Community post

Question

FF and charting veterans... do we have a shot this month? Chart Pic Included.

I had an OPK positive the same EVENING of ovulation date (according to FF) on CD 15. We BD’d on CD 13 and again on CD 16 (morning after positive OPK). Hubs was being a butt because he was pouting due to the fact that I told him he couldn’t buy a brand new bass boat .

I thought the positive OPK meant that I was as ovulating soon... can it be on the same day? I didn’t get to BD until the morning after the PM positive OPK! Ugh! I’m scared I missed our eggie!

user submitted image

User image

7 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Sperm can live up to 5 days so really you had 3 times dtd that would count and thats good. I dtd twice, 3 and 2 days before o and we conceived a baby girl so it's definitely a chance you did! With my last daughter we only dtd once 3 days before o. Good luck!

5 years ago

I hope so! I would love a second little girl, and it would be cheaper since we have all little girl stuff!

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

The key is to BD anywhere from the moment you get a peak OPK positive test to NO later than 10 hours after the peak. That way you catch the peak (darkest test line) and this is by testing EVERY 3-4 hours starting Cycle Day 7. It seems like a lot to test but if you don't you will never actually pinpoint your peak so you can BD within the 10 hour time frame because ovulation will occur anywhere from 12-36 hours later and you're likely to ovulate closer to 12-24 after peak (more likely 12 hours). They say up to 48 hours only because some women will see both lines match or almost match and assume that's their surge when its actually NOT. These dont keep testing after this and actually miss their peak when the test line will appear even darker in two or three hours. AND that 2-3 hours difference when it comes to ovulating and timing sex is crucial for catching that surviving egg! Look at it like this...IF you BD the latest, 10 hours after a PEAK reading, and you are at the short end of the 12-36 hours after peak to ovulate, say you ovulate in 12 hours like I do after my peak , then you would JUST BE catching that egg. Here's why...say that you caught your peak +, then 10 hours later you BD, then 2 hours after you BD your egg drops (minimal 12 hours after peak +). Even though your egg has dropped, it only survives from 12-24 hours. So if its a short surviving egg, 12 hours, and his swimmers have 8-10 more hours of their journey, BDing 10 hours after your peak surge is pushing it. AND even tho the swimmers are in there and have been capacitating for two hours, a 10 hour process or more, your egg needs to survive long enough for them to still reach, capacitate, and then penetrate it. So given that some eggs only survive for 12 hours, his swimmers will have finally reached their destination and will have broken down their outer layer just in enough time to penetrate the egg which could be gone within a few hours! Remember, even though swimmers can live up to 48 hours. Your egg has to be there for them to meet it. AND, it take his swimmers 10 hours to capacitate (break down to penetrate your egg). so after you BD you have to count this 10 hour period of "waiting" time" for the egg to be penetrated. It's not the actually journey that swimmers have to swim, it's the capacitation process. And why have an egg sit there waiting growing old when his swimmers should be the ones waiting for the young fresh egg?! Even when you see your OPK's start to darken BD every other day, or even every day which I do when TTC; it doesn't hurt! I would say the morning after your + at night may have been too late after what i just explained. and depending on the strength and liveliness of his swimmers two days before may have been too early. Right when you see that def + (peak) get busy without mentioning any boats!!! That's why fertilization isn't as easy as it seems. Timing is everything! Good luck!!!

dillon20

5 years ago

Ur definitely still in the game! Sperm can survive up to 5 days, some even a tad longer if conditions are right. U have a decent bd pattern and a fair amount of fertile mucus, there's absolutely no reason to assume u wouldn't have a chance!! It's also very plausible that ur O is off by a day. Ovulation doesn't need to happen on the dip, it can also take place on the rise, and continue from there. U have fertile mucus for 2 days after ur suspected O day, which is a pretty good indication that progesterone was not present (or in high numbers) at that point. If u had a positive opk in the evening and O'd that same night, progesterone wouldn't be released in high enough levels to affect ur temp a few hrs later. I really think ur O was the following day. I can't see ur temps very well, but ur "1dpo" temp looks almost the same as ur 1-2 days before "O" temp...that doesn't indicate anything had happened at that stage.
Assuming ur chart is set to advanced, switch it to research and see what it does. For me, research was better at lining up my CP, CM, and OPK with my temps. Everything happened way too quick from positive test to indicated O, Idk that I'd be trusting temps over other signs at this point.
Even if temps are correct, ur bd's before and the morning after are still within range.
Best of luck! =))

5 years ago

Thank you!

User image

Dakotagurl, you were right! FF moved my crosshairs when I tracked my temp this morning to CD 16 for my ovulation! Yay! I feel better about our timing now!

User image

Thats awesome! Hopefully u get some good news in the coming days. =))

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo