Community post

Discussion

March IUI 2014

View Full Post

I just wanted to start another board on March IUIs.
My first one in February failed and here's to hoping that this second one will be the charm. Can't wait to see some BFPs and some Thanksgiving babies!! If I conceive this cycle my EDD is Nov. 26th.
I'm CD2...

User Image

486 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

301 - 310 of 486 Replies | Last Page

Awhittaker- I'm 11 dpo. What is the process for ivf?

[url=http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com]User Image[ur

10 years ago

11 dpo is still VERY early :) hang in there and wait a couple days. Ivf vs iui is similar as far as medicated cycles go... With ivf, you take more stimulants and control the follicles with various meds so that you don't ovulate on your own. Instead of the iui, you take a trigger shot and go in for an egg retrieval surgery. Afterwards, embryologist will then take the sperm and ICSI into each egg and watch the egg fertilize and grow. Once they determine best eggs after 3 or 5 days, they will put them back in the uterus with a similar process like the iui. Ivf basically guarantees that everyone shows up at the "party" as me and my dh like to refer it to :) with iui, you know you ovulated but don't know quality of the eggs, whether they made it down the Fallopian tube and whether the sperm is compatible/able to fertilize. With ivf, you get to control all of that.... And that is why it's typically 5x more expensive than a medicated iui cycle.

10 years ago

tcmc- I think it's entirely too early too!! Don't give up just yet sweets!! If af doesn't show up until Monday then I would test then... I'm thinking of doing that myself actually... are you still having symptoms???

Smith-really? spotting! That's great! It's defo too early for af so it may very well be implantation! Wooohoooooo!!!! are you getting any other symptoms??

Awhittaker- Yes, I would definitely recommend acupuncture... they even say that it helps tremendously with ladies going thru IVF! Find one in your area that specializes in fertility.

AFM- I'm 11DPO and yesterday at 10DPO something happened that's NEVER happened before maybe in college... but like I said previously.. it could just be something that JUST happened and not related at all to pregnancy.. TMI: I felt like my bladder was full and every time I wend to the bathroom I would pee a few drops and then it would burn... so uterine tract infection! So I drank a bunch of water cause I heard that if you drink water it could flush it out and sure enough, today I'm FINE... like it never happened.. no burning or anything.. .to me that is WEIRD... I also had cramping at night that prevented me to fall asleep.. but that's happened before.. Anywhoo.... who knows!!!!!??????!!!!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Ladies,

Sending you good vibes from SXSW. Love being in this city and can enjoy life.

Secret: this is what makes me wonder if I should have kids Love to party. Love kids. Will probably take my kids to party venues. #willmakeitwork.

10 years ago

UGH! I'm 15 or 16dpo today and AF was still a no show this morning, so I took another FRER. And OMG! There was a really faint second line!! I couldn't believe it!

And then tonight, AF arrived with a vengeance.

I'm assuming now that either all the tests are faulty or the blue line tests were just more sensitive than the FRER or were catching the hcg on its way down meaning another chemical.

So, that's that. It was a really sweet dream while it lasted.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Sorry essmekay hug. You still trying natural?

10 years ago

Have fun red!

10 years ago

I have no other symptoms- but the spotting has changed to red. I left a message for my nurse and hopefully she'll call me back today or I'll go in tomorrow for bloodwork and ultrasound. I really hope this is a good sign! Having a party today to keep my mind off things! Happy St. Pat's and baby dust!

10 years ago

smith- hopefully it's implantation bleeding sweets!! Keep us updated! Have fun at your party... and happy St. Patty's day to you too!

essemkay- so sorry hun!

red- I'm with you! I like the idea of taking kids to parties!!!

12DPO today.. last night I had crazy ovary pain on both sides which lasted about 5 minutes and some other shooting pains around uterus area... we were at a bar playing pool and it was so uncomfortable!! But I'll take it if it means I'll see a BFP in the next couple days!! :)

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

I know this sounds so weird especially on this forum but I am super excited that AF started today!!! Now it has become real. I order to my sample tomorrow and then start 200 of Clomid on Wed, the ultrasound on cd11 then it's on!!!!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo