Community post

Question

Charting... Newby... Please help!

My doctor wants me to start charting and using ovulation sticks, and I’m so new to this. We’ve been trying since March. I’m reading up on it, but for those of you charting and ovulation stick veterans, what do I look for in charting? Do I pee on tree ovulation stick just during my “fertile” window? I don’t want to do it really, all of that seems stressful, but I just want to get pregnant...

User image

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hi there! Best to take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed with a BBT thermometre. As far OPK's, I just bought the First Response Ovulation kit (20 tests) and you start after your period ends; I think around cycle day 9 and it gives you a yes or no response rather than trying to read lines on a stick and discyphering them and you would test around supper time. I took mine around 4pm. It worked for me but it was pricey. Other than those two things, I took prenatal vitamines, baby asprin (helps implantation) and preseed on the most fertile days and the sex part; well that's up to you guys . Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Thank you for the help... on the charting what exactly am I looking for when I look back?

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

For temps, ur looking for a thermal shift. U want to see two distinct levels of temperatures, known as a biphasic chart. The first level is the lower level of temps, and is during the follicular phase (pre-O, eggs getting ready). Once u ovulate, the temps then shift up (making the chart biphasic) to a second level, which confirms ovulation took place and ur in ur luteal phase (post-O, egg is out). U can't read temps individually, they're useless that way, so save urself the stress and worry of a temp being too high or too low, and don't get in that habit. The whole pattern is what u want. If u join fertility friend, they have a charting tutorial that is very helpful for learning the ins and outs of it all. I highly recommend joining that site and using it for ur charts. It takes some getting used to, but it's really easy and offers a lot of insight into what ur body is doing (if done correctly).
For opk's, I order the cheap ones off eBay. It's pretty basic. If the test line is equal to or darker than the control line, it's positive. Not rocket science by any means...also much easier on the bank account if u have long or irregular cycles. I test with SMU then again around 7pm. If lines start getting close to positive, I test 3 or 4x a day...the bonus to using cheap tests! To each their own tho, use what works for u and test at varying times so u can learn when YOUR body surges.
Lemme know if u need any help with any of that junk. It can get overwhelming at times but every little piece u can add to ur ttc arsenal, will be worth it.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Yes! It all seems overwhelming, lol. I’m simple minded. I’m going to get a thermometer today, I almost had myself talked out of it.

User image

@dragonfly23 how often are you taking the baby aspirin during your cycle?

5 years ago

I want to know more about the baby aspirin regimen as well. How does it help?

And I downloaded Fertility Friend app today, and whoah. There is a LOT to take him. I am a little overwhelmed.

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo