Community post

Question

BBT help please!!!

I thought i ovulated 14 days ago so im bbt should have dropped today for the start of AF. But its still up and no AF yet. I took a FRER yesterday and BFN. Did i record o-day wrong? I had ewcm for a week before and a clear temp spike. But my temp spiked after an incredibly stressful day and id had a lot to drink that night. Alcohol normally puts my temp up. 2, this was a spike of about. 8. Could that have been stress? Maybe i o'd a day or two later? The ewcm always vanishes the day my temp goes up and this time it mostly did but ive had ewcm patches all through the luteal phase. Any thoughts? Would love to know whats going on!

8 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Can you post a screenshot of your temps?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Attempting to attach temps

user submitted image

6 years ago • Post starter

Ive had BFN on 9, 10 and 13dpo with FRER, it looked like the faintest possible line on clearblue early on 11dpo its in photos but id surely have picked that up on 13dpo if that was the case. Maybe the first day of temp spike was a false rise due to stress?

It looks like you have your ovulation day right. I don't see how it could have been later then that. That is big temp shift and I doubt alcohol would make it go that much higher. I didn't know alcohol could affect our BBTs.

6 years ago

Maybe you are one day off... It's a big rise though. you said a rise of 0.8?

6 years ago

Yes my normal pre-ovulation temp is about 36 degrees celcius, it might be 36.2 if id been drinking the night before but this spike was 35.9 to 36.7 which is a lot. Ive read stress can affect bbt but no info on how exactly, if it could cause such a large rise. But ive never had a luteal phase longer than 14 days except when i was pregnant and ive had such late bfns. Maybe my luteal phase is screwing around, it was randomly 9 days last cycle...

Stress can cause your leutal phase to do weird things too... I'd see what tomorrow brings for a temp.

6 years ago

So confused, temp still up today but BFN, never had this before i have no idea what is going on! Could the first two temp rises be a fluke and id actually be 13dpo today so due AF tomorrow? Nothing else makes sense to me. Ive read that luteal phase can occasionally vary by a day, Im always 14 so thought maybe just randomly having 15 this month but still nothing....

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo