Community post

Question

Am I crazy/wrong for not telling DH about my BFP?

I’ve had 2 chemicals this year and one in 2014, so I’m terrified. Yes, I test early. Because even with my others, I tested positive AFTER my missed period, and still bled over a week late. Except for those months and my post partum period with my daughter, my period is usually in full effect by CD 30. Each time it’s been later, it is because I was pregnant.

I don’t want to tell him for another week, possibly 2. In his eyes, I wasn’t pregnant when those chemical pregnancies occurred (I didn’t tell him about one because my pre- AF cramps were awful, so I figured something was up). That’s how he thinks. He’s not the most supportive in TTC (or during pregnancy) but he loves our daughter to the max, once she got here... typical macho man I guess. I am going on for bloodwork Monday, for doctors office confirmation.

I just don’t want to tell him, because he’s too crass if something were to happen. Am I wrong for that... because “it’s his baby too...” “he helped make it...”? I am just trying to protect my feelings if it does turn into another chemical.

Edit: It was HIS idea to have #2. After 24 hrs labor, I kinda felt like I didn’t want to do that again... lol!

User image

6 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

I'm still waiting for my strong positive on a test to even say anything to my husband. I know he will not be supportive if I show him faint lines. It's not exactly same situation but i am nervous about saying ANYTHING to him. You're not alone! GL and I hope good news comes at the doctors!

5 years ago

It’s sooo hard, but he’s such a skeptic! So, I’m waiting for affirmation from my doctors offices this coming week. Until then, I’ll keeping peeing in these sticks to see if it gets darker! Good luck to you as well!!! to both of us!

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

I tried to hide it from my hubby this pregnancy but whenever he asked me if I wanted a beer, I would say no and then it clued in. Hope your lines get darker; and I don't think you are crazy for not telling him right away.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

I think it is perfectly reasonable. After my CP last cycle, my DH actually asked me not to tell him until I get a strong positive on an HPT.

5 years ago

After several chemical pregnancies, the tests only showes vvfls and never got darker... so i refuse to tell my DH until its a dark positve line.

5 years ago

It's not wrong at all in my opinion! Take each moment as a blessing and as time to love yourself a little extra :-)

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo