Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part13

View Full Post

Lucky 13!!

Welcome to part 12 of our discussion group! Our forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara for treatment. We are all super friendly ladies, so please come and share your story with us!

For anyone looking to catch up, part 12 is here:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=26484

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

556 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 556 Replies | Last Page

Baseline ultrasound yesterday - Dr is moving me to yet another med. Last month was Femara, follistim and trigger.

This month, we're doing Bravelle. 2 powder vials each night. Go back Tuesday for a blood draw and scan.

I hope your good mojo is hanging out in the ORM office, Darian - I can use it! :-)

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Courtly, you are funny :)

Stillfuntryin, I did some investigation and calculations to try and find out how long it would take for the hCG to move to your bloodstream. So apparently the average filtration rate by the kidneys is 90mL/min and if your blood volume is 5000mL (no idea of your body size so using nice round number) then it would take about an hour for all of your blood to be filtered. Of course some of the hCG could start passing through in the early parts of this process. I suppose it depends on how far from the glomerulus of the kidney that the shot was injected. Basically, I would expect that in 15 minutes you could have some hCG passing in. Whether enough for a positive I don't know. I assume this is why you ask :) Good luck!

MrsFlasche I haven't even heard of that medication! What does it do?

My update: temp dropped a bit this morning. Still very minimal spotting, but usually it remains this way until AF. Probably coming Monday.

10 years ago

Hi Ladies! This forum has been pretty quiet lately :) I know that I have been laying low, trying to focus on things other than TTC this month...hoping that a little less stress would help.
We went in for an ultrasound a week ago and saw one really nice looking follicle and a few smaller ones. Doctor had me trigger on Monday night. The Ovidrel shot was a piece of cake! Now, 7DPT, I am in the longest TWW of my life! I had hoped to resist testing out the trigger, but I can't help myself. As expected, still a faint test line today. Anyone have any experience and willing to estimate how long it takes for the HCG to leave your system? My fertility nurse said to wait a full 14 days, so I won't take anything seriously until then, but am just curious what others' experiences have been.
DH and I have decided that this has to be the cycle, so here's to positive mental attitudes!
Hope everyone's doing well!

10 years ago

AF finally started. Onto another cycle! Start clomid again tomorrow.

10 years ago

I tested ever day after my trigger but I had a booster at 4DPO and then at 7DPO by the evening of 7dpo my line on my IC was almost not visible, so if I didn't do the booster I think I would of had a BFN at 8DPO. I have a pretty fast metabolism and im pretty sure it makes a world of difference, My Boosters are only 750mIU.
Thanks for doing that research! I read the leaflet and it says for women the drug should be 100% through by 26hrs for women and 28hrs for men, it doesn't say how long it takes to get out but I think that it different for everyone.
I did my last booster lastnight, I am 2 days past my usuall LP but I am solely blaming that on the HCG, im pretty sure im not preggers but I do bloods in 3 days!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

well ladies AF started sat so started clomid today. next wed will be the ultrasound hope eveything goes well.

10 years ago

Hi, ladies -- I thought I'd chime in as well. Natural cycle this month because of the gigantic cyst. Went for ultrasound and labs today (cd13) and while my follicles look quote "awesome," my lining is too thin. So, now I've taken my first estrogen suppository.

It's actually an oral medication my doctor is having me take vaginally. Anyone else have this? Any notable side effects?

I return in 2 days for another look. Hopefully I'll be IUI ready.

10 years ago

Hi ssurra I have heard lots of other woman talking about using exactly the same progesterone supplement which is taken orally as a vaginal one. Apparently it absorbs better but is a little messy!

Conleykr2 I hope the ultrasound goes well!! I am on clomid again from tomorrow night.

Stillfuntryin that must be hard not know either way and no way to find out for sure but wait :( Hope you are hanging in there and good luck with the bloods! :)

Well this AF is turning out to be the least painful I have had since my miscarriage! I will be well pleased to not be in agony every 5 weeks! Lets hope we get this cycle right and I get to wait even longer for AF!!!

10 years ago

Thanks, shelob. I took it at night so it didn't bother me too much. I did some research and it's possible my thin uterine lining is from clomid? Argh, this vicious cycle.

10 years ago

Ugh. Progesterone vaginally is such a pain. It is messy. Don't even consider not wearing a pantiliner or thin pad. The nice thing is, I don't have to go in to get my blood drawn for a progesterone reading.

Lilith, I am with you on the LONG tww. When I have an IUI and a booster, it's more like 3 weeks.

Had an ultrasound this morning. couple of follicles - On the right, 10. On the left, 7,8, and 10. Continuing with the bravelle and go back Friday for another scan. Uterine lining was at 10. (Yay healthy lining, Boooo for what that means when AF comes. )

Bravelle is another FSH - it's just derived a little differently - it's more natural, I guess (?) because it is made from human urine. Sounds gross, but we'll see if that works.

User Image User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo