception (at the latest) and my calendar says I should expect AF on Monday but I want to test now!!!! Feeling some little symptoms like dizziness at times in the morning and analyzing every pinch and twinge in my side. Every time I think of testing I try to go and do something else. Haven't some of you tested about 10dpiui or was that to see if the trigger was out?? I hate the TWW!! Ugh!

TXkadams: so sorry to hear about your CD1. Was really hoping this last natural try worked for you.

And, I agree about naming this board IUI and IVF. I want to hear about the stories of IVF and adoption because that's right around the corner for us this year, too.

10 years ago

Red, you can test at 10dpo. Check out the stats on this site under Pregnancy Tests and Stats by days past Ovulation and Stats by Brand. I wouldn't use an expensive test this early, but if you've got some cheapies go ahead and POAS. Heck, if it's negative you can just test again tomorrow. Let us know how it turns out! Glad your hubs is home. Good luck, fingers crossed for your BFP.

AFM, nothing to report yet, just starting meds and trying not to think about it too much. RE mentioned that they have very good stats (near 50% success) for this med regimen (not sure if that's for my age range, it was just an off the cuff comment). I'm wondering why the heck didn't they start with these ... it's like you have to prove you really really need fertility help before they give you the good stuff.

10 years ago

I just ordered a crap load of pregnancy tests from Amazon. $0.38 per test. Is it weird that I get excited about cheap pregnancy test? Wait, don't answer that.

10 years ago

Txkadams- what meds are those???!!! What IUI number is this for you? sorry if you already answered that... I get so confused with all of us!!

Red- TEST!!! The worse it can be is a negative which you can always test again tomorrow!!! And it would be so awesome if it was positive!!! So just test!

Chrissy- thanks for the info on the Gonal-F.. don't think it's for me as my follicles were over 20mm. I hope it did the trick for you though? Did you see a difference this time around with the Gonal-F on your follicle sizes as opposed to last time when you didn't take it?
Testing tomorrow is a good idea!!

essemkay- you are right!! You are so knowledgeable but all that you said sounds right to me based on the little facts that I know! Thanks for the tutorial!! It's definitely welcomed!!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo